Topic: Your first impression when smoking your first cigarette/cigar

I think of a subject for my rédaction in Français. And went to this. I want to ask the people who smoke in this forum.

NOT INTEND TO SMOKE IN THE FUTURE! SMOKING IS BAD! IS KILLING YOUSELF!

So how do you feel when you smoke?

Last edited by A Lost Boy (2012-09-19 08:20:30)

Re: Your first impression when smoking your first cigarette/cigar

First smoke = barfing
Now = satisfies the nicotine craving.  I've quit using the patch, until I got around regular smokers- just too hard to not do it.

SO DON"T START!

^^ Do you feel kinda like... guilty smoking it?

Shit.. At least it tasted like it. I thought the nicotene rush was nice but wasn't worth sucking ass.

I remember smoking some sticky icky icky with these 2 19 year old girls..good times

Never smoked, never will. I don't find any positives to it. It also does real bad damage to your health and here in Ireland, it's like €10 for one pack. So it's a costly habit at that.

My first one was disgusting, I'm amazed I still smoke to this day, maybe it has something to do with being chemically addicted to nicotine lol! Tbh I only enjoy my first cig' of the day and one after a big meal, the rest I smoke purely out of habit. Like Scavenger said above the cost of a packet of twenty is becoming exorbitant in the UK & Ireland, I smoke embassy Regal which cost anywhere between £7.50 - £8.00 in England. I really should give up.

Last edited by Fulcento (2012-09-19 14:32:02)

On the topic of smoking, a friend of mine literally smokes one cigarette every hour, maybe two or three an hour. He obsessed, and I can imagine how bad it is. He runs through packs of them like no ones business.

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

On the topic of smoking, a friend of mine literally smokes one cigarette every hour, maybe two or three an hour. He obsessed, and I can imagine how bad it is. He runs through packs of them like no ones business.

I smoke at about that rate too. About 1 per hour, I get through about 15 per day. Not good. sad

My first one tasted like ass and I remember coughing. Now it's a habit. I quit for four years after I got pregnant with my first daughter. After my second one was diagnosed with Autism, I started up again. I was stressed and I caved. I can admit it. I smoke about a half a pack a day and I know I should quit, but I like it too much.

Can't remember really. Was exactly 30 years ago.
I'm what some call a HARDCORE smoker.
Stopped a few times but came back to it.
H3LL, I just love the taste of it.
And I don't plan on stopping. For now that is, in the future who knows...

So not to be like me, DON'T FREAKING START!!!.

Oh btw, smoke one every 5-10 minutes. Hardcore I told you...

Last edited by kXnPunk (2012-09-19 14:49:20)

^^ I thought you were younger than that lol. And Scavvy, the price doesn't matter, it's your health. Good for you that you didn't smoke. Got some ideas now thx guys.

A Lost Boy wrote:

^^ Do you feel kinda like... guilty smoking it?

Guilty?  No.  Stupid?  Yes.  Helpless- mostly.  Nicotine has been proven to be as almost as addicting as heroin.

SO DON"T EVER START SMOKING!

I've smoked off and on since I was nineteen.  Quit for a couple years once, and will often go a couple weeks without, but I always end up going back.

Don't start.  It's a wonderful, terrible habit.

A Lost Boy wrote:

^^ I thought you were younger than that lol. And Scavvy, the price doesn't matter, it's your health. Good for you that you didn't smoke. Got some ideas now thx guys.

I'm an eternal teenager. lol
That's if smoking doesn't kill me. Hahaha

kXnPunk wrote:
A Lost Boy wrote:

I'm an eternal teenager. lol

We all wish that kXn lol

Make your wishes reality. It's easy. Hehe

^ That's why old men get 20 something year old girlfriends then... lol

lol

I smoke cigarillos occasionally. Those things are delicious, and they certainly don't taste like ass. Swisher Sweets....those and some coffee and I'm good to go.

I only smoke them occasionally though...maybe a few every 2 weeks. Now actual cigaretes, I have never picked a pack of those up before and I don't plan to. Not only are they an expense (where as it's only $1.49 for a package of two Cigarillos - which of course last longer than a cigarette), but they're of course terrible for you. And you're paying for those detrimental effects more than just willingly.

Last edited by The Creature (2012-09-20 21:27:51)

Why do you people decide to smoke?

I started smoking when I was 10 years old and have tried numerous times to quit.  All that happens is I lose my appetite completely to the point where it's unhealthy, and I also become unbearable.  I only smoke a few cigarettes a day so it's not the most expensive.

^^ That is...

I started at 19, when I was in the army.  Everyone has a vice in the service; cigarettes, or chewing sunflower seeds, or chewing tobacco, or dipping snuff...everybody does something.  I picked up smoking more out of curiosity than anything, and it just stuck.  That nicotine's a tough bitch to kick, man.  In all my experience as an addiction counselor I honestly think nicotine is harder to kick than narcotics like crack or heroin.  Nicotine may not make you want to sell your baby or steal your neighbor's hubcaps but that doesn't make it any easier to stop.

A Lost Boy wrote:

Why do you people decide to smoke?

Because it tastes good. lol
I guess it was because all my friends were doing it so I started it too.
Just a guess though. It's too far away.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2012-09-21 10:03:32)