Topic: Win Butterfly Effect 2 on DVD

We have 3 copies that we are giving away to you lucky horror loving crazy nut jobs. Why? Just because we can. Thanks for telling your friends about us and please continue to blog about us, post links to us and run around the streets of your city naked with nothing but a sign that says "HorrorMovies.ca" on it......... Ok maybe you should skip that last one.

Contest can be found here
http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6588.html

Re: Win Butterfly Effect 2 on DVD

*puts clothes back on*
Damnit...

On a related note, i wasn't even aware there was a butterfly effect 2.The first one was pretty cool. If anyone else enjoyed it then they might want to enter this and check out the sequel.

the first one is one of my favorite films.

Butterfly Effect 2?  Ugh, I hated the first one.  Although it wouldnt hurt to win.  I mean, a free dvd is a free dvd.

I liked the first one, too, though I was disappointed to not hear "BURN!" yelled at any point.  ...I also had no clue there was a sequel.

yeah the sequel had next to no promotion at all. I am hoping for something good since it has reasonable actors in it and the first one really did kick ass. Sides when its free you just cant go wrong. If you dont like it least you got it for free, and if you LOVE it well even better, you got it free smile

I've never seen the original and haven't heard of a sequel to right this minute.

the original is one of my favorite thrillers golden. Really a great film.

I blame my dislike for The Butterfly Effect on Ashton Kutcher.  Its really hard to see him play a serious role after watching him in one of your favorite tv shows, That 70's show.  Not fair to the movie itself.  But, back to the point...free+dvd=fantastic.

Ah, I never bothered to see it...I have to agree with TiM's reasoning of Kutcher is the reason why.

I really liked the first one and really respected that they went after some taboo subject matter. The crazy brother was kind of a cool character that I loved to hate also. Though i didn't know there was a sequal either. So the winners will have to be sure to do a review.

thegoldensimatar wrote:

Ah, I never bothered to see it...I have to agree with TiM's reasoning of Kutcher is the reason why.

I thought I'd hate it for that reason, but my sister had rented it, so I chilled and checked it out.  It really is worth seeing just to see how completely messed up a little difference in the past can end up making later on.  I think I may want to see it again now.

I really liked to non-happy ending for it, the happy ending was just to hollywood lame for me. Kind of like the Descent, why change the ending for the US release, we americans can't handle a bleak ending? It was a good flick even if it did have captain dipshit (Ashton) in it.

Actually, I thought it was a pretty happy ending. He can still have the girl, just a little later in life.

yeah it was, this movie in general was just a great movie.

I have only ever seen trailers for the first one and I really want to see it.  It looks great.  As for the sequel, like almost everyone else, I hadn't heard anything about it.

Definitely check the first one out if you haven't seen it. It's a good watch. Action, suspense, good plot, good acting, good character development. You really can't go wrong with it. I'm a tad bit skeptical about the sequel seeing as it was a direct to DVD release. Still it's free and free stuff makes me a happy fellow.

direct to dvd is not the bad stigma it once was. some of the best films hit dvd only these days.

"Straight to video" used to equal "suck", but you're right...dvd has gone a long way in changing that for the better.  It can still be a warning sign, but it's no longer an automatic bad movie, which is really nice.  ...especially since there are so few interesting movies making it to theaters most of the time.

I thought the first one was great.  I remember everyone putting it down because Ashton was in it, but he was good.  Thanks for the contest Meh.

I'm not a big fan of Ashton either, but he really pulled out the stops acting wise in the Butter Fly Effect.

I enjoyed the first one. I also never knew there was a sequel. Could be interesting to see where it goes this time.

Leon wrote:

I'm not a big fan of Ashton either, but he really pulled out the stops acting wise in the Butter Fly Effect.

I didnt see the movie for years because Ashton was in it. I never gave him much credit. Glad I finally saw it though.

Same here. It took me awhile to get over the fact that he was in it, but when i did see it I was suprised at how good it was.

Finally got a chance to see The Butterfly Effect.  It was a great movie.  Leon, you were perfectly right.  I had the same curiosity because of Ashton, but I am glad that I seen it.  It is definitely a great movie worth watching.  Hope the sequel is as good.