Re: Your first impression when smoking your first cigarette/cigar

^^ In the first time Punk. I suppose you think it looks cool right? Kinda "The Lost Boys Vampire-ish" lol. lol

lol
As a teenager, the gang is kinda the MOST IMPORTANT thing in the world so not to be out of it, you smoke too. But yeah, looks VERY cool. Hahaha

Who am I kidding???

^^ But I know it gonna ruin my life so NO!

^^^
Right on. Great attitude. Keep it that way and don't poison yourself.

^^ My sister tried it and got grounded by my parents... only to proves her love for a classmate. But he doesn't like her as a woman, only a friend. I hope that her current boyfriend does not smoke. I think he doesn't. My dad thanks to my sister gave up on smoking because when she was a kid at the funeral of my dad's half-brother who died soon of lungs cancer she said to him: "If you smoke more you will become like uncle, so stop it daddy..." And he gave up on smoking since then. But his younger and older brother still smokes.
I dunno what's the point of smoking I mean there is literally other things you can do to relax right?
For example me: Reading horror novels again and again because I only have like five or playing keyboard etc...

This might be offensive but: I CONSIDER YOU PEOPLE TO GAVE UP ON SMOKING AND FIND YOURSELF A BETTER WAY TO RELAX LIKE TAKE A BATH I DUNNO JUST GIVE UP ON SMOKING!

Easier said than done, fella.  But keep in mind that virtue untested is no virtue at all. wink

^^ ? err...

Yeah like if I was forced to smoke to be released from a kidnapping or die I would choose smoke but yeah other things: I'm very bad with matches and briquets (especially the normal ones)

I'm fairly sure that most of us smokers would like to quit if it was as easy as "Just stop smoking."  It's like telling an alcoholic to "just quit drinking"- that one took me roughly 10 years to kick, including Vampy threatening to divorce me if I didn't stop.

I was a kid with my first cig, and I coughed and coughed and coughed.  Then, just liked to have a few on and off once in a while.  I was lucky that way, could smoke for a few days, then stop for months.  I loved to smoke and listen to some GNR songs...mainly some of the slow songs from the Use Your Illusion album.  Some Billy Joel too. 

Then loved clove cigs with my Goth friends.  Man...haven't had one of those in years (almost 20), they tasted great.

Then...started smokeless tobacco.  Got hooked.  Loved it though, but horrible, and was tearing my gums apart.  Loved that first dip when I woke up, and loved it when I was driving.  Used Chantix to stop and don't think I would been able to without it.

Now, I don't smoke at all (wouldn't even consider it)...it would affect my work outs too much.  Don't chew at all...actually, its been over three years now that I think of it.  Also wouldn't consider doing that.  I also quit drinking years ago.  Man, that stopping chewing was pretty hard, and I still miss it.

azathoth wrote:

I'm fairly sure that most of us smokers would like to quit if it was as easy as "Just stop smoking."  It's like telling an alcoholic to "just quit drinking"- that one took me roughly 10 years to kick, including Vampy threatening to divorce me if I didn't stop.

Who's Vampy?

Vampy is Az's wife.  Never met the dame, but I understand she's a keeper. big_smile

Well considering divorce because of smoking is nearly as obvious to me lol.
Finished the redaction.

I dunno why so many people smoked when they were just kids lol.

I use to quit smoking once every couple of months, but only for a few days. My best time is 6 months. I made a list many years ago with all the negative and positive things about smoking and the conclusion was that any rational being would quit or wouldn't start at all. Didn't help much though.
Conclusion: Don't start so you wouldn't have to quit!

^^ Not to quit. Better dont start for yer health.

No, Lost Kid, she almost divorced me because of my drinking. 

As for Vampy, she'll drop in on our Skype conversations every once in a while- she particularly likes Lon's southern twang and Wolfy's "Bollocks!"  She "gets mad" when I talk about the UK ladies' accents, lol .

^^ Oh!... that is serious. I dunno what will it feels like consuming alcohol when I grow older. Try not to.

azathoth wrote:

No, Lost Kid, she almost divorced me because of my drinking. 

As for Vampy, she'll drop in on our Skype conversations every once in a while- she particularly likes Lon's southern twang and Wolfy's "Bollocks!"  She "gets mad" when I talk about the UK ladies' accents, lol .

I have a twang?

Damn.  Thought I'd lost that damn thing years ago. hmm

Smoking makes me so mellow but I couldn't imagine drinking.  I drank a lot when I was a teenager to the point where I was either always drunk or on some sort of drug trip (literally daily).  Now that I'm an old and crusty man (26 lol) I can't even have 2 drinks without being in pain.

I don't even drink alcohol, which makes me feel good about myself. Some people actually find it super strange, that a 20 something year old actually doesn't drink. Go figure.

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

I don't even drink alcohol, which makes me feel good about myself. Some people actually find it super strange, that a 20 something year old actually doesn't drink. Go figure.

That's exactly what I am.  If I go to a bar with friends or family parties with lots of alcohol, 9 times out of 10 you'll see me with a Mountain Dew.  I think it developed though because my wife likes to drink and she was taken advantage of many years ago while drinking and I want to stay sober to protect her and now it's just an subconscious reaction.  I may be a good person afterall haha.

Same here.  Smoking is my only vice.  I don't drink, and I wouldn't do drugs if you put a gun to my head.  But cigarettes...ahhhhhhhh.  Nicotine is one sweet mistress upon whose tar-heavy teet I thrill to suckle.

But yeah, bad habit, don't start.

^^
^^
^^
Scavvy, you're exactly what I am in the future (at least that's what I'm thinking lol)

Last edited by A Lost Boy (2012-09-22 12:32:46)

LoudLon wrote:

I don't drink, and I wouldn't do drugs if you put a gun to my head.  But cigarettes...ahhhhhhhh.  Nicotine is one sweet mistress upon whose tar-heavy teet I thrill to suckle.

Oh I would do if I have to on the brink of death

LoudLon wrote:

Same here.  Smoking is my only vice.  I don't drink, and I wouldn't do drugs if you put a gun to my head.  But cigarettes...ahhhhhhhh.  Nicotine is one sweet mistress upon whose tar-heavy teet I thrill to suckle.

But yeah, bad habit, don't start.

I have what psychologists call an oral fixation, and although it sounds nicer than it is, I need something to do, bite my nails, drink a soda, smoke a cigarette.  I can't do without something like that.

You know I've smoked blunts fatter than lindsey lohan. except i think she's been passed around a little too much..