Re: What pisses you off right now ?

Nah, threw the fish back.  It was only about 9" long, just a skinny little cat fish. 

Incidentally I woke up sore as hell this  morning.  And not twenty minutes after I get up, that very same uncle called and asked me to haul a propane tank onto his porch, one of those full-sized ones that's like 5' tall, and it was full.  Dude's got some fuckin' balls, man...

Rolled over last night in bed, knocked the shelf over, and spilled a glass candle of hot wax onto my back.  Forget about the burn, how the hell do you get wax out of a shirt?  At least it was of my cheap $6 around the house shirts.

Wow, they still have your power cut off?  What are they doing, rewiring the entire tri-state area? 

Oh, and about getting wax out of your clothes?  I found this on yahoo answers.  I can't back up its vailidity because, well, I don't know from washing melted wax out of fabric, but it was voted best answer, so...

First, put the pants into the freezer for a couple hours to freeze the wax. Next, take a butter knife and scrape and lift the wax off till you have removed as much as possible.
Next step: The iron. Turn the iron on to as hot as the pants will allow. Lay several layers of paper towel inside your slacks to be directly under the fabric where the wax is. Next lay one layer of paper towel on top of the remaining wax. Lay the iron down on the paper towel for 5 seconds. Lift straight up and see the wax stain on the paper towel. Keep shifting the paper towel and pressing the hot iron till you can lift no more wax out.
Next, launder as usual.
Remember, some waxes are made with oils and may leave an oily stain even after the wax has gone.

Thanks Lon, that's good to know about the wax.  I've gotten some on my clothes before, but it was jeans or black shirts where the oil stains you couldn't really tell they were there.  Good to know though

So I'm taking a shower, and my first step out of the shower I slip and put my head through the door.  Vampy runs over and asks "Are you OK?"  I look up at her and say "Do I look OK?"  It was the closest  I could get to ED2's mirror scene without passing out.

So much for worrying about wax on a shirt, now we have to deal with blood on the carpet.  Not my week, I tell ya.

Um, holy crap, your head really went through the door?  1. Are you okay? like need to go to a hospital or anything.  and 2. pictures por favor (after you're okay)

I don't know which is worse...putting your head through the door, or poor Vampy having to see you naked in the bathroom.

My heart goes out to both of you.

big_smile

This thread seems ultra popular. Does everyone on here have a naturally angry bent or something!!!??? big_smile

Not me, man.  I'm an optimist.  It's an effort sometimes, but that's neither here nor there. lol

I'm with Lon, takes a lot to piss me off now.  The turmoil I went through this year has put things in perspective.

i don't know if this could be considered false advertising or not but i recently bought the god of war saga for the ps3 and i thought cool all 5 god of war games in one package but what they was put in small print on the back was that two of the games you had to download off of the playstation network. I think that they should've put that fact where people could know ahead of time because what if people didn't have access to the internet or the psn they would've been cheated out of two games. I'll be a little bit more careful next time.

Last edited by daxter (2012-09-22 17:50:53)

Well I bought the God of War Saga and knew about the codes, but what bothers me is that I sold it back and the cover says 5 games.  When you trade it in, you just get 1/2 and 3 on disc.  I thought it was a crappy move on their part.  Still good deal for the price smile

Oh, don't worry, the door popped open, so I didn't literally put my head through it.  And besides, I've gotten enough concussions from football to know how bad it is (not bad).

But Howdy did send me some suggestions on get the wax out of my shirt!

This fucking hick town and its fucking hick post office.

^^
Do I even want to ask?  hmm

The short version: I shipped off some DVDs yesterday to a buyer and the package was returned to me today, because the woman at the PO yesterday drastically undercharged me and I don't have enough green right now to pay what it's really going to cost.  It makes me look bad, and it leaves my buyer hanging in the lurch. 

Fucking hick post office.

Amateurs.  Ugh.

^
Serves you right for having your Parole Officer send out your drug packages. You should know better. big_smile

When you absolutely need it delivered on time and avoid the PoPo, Flying Monkey Express is your friend.

What about those urgent times when I "absolutely, positively have to kill every motherfucker in the room"?

^^

Him
<-----

Mmm, he looks expensive. I'm not looking to spend more than a monkey, a pony at the very most... Ow much??

Still not healed yet, got writers block and have a deadline coming up on Monday. Absolutely no motivation either. Has me being an angry panda.

@Fulcento- he works for bananas, literally.

Now, how the heck did I pull my lower back, again?

I'm pissed that I couldn't breathe and my limbs went numb in the middle of the night, forcing my wife to call 911.  Worst night in a long time.  I literally thought I was going to die, like I was, in my head, thinking of all the things I'd miss.  Not cool at all