Topic: Top Horror Films v4

I am calling it v4 but frankly it is very likely much higher then that smile Since 2005 the system has evolved over the years. It is not perfect yet but i feel its much better then it ever was.

As of yesterday I launched the new Versus model. You no longer can rate movies down or up just for the sake of doing it. You will instead battle films against each other and the ones that win the most battles, you guessed it. come out on top.

Try it out.
http://www.horror-movies.ca/top-horror-movies.php

I am very open to ideas on how to improve it!

Re: Top Horror Films v4

I did it, as I said on Twitter, for about an hour yesterday and I think I'm gonna do it some more.  It's really fun because, 1. there are hidden comedies.  2. it reminds you of movies you may have forgotten about.  and 3. makes you think between two movies you love which one exactly you love more.  It's amazing!  Meh, you're always doing great things for this site.  Thank you.

Oh boy, more work for me...
You are a harsh master, Meh, lol

Gardenofstone10 wrote:

I did it, as I said on Twitter, for about an hour yesterday and I think I'm gonna do it some more.  It's really fun because, 1. there are hidden comedies.  2. it reminds you of movies you may have forgotten about.  and 3. makes you think between two movies you love which one exactly you love more.  It's amazing!  Meh, you're always doing great things for this site.  Thank you.

The thing I enjoy is that its VERY hard to cheat. You vote honestly if you want to have any impact. Plus its fun to have to battle the favorites. Martyrs vs Last House on the Left? Shaun of the Dead vs Zombieland? all very very hard!

Very hard, I had to choose between Dawn of the Dead and Halloween, two of my absolute favorites.  It was hard but I ultimately had to pick Halloween!!!

I was just giving it a go and was presented with Splinter (2008) vs Splinter (2008).  I've not watched it, so I had to click "I haven't seen both films." lol

I've had that a few times for Needful Things, The Thing and a few others.  And Lon, I suggest Splinter, very cool movie, has the guy from Road Trip in it.

I've gotten crotchety in my old age.  I'm not feelng it based on the synopsis and the few minutes of it that I have seen, so I doubt I'll bother with it. lol

I didn't like it at first, either, but as the film progressed it became just cooler, more fun and more violent.  But to each his own.  Still, if for some reason it's on TV one night, maybe watch a few minutes of it just for your old pal, Garden wink

Splinter is the best modern monster movie I have seen. TRULY fantastic with great pratical FX and no CGI.

FYI the code was just updated. A movie will now only appear for voting 1 time every 10minutes.
http://www.horror-movies.ca/top-horror-movies.php

Whatever Black Christmas comes up against, is basically an instant loss. Same with Jurassic Park, I tend to not even have to look at the other selection. lol

Some of these are really hard, I just had to pick between Mad Max 2 and Escape From New York!

I hear you Garden I had some DAMN tough choices to. But that is what makes it fun smile

It does then I'm stuck deciding between Snoop Dogg's Hood of Horror and some other stuff haha, perfect balancing system (doesn't ask like between Hood of Horror and The Thing so that's good, no unfair advantages)

i'm gonna start making a list of some of these that I either haven't seen in a long time or have never heard of, some awesome foreign films, Meh, seriously man, great job with this one.

Yeah man, like Garden said, real awesome job. I had a great time picking between movies, I ran into a few tough ones though lol

i will continue to improve it as we find its weak points but i say with confidence you cant cheat the top list now. its a valid top list!

Oh, it's definitely a game changer, and I like that.  No more single users giving shitty movies ten stars LOL.

Toughest one I've had so far is Tenebre vs Day of the Dead ('85).  Both are in my top ten all-time favorites list.  But I went with Tenebre, which is a space or two higher on said list.

Toughest one I've had so far is the Day of the Dead remake vs Prom Night remake. How the hell am I supposed to choose a winner from that???????

^^^ Lesser of two evils.  That's how I'm looking at it. lol

Just ran into a snag, Boss: I had an option to vote for "37829 ( )", with no movie title or poster provided.

EDIT: And just had another one called 41133 ( ), also with no title or poster.

EDIT #2: What the hell is Citizen Kane doing in a horror movie directory? lol

"Rosebud" ...

LoudLon wrote:

^^^ Lesser of two evils.  That's how I'm looking at it. lol

Just ran into a snag, Boss: I had an option to vote for "37829 ( )", with no movie title or poster provided.

EDIT: And just had another one called 41133 ( ), also with no title or poster.

EDIT #2: What the hell is Citizen Kane doing in a horror movie directory? lol

I am trying to nail down what causes that wierd bug. AS for Citizen Kane people would add stupid crap to MOrgueSpace which also populated this DB. I am cleaning it out as I find em.

Right on.

Another thing -- the "only 1 time every ten minutes" thing = no go.  In the last half hour of voting  there was a number of times that the same movie would show up far more frequently than every ten minutes, and at least one time I had a movie show up in two back-to-back votes.

Understand, that's not a complaint.  It wouldn't bother me at all if the same movie popped up every ten seconds.  I just wanted to give you a heads up.

Yeah, I had Dead Poet's Society, Groundhog Day and one more i can't remember that had zero horror element to it and then blank ones with just () or a number

Lots of fun! I probably just spent over 40 minutes voting on that. tongue