Re: Carpenter's Halloween Getting a Re-Release!

I would love to go see it but I can't find anything about it playing in Canada?   But there is going to be special showing of all three Romero movies in a row... Night of the living Dead, Day, and Dawn.  All on 35 mm too.  Think I will go to that instead smile

Really hope this will be showing in my area.  Does anyone have any idea how wide this release will be?

Here you go:

www.halloweenonscreen.com

DG -- so far it's supposedly only getting a re-release in the US.  But check this link regularly because you never know.

My theater is definitely on this list.  That is a bit surprising this must be a very wide release.  That is just spectacular.

When does it start showing?  I assume around Halloween time?

Last edited by ExplorerPOD (2012-09-24 19:31:34)

Last week of October, I think?  It says when on that site, somewhere.

Oh score. It's playing in my town. Hell yeah.

I remember when this little theatre in town showed halloween, rocky horror picture and few others that I cannot remember showing in 35 mm when they first opened during halloween week. I never went being I was more focused on my studies at the time.
Here's hoping they bring this to Canada.

They're showing RE: R in theaters in Hanoi now. Hope that Halloween will get it's nudity uncared and they just show it off lol I hope so.

ExplorerPOD wrote:

My theater is definitely on this list.  That is a bit surprising this must be a very wide release.  That is just spectacular.

When does it start showing?  I assume around Halloween time?

I was stoked to see that it's going to be playing at the Carmike 16 here in Jacksonville, NC.  I was suprised to see that it's actually playing here, but I'm not complaining about it getting a wide release, as I've never seen the original on the big screen.

Now, about V/H/S not screening here - disappointed.

Looking like some buddies and I are definitely going to go.  I have one buddy who is just barely a horror fan but is a huge movie fan in general.  He really appreciates Carpenter but Carpenter isn't one of his favorite director's.  He knows a ton about him though because of how much I talk about him. 

Then my other friend isn't a Horror fan basically at all but has always been a big fan of the Halloween series.  His mom went to the original Halloween when she was younger and it scared the hell out of her, so when H20 came out 12 years ago, she took us to see it.  He used to have a dope ass Michael Myers mask and I really wanted to wear it for Halloween this year but he says he doesn't know where it is at.

Last edited by ExplorerPOD (2012-10-01 11:28:49)

ExplorerPOD wrote:

Looks like old man Carp needs a little cash again.  I've seen interviews with him and he is not afraid to talk about how nice it is to still be able to make money off of Halloween, and all of it's remakes.  Wish he could squeeze out one more gem but the industry has crushed this man so much I don't think he has it in him.  Hope it plays near me though...

It's been a while back now, but Carpenter's episode of Masters of Horror, Cigarette Burns, was easily his best since  In the Mouth of Madness.

Never liked any of the Halloween movies past the 3rd, but if it's showing somewhere near here (hopefully there will be screening in Canuckland) I will definitely see it.

A lot of people would say this movie started a genre, that I don't know, but it definitely popularized  and revolutionized the slaher genre. My question is does Carpenter give credit to Black Christmas as an influence? Too me that's when the slasher genre was first solidified in one movie. Though realistically it's not so different from a lot of the giallo flicks from the 60's and 70's.

Geez that poster would look wicked framed in my living room:)

Dublin isn't on that list...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! sad

F*ck you whoever is responsible for this.

F*CK, F*CK, F*CK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's only playing on the 30th near me. My husband has to work that night or he can't take off Halloween to take the girls trick-or-treating. WHY???? Why only the one day? And why a Tuesday? Whose f*cking idea was that?

Like I pointed out in the Totally Random thread, I'm not getting Halloween in cinema - but I am getting The Shining extended version in cinemas on Halloween night tongue I would of preferred Halloween but beggars can't be choosers, I would of took any classic horror movie in cinema on Halloween night.