Topic: AMC Fearfest

Every Friday the 13th will be shown and a large number of Stephen King adaptations will be shown, Cronenberg's Dead Zone and both Pet Semetary's being a couple of the headlines.  Also I assume AMC will show Halloween 3, 4, and 5 just like always.   Anyone else excited?  Combine this with the beginning of the Walking Dead and you realize how well AMC is treating their horror fans in the Season of the Witch.

Re: AMC Fearfest

At first I thought this was the movie chain, but the channel is awesome. I watch it non-stop anyways because they play so many great movies.

The Walking Dead though, geez I'm beyond pumped for that show to come back! It's seriously the only show I will put my time aside for and make sure I watch it every Sunday. I will help out or do things, but if its on, nope haha Such a fantastic show!

I'm always excited, although I don't like watching censored movies, horror deserves the ratings.  Always watch it!

They are playing Motel Hell this year! DVR is set.

AMC never really disappoints with FearFest. AMC helps make the month of October phenomenal.

^yes it does.

I'm pretty sure they've played Motel Hell the last few years.  It is definitely out there I never can quite get into it but I will definitely try again next year.

It seems like Turner Classic will have us covered on the old school...They've got some really great stuff going and some serious classics going on Halloween day.

http://www.tcm.com/schedule/october2012.html

Also had Stephen King's Night at the Movies documentary.

I haven't heard of a lot of these like "I bury the Living" and "Tormented."

The schedule I found for AMC was kinda weird maybe someone can find a better one but it seemed like they were playing some of the good King adaptations, just as they do every year, but Dead Zone I think is a new addition.  Carrie, Silver Bullet, Christine, Thinner, etc..

Last edited by ExplorerPOD (2012-09-24 20:52:01)

I've heard of a lot more of those than I thought (still not a huge number) seems like they're going into the vault to find some goodies. AMC playing Dead Zone and Christine though? Sign me up. Silver Bullet too, haven't seen that in years.

AMC's Fearfest looks like it's going to be a blast. Unfortunately, I don't have that channel included in my family's TV packaged-deal thingy. I am considering buying it just for The Walking Dead, though.

Wow...this will be my first Halloween with no AMC in MANY years.  I always looked forward to it as part of the entire Halloween season.  I'd get up, and flip it on automatically.

This year were trying to save some money so we cut cable.  No Walking Dead.  No Fear Fest...no AHS for that matter.  This is the year they pick all the Fridays huh?  Thanks for rubbing it in.   hmm

Sy Fy Channel this year has some interesting stuff for their  horror movie lineup for Halloween

Nightmare on Elm Street 2 and 5 and Halloween 7 aka H20 and other stuff such as the last 2 awful Pumpkinhead movies lol

Ghost that is terrible news my friend.
They have been showing Motel Hell for awhile during fear fest.
I couldn't but burst out laughing about the remark to the last two pumpkinseed movies.
Good times during fear fest....yeah?

Ghosty-
Have you looked at AMC's & FX's websites?  A bunch of cable channels put their shows online now.  You could also try Hulu.