Topic: Just rented..

Critters, House, and Q:the winged Serpent.

It seems like there are a ton of Critter fans on this site.  I've only seen the beginning and am looking forward to it considering it's 80s horror/comedy starring none other than Dee Wallace. 

House I have also only seen the beginning of but from what I've seen I am really excited.

What do people here think about Q: The Winged Serpent? I really enjoyed Cohen's the Stuff and It's Alive was ok so I'm hoping for a hidden gem here.

Re: Just rented..

House and its sequels are just fun movies.  I haven't seen Q but I hope you let us know and possibly write a review (on the main page).

Critters is a fun flick.  Most folks say House is as well, though I didn't much care for it.  Q is tons of b-movie goodness.  Michael Moriarity's great in it.

Yep, Critters is fun.  I think I preferred House 2 over House.  And Q was nice cheesiness- and I'm all for anything with Mike Moriarty in it.  I find he's a much underrated actor, in my opinion.

I read an article about Q once in which another filmmaker (I forget who) was quoted as having asked Moriarity what the hell he thought he was doing turning in a method performance in a cheap b-movie. lol

But that's what REAL actors do.  When have you ever heard of a Zach Effron (blech) or a Robert Pattinson (puke) ever immersing themselves in a role like that?  Answer: ya haven't.

^^
Reminds me of Chris Lee and a whole bunch of other guys/gals that towards the ends of their careers they would do crap films and stand so far above the rest that it is the only reason why those films are remembered.  I'd have to do some research on the various films, but I'm fairly sure they number in the dozens.

I'm sure DG and Lon can pick out a few off the tops of their heads, being the encyclopedias of HM.  smile

I've always liked the House movies.. I haven't seen them ages but they always stuck with me. Critters is really good especially the one that takes place during Easter.. Fun flick.