Re: Last Mainstream movie you watched.

Moonrise Kingdom (2012)

So this movie was filmed in Rhode Island, and since I live in Rhode Island I just had to check it out and with a cast consisting of Bruce Willis, Edward Norton, and Bill Murray but in all honesty I found this movie to be really boring. While watching it I just wanted to leave within the first 15 minutes. I thought the plot was lighthearted and reminisced me of the times when I was young but at the same time it just wasn't my cup of tea.

6/10

Men in Black 3:
I'm not a fan of the series in general and my ennui levels were at zenith point. It was alright. The missus enjoyed it and she made me roast beef with yorkshire puds and gravy and brocolli and carrots and roast potatoes afterwards so it was totally worth it. Oh, the sacrifices I make. I'm a latter day saint!!! lol
I'd give MIB3 5/10.

Last edited by Fulcento (2012-09-23 17:40:50)

Amour and Rust and Bone

wrong turn 4  but movie was not good enf

binny11 wrote:

They have become a little silly, haven't they?  Still, I'll find myself watching the new one haha

I just watched Disney/Pixar's Cars

I'm still in a Pixar mood, might watch some Toy Story movies, I watched 1 the other day so probably keep in order and go, you guessed it, 2!!! smile

Last night I watched Coyote Ugly before going to bed. And woah, did I sleep good after seeing these HOT girls dancing around half naked. lol
I'm a sucker for teenage girl movies.

kXnPunk wrote:

Last night I watched Coyote Ugly before going to bed. And woah, did I sleep good after seeing these HOT girls dancing around half naked. lol
I'm a sucker for teenage girl movies.

That's the thing I like about high school girls..I get older, they stay the same age.

Hahahaha Yeah, indeed. lol

Gardenofstone10 wrote:
binny11 wrote:

They have become a little silly, haven't they?  Still, I'll find myself watching the new one haha

yeah all the action and movie was silly..no thrill and boring movie with low budget

The Avengers (2012)
Man, I love this movie.

This is a film I'd love to see a sequel to.

edit- Well, there are some rumors...

Last edited by azathoth (2012-09-25 05:59:40)

Oh my.  Dark Knight Rises.  Starts a tad slow, but holy monkey poop on several sacred sticks, did it pick up! 

Lost 1/2 point for the slow start.
9.5/10

I watched The Help this weekend with hubs. It was thought-provoking.

Dark Knight Rises and Avengers are just freaking amazing.
Gonna get the Avengers DVD next week, can't wait to see it again. Especially when The Hulk blasts Loki. So fun. lol

Watched one of my favorite movies of all times, the amazing Bitch Slap.
Great boobs, blood, fights, hot cars, action, crazy story. Yep, this movie RULES!!!

^^
"Puny god"
lol

Hahahaha yeah. He rocks.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/Animated/PunyGod.gif

big_smile

I like The Avengers more now than I did the first time I watched it.  Not that I didn't like it to begin with, but with repeated viewings I grew to really adore it, especially Tom Hiddleston as Loki.  But from the get-go I loved the Hulk scenes.  He definitely steals the show.

The Dark Knight -- I was actually rather disappointed.  A number of lapses in logic and continuity, and that first fight with Bane just goes on and on...  I did like Tom Hardy as Bane though, even if the big twist at the end kind of undermines everything they'd already established about him.  And I also liked right at the end, the outdoor diner scene and what it reveals.  Overall though I'd have a hard time giving this flick anything higher than a 5 or 6 out of ten. hmm

^^
I just glossed over the continuity stuff- the rest was just too good in my book.  I'm not as discriminating a critic as you- I'm in it more for the fun.  That's why you're my wingman- you got the knowledge.

And before you do it-  "Bullshit, you can be my wingman."  Da da dada da dum, da da dum dum....

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs4/1878879_o.gif

Last edited by azathoth (2012-09-25 13:22:52)

last night i saw mirrors part 1........it was ultimate movie..........

The Brave One featuring my favorite actress of them all, the amazing Jodie Foster. Rock solid performance as ever. What a great movie, crazy story. 9/10

azathoth wrote:

^^
I just glossed over the continuity stuff- the rest was just too good in my book.  I'm not as discriminating a critic as you- I'm in it more for the fun.  That's why you're my wingman- you got the knowledge.

And before you do it-  "Bullshit, you can be my wingman."  Da da dada da dum, da da dum dum....

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs4/1878879_o.gif

I've never been someone's wingman before.  Does that come with dental? big_smile

Just watched Stand By Me last night.  I have already seen it a few times but it kicked my ass all over the place.  Is this not the baddest ass young crew of the 80s.  I'm talkin Goonies, E.T, Explorers, Monster Squad.  All these young groups, not a single kid is tougher than River Phoenix in Stand By Me.  What a fucking bad ass movie.

Also watched the Sure Thing.  Got both of these Rob Reiner flicks on DVD from my local record swap.

Last edited by ExplorerPOD (2012-09-26 11:12:20)

End Of Watch 8/10 a really amazing movie, a true way to use POV in a film horror movies could learn from this movie.

The Astronaut Farmer Been a while I wanted to see this one and I wasn't disapointed. Pretty damn cool story and great acting from Thornton and Virginia Madsen which I love dearly. 8/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2012-09-27 08:35:31)