Topic: Dead Of Winter by Brian Moreland

The best book I have read all year. It is an intense read. And I will read it again:)
A predator stalks the frozen woods.
At a fort deep in the Ontario wilderness in 1870, a ghastly predator is attacking colonists and spreading a gruesome plague, his victims turn into ravenous cannibals with an unending hunger for human flesh. Inspector Tom Hatcher has faced a madman before, when he tracked down Montreals infamous Cannery Cannibal. But can even he stop the slaughter this time? In Montreal exorcist Father Xavier visits an asylum where the Cannery Cannibal is imprisoned. But the killer who murdered thirteen women is more than just a madman who craves human meat. He is possessed by a shape sifting demon. Inspector Hatcher and Father Xavier must unravel a mystery that has spanned centuries and confront a predator that has turned the frozen woods into a killing ground where evil has come to feed.

This book has exorcism, cannibalism, wendigo type beings, crazed mad men, and a hell of alot more. it is Alot of Horror to digest and scarey. It would make one awesome movie.

Re: Dead Of Winter by Brian Moreland

Daph, that sounds so amazing!  My favorite setting for a movie or book is the winter.  Probably why Stephen King's Dreamcatcher is my favorite book.  I will definitely pick this one up...well, today!  Thanks for the recommendation, I'll let you know what I think aboot it either here or on twitta

Oh yay, it's only 5.59 on the Nook ebook!!!  Superb pricing, when I get some bucks later today, yup...downloading that bad boy!

Well money came through this morning and first thing I did, literally, was buy that book on your recommendation!  I charged my Nook so I should be good to go!!!  I'll let you know how it is, thanks!

It is waaay better than the syopsis and it has so many Horror elements to it PLUS being a period piece it  is superb;)

I had it loaded on my Nook, just gotta get in a reading mood (today is new release day for movies and video games so it's all go go go for me).  You mentioned another book of his and I found it on his twitter and amazon and what not, looks like a very talented guy.  However, I only blind buy one author's book at a time.  If I like Dead of Winter, which I'm sure I will, then I'll buy his other book.  Thanks again for the recommendation.  Never enough good horror literature

Did you read it yet Garden? I really wanted to hear what you thought. I am getting Shadows In The Mist for Christmas:)

I won an ebook of Shadows In The Mist!!! I have to read it on my computer, but I REALLY wanted to read this book. Brian Moreland did alot of research, even traveled to Germany!!
http://brianmoreland.com/

Hey Garden I wanna know what you thought of Dead Of Winter;) It was the best book I have read in 2012

Just saw this now, Daph...ask me on Twitter haha.  I loved it a lot.  Moreland follows me and regularly talks to me on twitter, he's a very talented and nice guy.  I look forward to his future!