Re: What do you think is the worst remake?

Dark Water is pretty shitty.. Never seen Let Me In and I didn't have much of a problem with Quarantine.

Goon wrote:

Dark Water is pretty shitty.. Never seen Let Me In and I didn't have much of a problem with Quarantine.

Have you watched REC ?

Last edited by flamethrower (2012-09-25 11:33:49)

I'm just gonna throw Prom Night out there

Goon wrote:

The original Jap version is one of my favourite movies. Have u seen it.

I gotta say Nightmare on Elm St.  The original franchise is seriously so great, sequels included.  They just completely failed in making even a remotely watchable film unfortunately for the remake.  Friday the 13th remake was barely watchable for me.  You simply just can't remake someone like Freddy because his personality is a huge part of what made the films.  Some remakes are doable.  Texas Chainsaw Massacre wasn't terrible.

Fulcento wrote:

Has anyone here ever seen the NOES remake all the way through? I've tried to sit down and watch it at least 3 times but never made it past the half hour mark.
I loathe this film.

I am the exact same way.  Tried to get through it twice and barely got past 30 minutes.  I am not the type to dislike many films but something about it was just so damn dull.

^^^
Yeah, it's those godawful soporific blue filters that Bay utilises that, I think were meant to be atmospheric but just send me to sleep. I've given up on the NOES remake altogether - even though I've never suffered through it all.

I don't know what it is, but I actually enjoyed the NOES remake.  I thought that if they had to remake it, focusing on what made Freddy a bad guy would certainly add to it and behold, the filmmakers did just that.  It had some jump scenes, some awesome slasher moments and a cool grasp on a story...for a remake.

Yea the original Dark Water is pretty impressive. The remake though was just messy.

As for REC yea I have seen it. It's the better film for sure.. I'm just saying Quarantine wasn't that bad either.. Plus I'm kind of a sucker for Jennifer Carpenter..

Didn't it make you sleepy?
Honestly, I'm not joking, I would market this film to the NHS as a treatment for insomnia.

Right, I'm just gonna come out and say this and perhaps all my horror acceptance will go flying out of the window but here goes... I prefer Quarantine to [REC].
There - I said it. Please feel free to hurl rotten tomatoes at me and shout BOO!!!

^ I don't see the problem, it's not bad. It's just a shot for shot remake - it's just [REC]. but in English basically. It's not as if they tainted the original you know?

Goon wrote:

Yea the original Dark Water is pretty impressive. The remake though was just messy.

As for REC yea I have seen it. It's the better film for sure.. I'm just saying Quarantine wasn't that bad either.. Plus I'm kind of a sucker for Jennifer Carpenter..

Dark Water remake...::throw up:: haha.  Quarantine was a lot of fun.  I actually saw that before I saw REC, though, which may have set on/off my liking for it.  I haven't seen any of the REC or Quarantine sequels though so I don't know how played out/dragged out it gets.

Fulcento wrote:

Right, I'm just gonna come out and say this and perhaps all my horror acceptance will go flying out of the window but here goes... I prefer Quarantine to [REC].
There - I said it. Please feel free to hurl rotten tomatoes at me and shout BOO!!!

BOOOOO !!! big_smile As I said before Quarantine is just copy movie,not even decent to call it remake of the mastepiece like [REC].Maybe the same thing with me,but people often don't like the remake of the movie they love,but if that remake is nothing but only chance to steal the idea and to get money then I can't understand what people like there.Just stick to the original wink I like Black Christmas remake,even Rob Zombie's Halloween but the main reason for that is because they brought something,like the new regard and dimension of the original.Maybe I am not on the same page with the others,but you know what I'm talking about smile

Last edited by flamethrower (2012-09-25 17:12:30)

^^^
Cheers, I was almost expecting the elders of this site to come round me gaff, bundle me in the back of the van and put me in the stocks for everyone to throw rotten veggies at me head for saying that!!! Now, if I were to say I enjoyed Quarantine 2 I would fully deserve that fate haha!

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

^ I don't see the problem, it's not bad. It's just a shot for shot remake - it's just [REC]. but in English basically. It's not as if they tainted the original you know?

this http://bloody-disgusting.com/legacy/images/smilies/beerchug.gif

flamethrower wrote:

BOOOOO !!! big_smile As I said before Quarantine is just copy movie,not even decent to call it remake of the mastepiece like [REC].Maybe the same thing with me,but people often don't like the remake of the movie they love,but if that remake is nothing but only chance to steal the idea and to get money then I can't understand what people like there.Just stick to the original wink I like Black Christmas remake,even Rob Zombie's Halloween but the main reason for that is because they brought something,like the new regard and dimension of the original.Maybe I am not on the same page with the others,but you know what I'm talking about smile

LOL! I don't consider [REC] to be a "masterpiece" though, I merely think it's a good horror film and therein lies our difference of opinion. It was entertaining but that's all. I'd give it a 7/10. I'd give Quarantine an eight out of ten. Now stop throwing yellow tomatoes at me! I'll take the tasty red ones please! lol

I haven't seen [REC} yet (though I've had it on my PC for a while now) but I have seen Quarantine.  I enjoyed it enough, I suppose.  It wasn't horrible or anything but it definitely benefits from strong performances by Jennifer Carpenter and Jay Hernandez.

LoudLon wrote:

I haven't seen [REC} yet (though I've had it on my PC for a while now) but I have seen Quarantine.  I enjoyed it enough, I suppose.  It wasn't horrible or anything but it definitely benefits from strong performances by Jennifer Carpenter and Jay Hernandez.

That's the mistake,first the original and then the remake(in this case it's just copy) [REC] and [REC] ² are the best horrors in the last decade imo smile

I didn't know Quarantine was a remake until after I'd already seen it.  You'd think a remake would have the same title as the original, so for all I knew [REC] was a completely unrelated film. lol

It isn't a remake,easy -  it's plagiarism that's why they changed the name wink

I'm going to be honest here, I didn't care for [REC] at all. The lead female character got on my nerves and overall I simply wasn't impressed. I had a hard time watching the entire film. I wanted to shut it off at the halfway point. Quarantine wasn't great, but I enjoyed it more than [REC].

I think you people only preffer Quarantine because of the english language,it's made for you who don't want to watch the movie with subtitiles wink  Then tell me that I am a troll when I declare something smile The lead female in REC is so much better actress in every level and the movie at all.Really disappointed in the movie taste of some people on this forum hmm

Last edited by flamethrower (2012-09-26 08:57:54)

^^ I watch foreign films all the time. Subtitles don't bother me a bit. In fact some of my favorite horror films aren't in English. I simply didn't like [REC]. It has nothing to do with the subtitles. Sorry.

And you can be disappointed all you want, but be respectful of other's opinions. I didn't slam you for liking [REC]. I simply stated that I didn't care for it.

Last edited by Ms.Gorefiend (2012-09-26 09:00:12)

From my point of view when you say that you preffer and enjoyed Quarantine more,it's like you said that you like more Night of the Living Dead 3D than the original smile