Re: How Are Your Emotions Today.......Thread !!!!!!!

I'm worried. My little one is so sick right now. She's running 103 degree fever and vomiting. She can't keep anything down, poor baby. I just put the kettle on for me. I have a feeling it's going to be a very long night sad

^^  Sorry to hear your babies not feeling well. 103 temp is serious! You may want to take her to a hospital? I'm sure you know this, but being that she is throwing up, try to get plenty of fluids in her so she doesn't dehydrate.

^^ Thanks. She usually runs pretty hot when she's sick. Doesn't make me worry less though. I've been able to get her to eat some ice chips and I stuck her in a lukewarm bath. She's down to 101 now which is better. I'm going to have her sleep with me so I can keep an eye on her. I'm taking her to the Dr. at 8 am. I just need to get her through the night.

Hope she gets to feeling better.

Poor little thing.  I hope she feels better soon. smile

The Monkey Horde wishes her well.

Urgh. Yeah hope she feels better too.
My baby [well it's a cat but still my little baby] barfed on my bed last night. In 8 years she's done that only twice. Weird. Very weird. Maybe she got a virus. And is gonna turn into a Zombie. Haven't seen any Zombie cats in a movie. Always dogs. Damn dogs.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2012-09-26 05:34:01)

^^
Haven't seen Night of the Creeps?

^^^
No but I sure will. Thanks!!! smile

Thanks for the well-wishes everyone. She's doing a little better this morning. Her fever is down a little and she's been able to drink a little sprite and eat a few crackers. Doctor says it's just a virus. Hopefully she'll get over it soon.

^^ That's good to hear.

I've been fighting a stomach virus for 3 days now. Stomach aches, headache, chills, etc...

^^ Yuck. I hope you feel better soon. Get some rest and drink plenty of fluids.

^^
Bah, I hate those.  Can't keep anything down, which is pain in the butt.  Worst part is you have to keep drinking water (or tea, ginger ale, whatever), even when you know most of it is going to come back up, to stay hydrated.

My mom had a pretty neat drink to make it easier to swallow solid food. Sprite or 7Up shaked to remove the gaz. And strangely it worked.

Glad to hear your kid feels better Ms. Gorefiend.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2012-09-26 08:35:26)

My friend has a birthday today, we had lunch at Applebee's, it is a nice day:)

I'm just going to bitch for a minute. My sister is having another baby at the end of Oct. Her friends are throwing her another baby shower which I just received an invite for. It's going to be this big pretentious affair at some luxury hotel on the beach. She and her friends live on a different planet than I do. On her planet they drive Mercedes, spend $200 on a haircut, live in huge houses and make six figures. On my planet we shop at discount stores, drive a 14 year old beat up mini van and pay rent. I love my sister even though we don't really get along, but man, I would rather spork both my eyes out than go to this thing. And to top it all off, my lovely sister suggested I wear something with sleeves. I guess she'd rather her friends not see that I'm covered in tattoos. Might ruin someone's Mimosa.

^ Off-topic: I want some tattoos, but I hate needles.

Eh, they aren't that bad.

Probably not...if you don't mind needles lol

Normally I am 100% opposed to conformity.  Conformity means the sacrifice of self, and I don't think anyone should have to pretend to be someone they're not.

But that said, this reminds me of my older sister's wedding.  My younger sister, who had already been married once and went through a bitter divorce, did not want to go.  But we talked her into it, and as we were waiting for my big sister to come down the ailse, I look over at my younger sister and she was making no effort to hide her displeasure with being there.  All these smiling happy faces, and she was pouting and frowning.  Then later at the reception, I look over at her and it's the same thing.  All these people smiling and dancing, and she's sitting looking like she'd be happier being bathed in acid.  So I tell her (paraphrasing myself) "I know you don't want to be here, but this isn't about you.  It's about your sister, who you love, even if you don't like her much of the time.  Family supports each other no matter what, even when we don't want to."

Yes, I can be that eloquent, even on the fly like that time. lol

Anyway, point is, I totally understand and relate to how you feel.  But it's your sister.  And it's only one day.  Y'know?

^^ Yeah, yeah, yeah. I get it. But, I'm not wearing long sleeves when it's still in the 80's. She's out of her ever-loving mind. I'll go, watch everyone get drunk on Champagne and Mimosas while I sip my diet coke and eat pretentious food. I'll even smile.

Last edited by Ms.Gorefiend (2012-09-27 18:28:00)

That did come off as kind of preachy, didn't it?  Wasn't my intention, I promise.  I blame my professional career.  You can take the man out of counseling but you can't take the counselor out of the man... lol

^^ No, you weren't preachy. I think the thing that got under my skin was her suggestion that I cover my ink. Not that I really expect anything less. She picked out sleeveless bridesmaid dresses for her wedding and wanted me to wear body makeup roll

What kind of tats, just out of curiosity?

Oh, and incidentally, my older sister has numerous tattoos on her back and shoulders.  She wore a strapless wedding dress.  Suffice to say, she used a LOT of body make-up to cover them.

^^ I wore a strapless dress for my wedding and didn't cover any of them. Of course ten years ago I didn't have as many as I do now, but I still would not have covered them. As of now, I have waves and cherry blossoms on my left shoulder. On my right shoulder is an angel in a castle window. On the inside of my upper arm is a zombie pin-up and another zombie pin-up on my right forearm. Those are the most visible.