Re: Mainstream DVD's recently purchased:

LoudLon wrote:

Lots of good stuff there, Davey boy.  For some reason, the fact that you also like Shoot 'Em Up makes me like you even more. lol  Love that flick; it's almost like a live action cartoon.

certainly is Lon ! when i first saw this film it took me completely by surprise! a great fun movie! great sex scene and easily Clive Owen's best film !

I just picked up The Cabin in the Woods and Indiana Jones (all 4 movies) on Blu Ray, and Borderlands 2 for Xbox 360

Got The Bang Bang Club and woah, what an amazing movie.
Talks about the life of Nobel prizes for photo winners doing shots during apartheid. Insanely wild. Great acting, awesome story, great cam shots.

bbc

I was in Best Buy and wanted to buy a few cool horror movies and they just had an embarrassingly small and pathetic collection.  So I bought The Avengers

Katy Perry: Part of Me (3D BD)
Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers/Halloween H20 (BD)
Titanic (3D BD)
The Hand That Rocks The Cradle (BD)
Hocus Pocus (BD)

Last edited by KillMeDeadly (2012-09-26 19:45:45)

My most recent purchases are

Cabin in the Woods, The Fly(cronenberg) and Teen Wolf all on Blu Ray

The Stuff, Monster Squad, Halloween 3, Day of the Dead on dvd

Last edited by ExplorerPOD (2012-09-26 11:14:41)

Good haul, POD.  Was that the 2-disc Day with sketchbook?

Nah it is just one disc but it did come with a pretty darn cool mini picture/poster.  The mini poster that came with Monstersquad is just flat out awesome.

My parents got me The Avengers Blu-ray yesterday for my birthday.  Me and Vamps have watched it twice already!  big_smile

E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial (Anniversary Edition) (Blu-ray + DVD + E.T. Plush Toy)

^
Hey KillMeDeadly long time no see

Last edited by Vasquez (2012-10-14 15:57:22)

kXnPunk wrote:

Talks about the life of Nobel prizes for photo winners doing shots during apartheid. Insanely wild. Great acting, awesome story, great cam shots.

bbc

Jesus thats one of the most powerful images i have ever seen. I feel so so sorry for that kid. Kinda puts ur life in perspective. Heres me whining about i lost some Horror DVD's and the i look at this and im like, to myself u thankless arrogant bstrd.

Charlie Brown Christmas.
Charlie Brown Thanksgiving.
It's the great pumpkin Charlie Brown.

Just bought...ready for this

The Amazing Spider-Man!!!!! So excited, blind buy but best 20 bucks I've spent (still yet to see it haha)

Vasquez wrote:
kXnPunk wrote:

bbc

Jesus thats one of the most powerful images i have ever seen. I feel so so sorry for that kid. Kinda puts ur life in perspective. Heres me whining about i lost some Horror DVD's and the i look at this and im like, to myself u thankless arrogant bstrd.

Yeah very powerful indeed. And it's NOT the worst. There's another one that won the nobel prize featuring a guy in fire with someone slamming a machete in his head. Freaking insane.

Picked up Serio Leone's Dollar trilogy for 8 bucks!

This morning got myself IRON SKY. I'm halfway through it and it's freaking insanely cool. Weird and great story. Man, nazis on the dark side of the Moon attacking the earth. What a crazy idea. lol

Also got Cabin In The Woods and Snow White And The Huntsman.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2012-11-01 11:04:56)

Friend gave me a copy of The Hunger Games, which I wanted to hate but it wasn't that bad.  I've seen much, much worse

Got a question for you all. Have money for one movie and my choices are Hunger Games and [•REC 3] Genesis. Which one dya think is better???

kXnPunk wrote:

Got a question for you all. Have money for one movie and my choices are Hunger Games and [•REC 3] Genesis. Which one dya think is better???

Not the best choices haha.  Hunger Games I liked a lot, had a PG13 Battle Royale feel to it.  I haven't seen REC 3 but 2 wasn't half as good as the first.  I can only imagine the third won't be a quarter as good as the first

Yeah maybe but hey, to each his own. Hahaha
I liked REC 2 more than one so. Just got some cash today from a contract I did so I'll get the 2. Question self answered. Thanks for responding though and I loved Battle Royale so I'm guessing I'll enjoy it.

Bought:

The Watch
The Santa Clause trilogy
Elf
Batman Begins

Picked up a few random movies while in town today, Anchorman & The Never Ending Story.

Heck of a combo, huh?

The Creature wrote:

Picked up a few random movies while in town today, Anchorman & The Never Ending Story.

Heck of a combo, huh?

Odd combo, but two good movies none the less.

Ordered a couple movies off line today.I picked up

The Road
The Princess Bride
Half Nelson

actually now that I am thinking about it this is a pretty weird combo too lol.

The complete Red Green series.
A $300 set for $60.
Normally $299,on sale on Amazon.com for $99.99 and I had $50s in gift cards. smile