Re: What do you think is the worst remake?

I spent most of the nineties watching foreign films.  Subtitles don't bother me at all; in fact I prefer watching foreign films in their original language.  Even decent dub jobs can be distracting and take you out of the movie. 

And nobody's trolling you, Flame.  It's just that folks 'round here (myself included) don't like when their opinion is disrespected or called flat out wrong, or when others present their opinions as facts.  We don't have to agree with one another, but we do have to respect one another's opinions.

Incidentally, if you ever feel someone's trolling/flaming you, promptly report it to a mod.  We want folks to enjoy their visits here, not feel like they're under attack whenever they post. smile

Re: What do you think is the worst remake?

I think when he said we don't like it because of the subtitles he was joking.. Notice the winking emoticon.. I've always though Jennifer Carpenter was a great actress. She was simply amazing in The Exorcism of Emily Rose and she is pretty damn good in Dexter as well.

One persons masterpiece is another persons trash.

Re: What do you think is the worst remake?

Goon wrote:

I think when he said we don't like it because of the subtitles he was joking.. Notice the winking emoticon.. I've always though Jennifer Carpenter was a great actress. She was simply amazing in The Exorcism of Emily Rose and she is pretty damn good in Dexter as well.

One persons masterpiece is another persons trash.

If REC is " the trash " then you are the troll obviously,I don't know what to say about that opinion of yours.Sorry but it's like that.And I wasn't joking so I can't believe that someone has the opinion like you towards this movie.This movie brought the new dimension of horror,it evolved and devolped from the first to the last minute of the movie.It's scary(maybe not for you ; I think that you watch horror with minimum sound or maybe without),tense from the moment they came into the building,full of action(especially in the [Rec] ² ,you probably only watched american copy-paste one). If you preffer Quarantine just because of the one actress then I must say your way of picking movies and your movie taste is hilarious and comical.  P.S.   I like to troll people who troll first wink

Last edited by flamethrower (2012-09-26 12:47:55)

Re: What do you think is the worst remake?

^^ Look, you have a right to your opinion, but at least have the decency to be respectful especially when someone is trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. Seriously. I haven't been here that long, but one of the things I like the most about the forum here is that people are able to agree to disagree and have intelligent, thoughtful discussions about differing opinions.

We get it. You love REC. You're willing to flame people to defend your opinion. But in the end, it's still just an opinion. It's not gospel. Some people aren't going to like the same things you are. Films are subjective. It's just the way it is.

edited to add: Adding a 'wink' or an 'lol' after an insulting comment doesn't make it less insulting. Do you honestly think that people who don't like REC are "trolling" you? Don't take the dislike of one movie so personally.

Last edited by Ms.Gorefiend (2012-09-26 12:53:39)

Re: What do you think is the worst remake?

Only thing that is strange to me here is how many people on the same place who preffer this remake*shot by shot,copy-paste,plagiarism which  didn't added any value.Look at the reviews,people's view of this movie and you'll see that yours opinion deviates.That deviation is enormous.

Last edited by flamethrower (2012-09-26 13:02:47)

Re: What do you think is the worst remake?

Ms.Gorefiend wrote:

Do you honestly think that people who don't like REC are "trolling" you? Don't take the dislike of one movie so personally.

He didn't expressed like that,he said "One persons masterpiece is another persons trash." ; so that only must be "trash" from his point of view and that is the trolling my dear Ms.Gorefiend smile

Re: What do you think is the worst remake?

I really don't care what the reviews say. I don't always agree with reviews. Personally, I didn't care much for either movie. REC was a chore to sit through. I didn't find it scary or innovating or groundbreaking or much of anything. The lead female character annoyed me with her incessant whining and that's not against the actress, but the character as it was written. I like Quarantine a little better. It annoyed me less. Sorry that you choose to take my view as you do, but I'm not going to change my opinion because you're telling me it's wrong.

Last edited by Ms.Gorefiend (2012-09-26 13:34:55)

Re: What do you think is the worst remake?

flamethrower wrote:
Ms.Gorefiend wrote:

Do you honestly think that people who don't like REC are "trolling" you? Don't take the dislike of one movie so personally.

He didn't expressed like that,he said "One persons masterpiece is another persons trash." ; so that only must be "trash" from his point of view and that is the trolling my dear Ms.Gorefiend smile

No, it's a figure of speech, turn of phrase, idiom, cliche if you will. "One man's trash is another man's treasure." It's his opinion, not trolling.

Last edited by Ms.Gorefiend (2012-09-26 13:15:05)

Re: What do you think is the worst remake?

http://saucysocialmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/you_are_broken_trollcat-300x300.jpg

Re: What do you think is the worst remake?

^
You are way out of league mate. Rule N1 RESPECT

Last edited by Vasquez (2012-09-26 13:41:43)

Re: What do you think is the worst remake?

flamethrower wrote:

http://saucysocialmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/you_are_broken_trollcat-300x300.jpg

roll 

Now that is what you'd consider "trolling".

Last edited by Ms.Gorefiend (2012-09-26 13:38:28)

Re: What do you think is the worst remake?

Vasquez wrote:

^
This is not funny anymore, you are way out of league mate. Rule N1 RESPECT

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/21085283.jpg

Re: What do you think is the worst remake?

Grow up.

Re: What do you think is the worst remake?

Hey flamethrower I like REC aswell but i RESPECT Gorefiends opinion. Im sure there are probably films that are generally considered amazing but u are not fond of. Now drop it.

Re: What do you think is the worst remake?

Ms.Gorefiend wrote:

Grow up.

He/she seems to think that everyone's opinion is wrong but his/hers. I had the same problem with him/her, he/her seemed to hate the fact that I disliked the Black Christmas remake a whole lot. I respect his/hers for liking it, each to their own. But Flamethrower can't seem to grasp that concept.

Last edited by Scavenger of Human Sorrow (2012-09-26 14:00:58)

Re: What do you think is the worst remake?

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:
Ms.Gorefiend wrote:

Grow up.

He/she seems to think that everyone's opinion is wrong but his/hers. I had the same problem with him/her, he/her seemed to hate the fact that I disliked the Black Christmas remake a whole lot. I respect his/hers for liking it, each to their own. But Flamethrower can't seem to grasp that concept.

I am male if you wanna know and I have every right to defend my opinion in this case I think it's only logical (man this so strange I must repeat that people like Quarantine better,I have been on so much forums but haven't heared such a non-sence.I LOL really everytime you have written something) and perfectly because it's the opinion that the most people share about this movie and I would say right abhorrence to shitty Quarantine.

Re: What do you think is the worst remake?

^ Why are you mad for? I respect all your opinions, laugh at every post I make too. I don't care if honest, but keep it to yourself - no one else needs to know. It's disrespectful the way you act.

Re: What do you think is the worst remake?

I am not mad,I'm astonished what people think about REC and Quarantine here (which are so much on the different level even if Quarantine tried to be REC on every level wink )

Re: What do you think is the worst remake?

It's their own opinion, something you need to learn to respect.

Re: What do you think is the worst remake?

Maybe someone here needs to learn to differs great idea of the original and stolen idea which brings no value,only value in money wink Generally as I can see you people don't understand bad and good remake (which needs to bring SOMETHING NEW like the new vision of the original - I think that is the idea of the remake,not just in seeing chance to get money by copying the original)

Re: What do you think is the worst remake?

"as I can see you people don't understand bad and good remake"

I rest my case.

Last edited by Scavenger of Human Sorrow (2012-09-26 15:18:41)

Re: What do you think is the worst remake?

Getting back to topic, I personally liked Quarantine though.

However I think the Nightmare on Elm Street remake was total crap. I always thought "with todays visuals, this series would be so awesome!" and then they made that crap....Friday the 13th was at least fun to watch.

I think a remake needs to do something more than the original with their own take on it. Nightmare on Elm street did nothing for me.

Re: What do you think is the worst remake?

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

"as I can see you people don't understand bad and good remake"

I rest my case.

Well done detective. http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/11810/thumb_smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-024.gif I said the truth,but the truth sometimes hurts.

Re: What do you think is the worst remake?

You know the funniest part of your argument? You're telling me that [REC]. is better than Quarantine, and what did I say earlier on in this thread that you quoted? I said that [REC]. is better in my personal opinion, that Quarantine is a shot for shot remake. I agree with you.

I'm not talking about movies with you, I'm talking about you and your need of respecting people in this forum.

Last edited by Scavenger of Human Sorrow (2012-09-26 15:31:32)

Re: What do you think is the worst remake?

I told generaly about people on this forum who can't separate valuable remake and complete piece of shit like Quarantine.