Re: What was your saddest Character death in a Horror movie?

i was kinda bummed when Hud bit it in Cloverfield

i also would agree with the little girls dad from 28 Days Later, also in 28 Weeks Later when the soldier is pushing the car and is burned alive was kinda sad.

also i hated seeing Samuel go in Diary of the Dead

El Ray in Planet Terror

Maven- I think you definitely could do a good editorial on that topic! Isn't it strange how humans are affected(sp) differently when an animal dies than when a human dies...

katylou84 wrote:

Maven- I think you definitely could do a good editorial on that topic! Isn't it strange how humans are affected(sp) differently when an animal dies than when a human dies...

Most of the time the human deserves it. Animals don't. IMHO that is.

Mothermayhem- you make a very fine point!!!! Also, what in the hell does IMHO mean??? Does it mean In My Honest Opinion?

Last edited by katylou84 (2008-06-08 08:56:11)

Yup.  IMHO means "In My Honest Opinion."  Idk my bff Jill.  OMG!  WTF!  NSFW?  Oh, well G2G BRB TTYL!  Hahaha, I could not help myself.  cool tongue

i think it is more sad to see a pet die in a film because dogs (and other pets) offer unconditional love and are loyal no matter what, they are a pure being....people can not be trusted.

All the dogs from the Thing, there in the cage struggling to get out but cant.

Another sad one is not a horror film but scfi called Equiliberiam with Christian Bale witnessing all these dogs getting shot but doesn't show it but his face and expression and the sounds of the little pups getting shot. I thought that was sad and powerful despite not showing it.

I agree, I don't feel too sad when the humans get it.  They've usu. don't something stupid anyway.  But when animals get it, I sit there and cry like an idiot.

I almost cried when Arnie died in Christine. But Carpenter make Leigh ******' make it "un-sad"

The Jacob's Ladder was ultra sad too when I discovered that he was dying slowly....

I hate dogs but I think the death of the dogs in The Thing is sad too.

Speaking about The Thing I think that Adam's death was kinda sad too.

Barrymore's death in Scream was pretty scary and sad.

Annie's death in Halloween II makes me almost cried I dunno why.

Andy's death in TTCM was sad too because the guy must have suffer ALOT!

Also poor Kemper he was going to propose to her gf.

I also feel bad for Kirby getting killed by Charlie in Scream 4.

I also hated that Tommy died in Carrie.

Also with Miss Collins getting killed by Carrie. That movie was just... sick, beautiful, haunting, scary and sad I would never (probably) watch it again.

Last edited by A Lost Boy (2012-09-26 08:19:00)

Sam from I Am Legend
Gage from Pet Semetary
Billy Harley from Pumpkinhead
Roger from Dawn of the Dead (1978)
Randy from Scream 2

^^ Yeah I hate it when they killed Randy and y DOES ROGER HAVE TO DIE AS A ZOMBIE!!!!?

I feel sorry for the real life death of the tortoise in Cannibal Holocaust. Man it was disturbing.

Last edited by Vasquez (2012-09-26 12:39:04)

Gage in Pet Sematary.. Hit by the big ass semi truck.

I would have to go with Jack Ketchum's Girl Next Door.Man that poor girl went through hell.

Sam in I am Legend, that one really got to me.
Also of note, the dog in White Dog, Brett in Alien, and Hudson in Aliens.

Candyman- The death of Helen

The Orphange- The death of the little boy

The Devil's Backbone- How the ghost boy died

Gage - Pet Sematary - tore my heart out.
Bee Bee - Deadly Friend - I never cried so hard for an inanimate object's destruction.
Brendan Gleeson - 28 Days Later - Nooooooooo!

^^^ I wasn't crazy about 28DL but I thought Gleeson was just great in it.  And I thought the same thing when his character died. hmm

Constantce wrote:

The saddest?  The Shining when Dick Halloran finally shows up, after a grueling trip, and Jack kills him in about a second.

good pick

Gage from pet sematary, but also Rachel.  That movie makes me cry every time.

"I brought you something mommy."

Last edited by riverash (2012-09-26 21:55:09)

KillerClown wrote:

I would have to go with Jack Ketchum's Girl Next Door.Man that poor girl went through hell.

2 films in my entire life have effected me... Martyrs and Girl next door. Both made me die a little inside and I don't think I'll be watching them again. The death of the girl in Martyrs near the middle kinda devistated me but at the same time I felt so much relief that her pain was over.

Girl next door, the ending was so tragic and terrifyingly realistic I'll never get over it, ever! I will always hear that pain. Erch making me tear up now! I used to be such a cold hard bitch haha.

Randy in Scream 2. WHY!?!?! I was so pissed and upset lol.

Dogs that are good guys always upset me but I can't say I feel for dogs that are the bad guys dog ready to tear the hero a new one, literally. Rather its bits than mine kinda thing.

The mother from The Woman. I kinda feel like she didn't deserve it, she was just as much a prisoner as The Woman was but I get that it was because she could have helped and didn't. Bystander hmm

Clare Harrison in Black Christmas.

She was far to attractive to die so early on. Perhaps my favourite female character in a Horror movie, other than maybe Angela from Sleepaway Camp but she wasn't exactly.. well you know.

How 'bout Christine?

^^ Yeah can't believe I put the name of the car and also the name of Christine from Drag Me To Hell... That death scene was ultimately sad with Clay just sit there and crying and both scary even though it was filled with terrible CGI.

Yes basically every death in Carrie.  Not much more powerful than that film in my opinion.