Re: Is Tom Savini really a jerk in person????

I haven't met a lot of famous people, but the few I have met have been really cool. If one of them were an asshole I would just be one back. Same goes with Savini. But even If I had a chance to meet him I wouldn't. I've heard to many negative things about him. I love his special effects but I have zero respect for him.

cant be easy being a celebrity either in many cases and all can have a bad day
lol (as normal peeps also can have aswell)
the only "Star" i dont have any respect for is actually Robert Englund after he bashed a 10 year old kid in a celebrity Horror venue for  asking about an autograph inside the premises but not at the stand .
ok maybe had a bad day but you dont start screaming at a 10 year old kid because off that and certeinly not in a fan horror venue(was actually abit scared he was gonna give him a punch cause he looked rabid was scary =

Last edited by Grinded (2010-02-02 04:18:10)

Never met him.  Haven't heard good things about him, though.  And I mean outside of this forum.

I have met Tom Savini on many occasions. I went to the art institute of Pittsburgh for Special FX and he was one of the reasons i did it other than George A Romero or Russ Streiner. But I have never lost so much respect for someone ever. This man was the biggest A hole i met. I was so excited to meet him the first time..when i went up to him i started talking about all of his work and how he inspired me to go to school for special fx..and he didnt have a care in the world. All he cared about was his damn $20 and on to the next person in line. I saw him again a few years later and he was the same way. I could care less about the man now..what a dick! If you want to meet him save it cuz hes not worth meeting. Now if you want to meet a nice guy Meet George Romero or Russ Streiner..two of the nicest guys ever!

Some people on here are saying that he may have had a bad day..i dont give a shit..when you do the kind of work that he does..he should be more of a people person because people are going to look up to him and he would be jack if it wasnt for his fans...there is nothing wrong with smiling to your fans and chatting for a few seconds with them. Its call be respectful!

I have met Tom Savini and he was a complete prick. That said I also met Romero who was an AWESOME guy. His son is also super nice and talented.

I am still a huge fan of Tom Savini's work but I am dissapointed he doesnt love or at the least respect his fans.

From what I've heard, he started off as a nice guy, but when he started getting famous his ego ballooned.  Kind of sad.  Look at The Bruce, he still does stuff with the fans.

But them I'm not famous, so what the f' do I know?  (Even my monkey punches me in the face sometimes)

Savini was polite when I talked to him but not warm and fuzzy.  He looked like he would rather be somewhere else...lol   I forgot to tell him I had just posted a top ten on movies he did.

Most of the celebs I have met so far have been fantastic...Robert Englund did the Freddy voice for me and talked about Suspiria (because I had the tee on), Tony Todd laughed and was funny when I told him he scared the hell out of me in Candyman, Joe Pilato serenated me with a song and did an impromtu performance as Captain Rhodes, John Carpenter called me sweetie, I got a hug from Norman Reedus (I know all you girls are jealous now- BTW he was super sweet to all his fans), James Marsters was funny and polite and chatted with every fan who waited in line, Kane Hodder was polite and asked what my favourite friday the 13th was, and I also got a hug from Geretta Geretta who was fantastic to her fans.  So there haven't been too many I haven't liked meeting so far....

of the horror legends I've met, I wanna meet Savini but don't feel sad that I haven't given what people said above and what my buddy Luke said aboot him.

he has his moods. nice guy though