Re: What pisses you off right now ?

I'm pissed because I have to do work for college, argh.

Re: What pisses you off right now ?

I'm pissed at myself for taking so long to finish the manuscript I'm working on. I'm so close to the end, but I've been procrastinating. A woman in my writer's group just pulled in 15K this quarter on one book. One fucking book at a second tier digital publisher too. I need to be making that kind of money.

6,753

Re: What pisses you off right now ?

^^
Hope your kid is better and you can finish off your work.

Re: What pisses you off right now ?

^^ She is. Thanks Azzy. Now if I can just get this last 12K written, I'll be golden.

6,755

Re: What pisses you off right now ?

My aunt called me over yesterday to move some scrap metal out of her yard and take it to a recycling center.  I ended up moving a total of about 1800 lbs of metal, two trips in my truck to the recycling center and had to unload it all myself both times.  So really I ended up moving about 3600 lbs, without any help.  Today I can barely stand up because my back is so fucked up.

It's times like this I wish I wasn't so staunchly against painkillers...

6,756

Re: What pisses you off right now ?

azathoth wrote:

Oh, don't worry, the door popped open, so I didn't literally put my head through it.  And besides, I've gotten enough concussions from football to know how bad it is (not bad).

But Howdy did send me some suggestions on get the wax out of my shirt!

You need to get some adhesive ducks with umbrellas. lol
Let's see how many people get that reference.

6,757

Re: What pisses you off right now ?

azathoth wrote:

Rolled over last night in bed, knocked the shelf over, and spilled a glass candle of hot wax onto my back.  Forget about the burn, how the hell do you get wax out of a shirt?  At least it was of my cheap $6 around the house shirts.

At least it was your back. tongue lol

Re: What pisses you off right now ?

Mr. Black wrote:

Still not healed yet, got writers block and have a deadline coming up on Monday. Absolutely no motivation either. Has me being an angry panda.

I hope it gets better and I hope some inspiration comes your way.

6,759

Re: What pisses you off right now ?

LoudLon wrote:

  Today I can barely stand up because my back is so fucked up.

It's times like this I wish I wasn't so staunchly against painkillers...

Go see my post over in the "Emotions Today" thread.  I have the same thing going on.  Ibuprofen is working so far, but if doesn't get better in a few days I might need to get the muscle relaxants again.  They knock me out like a Mike Tyson uppercut.  sad

Believe it or not, I do actually need to sleep once in a while, but it's kind of tough when you can't because you back is throbbing.

6,760

Re: What pisses you off right now ?

hellrat wrote:

You need to get some adhesive ducks with umbrellas. lol
Let's see how many people get that reference.

I can think of at least 2.

6,761

Re: What pisses you off right now ?

azathoth wrote:
LoudLon wrote:

  Today I can barely stand up because my back is so fucked up.

It's times like this I wish I wasn't so staunchly against painkillers...

Go see my post over in the "Emotions Today" thread.  I have the same thing going on.  Ibuprofen is working so far, but if doesn't get better in a few days I might need to get the muscle relaxants again.  They knock me out like a Mike Tyson uppercut.  sad

Believe it or not, I do actually need to sleep once in a while, but it's kind of tough when you can't because you back is throbbing.

I've basically been sitting at my computer desk all day with my feet propped up because it's the only position which feels even remotely comfortable.  Normally when I have back pain I'll pop one Aleve.  That usually does the trick, and when it doesn't, I opt to just suffer through it.

It didn't work today. hmm

Christ, it sucks to be 40.  And just think, I'll be 41 in three weeks.  Can't wait to see what that shit feels like.

6,762

Re: What pisses you off right now ?

^^
Heh, I just turned 39 a few days ago.  We have just been a bit too vigorous in our younger years, 'cause we're just that studly!  big_smile
Now we pay for it with pain. lol

6,763

Re: What pisses you off right now ?

Late Happy Birthday, man!  Why didn't you say something?

6,764

Re: What pisses you off right now ?

^^
I not big in promoting myself besides Movie Nights (and HorrorFest).
Thanks though.  big_smile   Vampy and the parents made the day nice.  Vamps got a Hawaiin ice cream cake.  Oh so yummy!

6,765

Re: What pisses you off right now ?

^^ Happy belated Birthday!!

And if you guys think the big 40 is tough. Try the even bigger 50, my friends. That's what I will be soon, and all the Tylenol or Aleve in the world just don't cut it like it used to.

So, what pisses me off?  I put my Xterra in the shop for new brakes on Monday, and it still isn't ready. I called the dealership today and asked what the hold up was? I was given many excuses, but no exact time table when it would be done.

6,766

Re: What pisses you off right now ?

Thanks UDog. big_smile
A week for breaks?  Man, that some stuff right there.  Luckily I got a good independent shop (CJ's Tires, of all things) that does fast and good work, and since my Malibu is out of warranty, costs the same if I took it to a dealership anyway.

Re: What pisses you off right now ?

^^ See this is why I'm glad I have a husband and a father that know their way around cars.

6,768

Re: What pisses you off right now ?

Yea, I have my own mechanic too. Thing is; when I agreed to buy the vehicle, I noticed the brakes were a bit mushy. I asked if they would put on new brakes (free of charge) and they agreed. So the vehicle's at the dealership, not at my mechanic. Oh well... at least it's the weekend and I get to do some well earned relaxing.

6,769

Re: What pisses you off right now ?

That there are a limitless number of The Avengers DVD and Blu-Ray rips online but not a single one of them includes the director's commentary.

Grr.

6,770

Re: What pisses you off right now ?

Wanna know what grinds my gears? Bullying. I keep seeing commercials, Facebook groups and whatnot about it everywhere and it makes me wonder why people make such a huge deal about it. I was bullied, abused, stalked, and threatened nearly everyday throughout elementary and middle school yet it didn't make me suicidal or cause me to hurt myself. I think that the "stop Bullying" message gets spread around way too much, and I'm sure kids and teenagers know the do's and don'ts of bullying,  the message just gets too repetitive.

/end rant

6,771

Re: What pisses you off right now ?

azathoth wrote:
LoudLon wrote:

  Today I can barely stand up because my back is so fucked up.

It's times like this I wish I wasn't so staunchly against painkillers...

Go see my post over in the "Emotions Today" thread.  I have the same thing going on.  Ibuprofen is working so far, but if doesn't get better in a few days I might need to get the muscle relaxants again.  They knock me out like a Mike Tyson uppercut.  sad

Believe it or not, I do actually need to sleep once in a while, but it's kind of tough when you can't because you back is throbbing.

Hope your back feels better soon.

6,772

Re: What pisses you off right now ?

azathoth wrote:

^^
I not big in promoting myself besides Movie Nights (and HorrorFest).
Thanks though.  big_smile   Vampy and the parents made the day nice.  Vamps got a Hawaiin ice cream cake.  Oh so yummy!

Happy belated Birthday.

6,773

Re: What pisses you off right now ?

God damn medical bills.. I'm fuckin broke as hell right now.

6,774

Re: What pisses you off right now ?

@Ratzo-  Thanks bud!  Back is much better- lots of stretching.  And thanks for the b-day, too.  big_smile

6,775

Re: What pisses you off right now ?

I've f'ing had it with trying to reach out to people and the only g'damn thing i get back is nothing. I try and try to be nice to people and if they need to speak about things i'm always willing to listen but no more i'm at (and past) my breaking point so i'm done with it. I'll still say hello to people but that's about it. I believe that you can learn about how people are but not what they say and do but what they don't say or do. and believe me i've learned alot about people and i don't like what i've learned.