Re: Last Mainstream movie you watched.

LoudLon wrote:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/Animated/PunyGod.gif

big_smile

I like The Avengers more now than I did the first time I watched it.  Not that I didn't like it to begin with, but with repeated viewings I grew to really adore it, especially Tom Hiddleston as Loki.  But from the get-go I loved the Hulk scenes.  He definitely steals the show.

Loki makes that movie for me. The Hulk was good too. Puny god.

Just got back from seeing Looper with some friends and...

it's the best movie of the year for me so far, it's above and beyond any other movie this year. It really is, I loved every second of it. I won't go into detail because everyone should see it for themselves.

Rating: 9.5/10

Watched the amazing Hard Candy in which Ellen Page is just pitch perfect. What an amazing movie. She's freaking crazy. But you have to understand why she does it. I did and approve her totally. 9/10

Yakuza Weapon...brilliant movie with Tak Sakaguchi..

Looper was and forever will be engraved into my memories. Absolutely one of the best movies of the year so far and if not the last 10 years. Easily found its way into my top 5 sci-fi movies and just a great experience watching it. 9.75/10 Go see it!

The Producers (1968).

I love Gene Wilder. This is one of his early-early films, too. 
Just a happy, silly comedy - 7.5/10

The Schrftdufm! (2011?) yeah I don't like this movie... at all.

Grown Ups

The Avengers

I've been watching a lot of HK flicks on Youtube over the last couple days.  Dreaming the Reality (Moon Lee and Yukari Oshima), Royal Tramp 2, Tricky Brains, Magnificent Scoundrels, Sixty Million Dollar Man (all Stephen Chow flicks).  Good stuff.

Premium Rush (2012)

The previews to me caught my interest, so I thought I should check this out and I thought it was a refreshing pace of an action movie. I'm glad to see JGL getting more limelight as an actor and I plan on seeing Looper soon. But yeah, over all it was a pretty good movie.

8/10

The Avengers-- After watching this movie for the second time, I actually liked it more than the first viewing, and that was at the theater. I think the reason for that was because I got to pay more attention (no kids) this time.

Of all the super hero movies I've seen. The Avengers has become my favorite!

They really nailed it in this one. All the heroes characteristics were true to form. The action was dynamite. The Hulk was FINALLY done right.  The script was near perfect as was the directing. I think the first time I rated it I gave it a 8/10? No matter...this time I'm giving it a solid 9/10.

Centurion (2010) - Bloody version of the Spartacus and Gladiator,it looks like the Jason directed this one.Historical + gory,I got to love it :pirate:

10/10

Last edited by flamethrower (2012-10-01 05:35:04)

^^^
Oh H3LL YESSS!!! Centurion is freaking AMAZING. And it's got Olga Kurylenko in it which I just LOOOVE. Like the character she plays. She's badass.

The Creature wrote:

The Producers (1968).

I will always think of him as Willy Wonka. smile

Hotel Transylvania.
4 stars.

Loved The Producers.  Hackman is a comic genius, far as I'm concerned.

And who could forget Gene Hackman's "Condescending Wonka" meme? big_smile
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzazn70rWC1r2t3rpo1_500.png

GONE and it was a freaking blast. Amanda Seyfried which I truely LOVE was fabulous in this. One of her best performances to date. Lots of tension, pursuits, nice camera shots, feeling and woah, what a great story. Liked it a whole lot.
9.5/10
Lost half a point for one of the cops which was just a freaking *sshole and never believed was she was saying which was the truth obviously.

Rocky Balboa, Rocky III, and Rocky IV.  I love those films.

The Keeper 2004 with Denis Hopper and the oh so beautifuly sexy & cute Asia Argento. What a crazy dude Hopper is in this. His points things is nuts. And woah Asia in this 'cause to play against Hopper you really have to be strong and she pulls it off wonderfully. Yep, Asia is so damn good, LOVE the chick.

Titanic!!!

Frankenweenie: A bit of a let down for me. There are parts in the movie when you should have that " feel good" moment. I didn't get those feelings. Some of the funny moments, were not so funny.

On the plus side: I like that it was in black and white.

5.5/10

LoudLon wrote:

Loved The Producers.  Hackman is a comic genius, far as I'm concerned.

Do you mean Wilder? Slightly confused here. haha

hellrat wrote:
The Creature wrote:

The Producers (1968).

I will always think of him as Willy Wonka. smile

Beautiful film. smile

As for my favorite Wilder film, it's a fight between Stir Crazy and Willy Wonka.