Topic: Isle Of Screams

Where I am working is a wooded island with dark paths. Its werewolf themed this year. We have about 6 animation werewolf, dead bodies and a kewl huge spider. Professional werewolf masks. And even a werewolf baby puppet!! It takes 40 mins to wind your screaming way through the attraction. I have worked and been to haunted attractions before, but hands down (or claws) this one is the best. It tops the creepy factor. I am proud to work with all the amazing people, (some of THE best and scariest actors are about 15 years old) They have the cold, creepy pulse perfected to "death"' My scene is huge, it has a manmade tree, inside you can climb up and overlook or crawl out of the tree door below. The lighting is a red light on one side of the path which makes an awesome backlight, meaning you can stand in front of it and no one sees you until they are right up on you then all they see is a shadow with wild hair all backlit by red. the trail goes to a bridge, the entrance is dark and backlit with a green light and when the wind picks up the fog from the next scene, you do NOT want to cross the bridge. My Fellow actress throws a teddy bear out from the dark of the bridge, everyone screeches to a stop and says "what is THAT"??? Then she comes crawling out like the creepy ring girl and even I wanted to pee my pants the first time I saw it. This paralizes the customers and messes with their sense of direction cuz they do not want to pass this creepy crawling gal!!! When she sits up and screams so does everyone else and they bolt across the green fog shrouded bridge with a huge werewolf man springing up from the fog stream. I was cast as tribal, living on the island with the werewolves. I created a crazy woman with blood stained fur and mixed a little Stevie Nicks and Jim Morrison moves as I dance and creep and sway in the moonlight by the huge tree. The people creep huddled into our scene looking around, I laugh a pycho laugh that is loud in the woods and scream BEWARE, THE WOODS ARE EVIL WEREWOLVES, and hop, lurch and shake my rattled at them. I through a Donald Pleasence (From Halloween) accent into what I say and it works really well. I scream other stuff also and have a blast running around and banging on wood and yelling about full moons, howling myself then laughing. God it is so fun:) I wish you all could come through.:)

Re: Isle Of Screams

^^
Oooh, that sounds like fun!  I'm going to try to get out to the Eastern State Penitentiary haunted house this year.

Wow that sounds very cool, and you guys put alot of insane detail in to it! I've always wanted to go to a Psycho/Alfred Hitchcock themed attraction and I've always seen commercials for it but I've never had the chance to go.

There is a three story hospital in Kansas City (someone told me) you sign a waver that lets them touch you it is 100 dollars to go through. If you get to the end they give you your money back.
NO WAY Nope na uh not doing that:)

I'm just gonna look in the mirror and get all the scares I need

That sounds like an absolute blast! 40 minutes of terror - I dig it. Props, Daph!
I remember going through a haunted house attraction when I was 13 or 14. As much i loved horror movies then, I acted like such a little baby throughout that whole thing. lol

On a side note, adding some Jim Morrison to your style is never a bad idea, either.

The Creature wrote:

That sounds like an absolute blast! 40 minutes of terror - I dig it. Props, Daph!
I remember going through a haunted house attraction when I was 13 or 14. As much i loved horror movies then, I acted like such a little baby throughout that whole thing. lol

On a side note, adding some Jim Morrison to your style is never a bad idea, either.

yeah:)