Re: Introduce Yourself

I'm not expecting family this weekend (hopefully no sooner than next week) so I'll be there.

Hello everyone! Matti klutz here, I'm new to this board. I'm just making this post to introduce myself here. Glad to join this community.

Hello Matti, welcome to the asylum.  I am the resident monkey, have a complimentary banana.  big_smile

http://www.nostre.net/TraciesImages/TwinMonkeyWelcome.jpg

Well hi Matti Klutz and hope you enjoy!!!

Welcome Matti !

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u270/Darthchaos76/VARIOUS%20COMMENTS/zombiecom4.gif

Hey everyone, I hadn't seen this thread when I first started posting and made an introductory thread, my bad. If a mod wants they can just delete the thread.

My name's Dan and I am a huge horror movie fan. I have a decent collection of around 200 movies or so. My favourite horror flicks generally come from the 70's and back, but two of my favourite directors, Argento and Cronenberg mostly came into their own in the 80's. I especially have a soft place in my dark heart for black & white horror movies, and even more so for the silent classics.

Other than horror movies I'm and avid metalhead and post on a couple metal forums as well (metal-rules.com, Shadowkingdomrecords.com) under the same handle. I also read voraciously, mostly anything fantastical, horror, fantasy, comics etc... and I post on a sci-fi/fantasy website called sffworld.com as CodanTheCanadian.

Top 13 horror movies in no specific order:

The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920)
Nosferatu (1922)
Night of the Living Dead (1968)
Suspiria
Videodrome
The Brood
The Fly (1986)
The Descent
Wicker Man (1973)
Vampyr
Jacob's Ladder
Hellraiser
The Shining

Greetings Matti & Theli. I only joined about a month agp so from one newbie to another/s (!) Welcome aboard. big_smile

I have been a horror movie fan for about a year now (I know that's not a long time.) and a few of my favorite horror movies are Halloween (1978), A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984), The Evil Dead II and Psycho. (Just to name a few.) I do like finding horror movies that not too many people have heard of like The Prophecy and The Stuff and I find most modern horror movies lackluster.

Welcome Stuff!

Welcome aboard the bloody train Thestuff. Ebjoy your stay!!!

hi, i'm a aircooled vdub/beach/cornwall/peace luvin guy and i love horror. smile
amongst others i like scream,i know what you did last summer,last house on the left,the grudge, wolf creek, too many to mention.
slasher/asian horror/creature features tend to be my fave but also like the 50's B movies and hammer horror.
look  forward to reading some of your recommendations/suggestions. smile

Hello Blue!  Welcome to the asylum, I'm the resident monkey, have a complimentary banana.  If you're looking for recommendations, I would suggest going into the "General Horror Movie Discussion" forum and look around.  There are hundreds of movies listed there, usually with a rating.  Just look around, you'll find all kinds of stuff.

http://www.orangutancreative.co.uk/images/Hello_monkey.jpg

Hey, hey, Wicked.
WH3LLcome home. smile
Now keep your eyes on the pendulun. Enjoy you willEnjoy you wilEnjoy you wilEnjoy you wil... At the count of 3, you'll wake uo and start enjoying this site I'm sure. There's not a movie in those you metionned I don't like. So as I'm having lotsa fun and that I discover a lot of stuff, Enjoy you wil!!! LOL

Last edited by kXnPunk (2012-10-12 05:34:48)

HM is an Accredited Institution of Higher Horror Learning.

^^^
Oh you bet. When do we get our certificates??? lol

Ass kicking new acatar monkey boy man dude. Me loves it.

wkdblue wrote:

hi, i'm a aircooled vdub/beach/cornwall/peace luvin guy and i love horror. smile
amongst others i like scream,i know what you did last summer,last house on the left,the grudge, wolf creek, too many to mention.
slasher/asian horror/creature features tend to be my fave but also like the 50's B movies and hammer horror.
look  forward to reading some of your recommendations/suggestions. smile

Ive been in the mood for some fun 50's B movie horror recently. Ive watched Attack of the 50ft Woman, Tarantula, THEM! and the Beast from 20.00 Fathoms. i bet u have already watched all those already though. What are ur favourites of 50's b movie horror i would be very interested to hear what ones you have watched.

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^

Ive already got my Masters in HM. 6 years of solid study is what it took. It was worth it.

Last edited by Vasquez (2012-10-12 16:36:48)

@Vas- I forget who our 50's expert is.  Someone give me some help?  I'd say Wolfy, but he's been AWOL for a while.

I second Wolfie on the 50s Horror Trivia.  He has been busy watching all the Hammer movies again lately smile

Hey DG, planning on stopping by HFest this year at all?  Friday 26th through Sunday 28th.  New movie every 2 hours for 66 straight hours!  big_smile

I will make sure to stop by!  October is always a crazy month for me smile

I'll be posting a detailed info post sometimes this weekend with all the details.  And it will be so redundant as that last sentence that it will be redundant.

Where am I again?  lol

Vasquez wrote:

Ive been in the mood for some fun 50's B movie horror recently. Ive watched Attack of the 50ft Woman, Tarantula, THEM! and the Beast from 20.00 Fathoms. i bet u have already watched all those already though. What are ur favourites of 50's b movie horror i would be very interested to hear what ones you have watched.

A mixture of "good" and "so bad they're good":

Earth vs the Flying Saucers
The Thing from Another World
Invasion of the Body Snatchers
The Amazing Colossal Man
When Worlds Collide
House of Wax
Forbidden Planet
The Tingler
The Day the Earth Stood Still
The Giant Gila Monster
The Brain from Planet Arous
Robot Monster

Let's see- I know we did Giant Gila Monster one night.
I'd love to do Ro-Man and the Tingler some time.

Vasquez wrote:
kXnPunk wrote:

^^^

Ive already got my Masters in HM. 6 years of solid study is what it took. It was worth it.

Well you deserved it!!!