Topic: Maniac

Sorry if it's been posted.. Is anyone looking forward to the remake of William Lustig's Maniac starring Elijah Wood

Re: Maniac

Why does this sound so bad to me?

Actually, the sneak peak looks pretty good...

http://www.horror-movies.ca/2012/05/ful … ac-remake/

The trailer looks promising, very gritty and 80's looking.

I'd throw my hat in the ring for it. I mean he was creepy in Sin City. Maybe he would make Joe Spinell proud.

I know nothing of this remake and thats the way I like it... I'll never watch it, me sticks with the one and only... I dont need/want to see a deranged hobbit

I've seen a clip of the film, and liked what I saw. As pointed out, Elijah did a great job as the villain in Sin City. So I'm optimistic about this remake. If the movie turns out to be a dud? No biggie! With all the remakes being done over the past few yrs, I've come to realize that; if a remake of a classic movie fails, it makes me that much more appreciative of the original.

Never heard it before.

Gotta admit. I'm semi sold on it by critic reviews. I'm a fan of the original but I would like to see this done.

hell yeah!

I admit when I read it was wood I was doubtful because I'll always see him as frodo baggins but he is an excellent actor. He turned pretty badass in green street. I've not seen all of maniac but I desperately want the remake to do it justice because what I seen is pretty awesome. The remake machine is ploughing it's way through a lot of greats and rarely do they do them right IMHO.

Green Street Hooligans was awesome but I look at Elijah Wood in Sin City and I'm sold right there

Typed out a longish responce only to get asked the pun stop bot Q 11 times before I gave up writing Earth over and over...

Yeah I thought Green Street was ok. I prefered Football Factory (nick love) Elijah Wood is very diverse actor. I remember him in Flipper when I was little and thinking he was the be all and end all haha.

i never capitalize earth or horror for the pun bot thing haha and never a problem

I'll probably end up seeing this, I love Elijah.

I'll wait to see what all you have to say about it before I will even think of it.

Just seen a preview of it. I'm pretty excited. I liked the original and I'm really looking forward to the remake now. Vas the lucky bugger is gonna see it at fright fest.

^
Maybe not. I didn't book a ticket for the particular day it is on. Seeing as i really like the original i am not particularly eager to see the remake. Theres nothing on Saturday in the festival that particularly interests me really except a really good doc on Gore Effects on that day called Nightmare Factory so i will probably get a single ticket for that instead of Maniac.

I'm not a big fan of the original so I don't mind a remake.  Hopefully they'll actually include a point to the flick this time around. lol

Ha, about 2 weeks ago a couple of us were on Skype and someone said "Let's watch Maniac."  Oh man, the ace trousers... the ace trousers....

I'm skeptical as he is a good actor but whether or not he can pull off sleazy like Joe Spinell did so brilliantly remains to be seen.

The original is one of my all time favorite slasher flicks, and I must say, this one looks pretty damn good. I'll definitely be checking it outl

I might go and watch it at Frightfest after all. Walking back late at night in the east end of London on Thursday instead of the Saturday Maniac showing might be a bit dodgy

The original was truly creepy. I think Elijah Wood could pull this off in entertaining fashion.

I love the original well love might be a little to tight but shit how the hell will Elijah dude ever compete with Joe Spinell, come on...