Topic: Prometheus sequel.

Well folks it looks like a sequel to Prometheus is a go.
I enjoyed the first so I'm looking forward to the sequel.
http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=747649

Re: Prometheus sequel.

^^
At least they aren't remaking it!  lol

I loved Prometheus. A visual masterpiece. Too much unjust hate against it. Lookin forward to the sequel.

Prometheus was grand vision that was brought low by horrible one dimensional illogical characters and many looming plot holes. A vain attempt at merging 2001 and Alien, that just didn't work. It looked great though.

Probably gonna skip this one, was never terribly enthused by the Alien series either.

I'll most likely be watching it. I wonder how else they can expand the Alien-mythos so I'd defintely like to see what else they have in store.

I remember reading somewhere saying that the sequel will be released around 2014, I guess even Ridley needs a few years to somehow fill in the plot-holes... lol

Being serious, this was my most hyped movie for 2012 and it just didn't do anything that great. I hated the majority of the characters, these people who're suppose to be really smart act stupid as hell and most of all: the movie itself doesn't even know if it's a prequel to the Alien franchise or not. I literally was waiting for the very, and I mean very last scene to happen for the entire movie, I knew it was coming at some point but that last scene made it a bit better but overall, the movie gave you more questions to think about than it answers for you.

I'm a huge fan of Ridley's work but Promethus overall just wasn't as good as I hoped.

azathoth wrote:

^^
At least they aren't remaking it!  lol

Yet wink

I loved the first one, so I would look forward to a sequel.

I kinda wish they wasn't a need for a sequel, but the way the first was done there almost has to be...

I agree that this was probably the moat anticipated film of the year, for me atleast. So, that being the case I was a bit let down. The story is waaaaaaay to far out, I wish thy woulda kept it more simple. The characters were okay but can't compare to those in the original series. It wasn't terrible though, it was very well made and acted, i still give it a 7/10, I just expected a 9/10 atleast.

Prometheus was my favorite movie of the year...so far