Re: Sons of Anarchy Thread

Whoever it is, I'll have to fight the urge to check back in this thread until the day after it airs.  Like I said, no cable TV right now and I'm having to wait 'til the next day to DL each new episode.

I can do this, dammit.  I can DO this.

Hell, I can't do this. lol

I don't have cable either, Lon. I watch it Wednesday mornings.

HOLY SHIT. can you believe it?????

^^^  I'll let you know in a couple hours, after my download has finished and I've watched it. lol

Crap, I missed it again and still forget to set a DVR.  Sooo angry with myself

@ Lon-actually Juice killed a patched member of SAMCRO. Can't remember his name for the life of me though.

All I have to say about tonight's episode WTF???????????????? Really? So mad, sad, just Grrrrr!

Yeah, I just got finished watching it.  Broke my heart when it happened.  I actually teared up.

Damn this show for being so good and making me care.

Right there with you Lon. No bueno on any level. Don't want to spoil it for anyone. Glad you can feel my pain. sad

I love SoA. I actually didnt think I would when it first came out. Figured it would be cheesey.  I am part of the biker community , my guy is the president of a club, so I can tell you--theyreally did their homework for this show. Although it is drama so there is alot of over the top stuff. but there are some clubs into the things on SoA .  They do a great job of portraying the politics, the brothers loyalty, and how the cluband the lifestyle  can put a strain on some couple's relationships.

Holy shit. I can't believe it. I'm so pissed.

I have to add, I don't care how powerful Pope is, he's just not scary to me at all. I think the casting is all wrong.

^^^ I kind of feel the same way.  Harold Perreneaux (sp) is an excellent actor -- loved him on Oz -- but he just doesn't scream "villain" to me.

Mistress -- SOA creator Kurt Sutter spent a lot of time hanging out with real biker gangs while he was developing the show and one thing he promised them was authenticity.  I've known a biker or two in my day and while the crime aspects of the show are sensationalized (for dramatic purposes, obviously) the brotherly code, the power structure, the stress outlaw biker gangs cause on their loved ones, how women are seen in the context of the club -- that's all spot-on.

Yeah, I think Sutter has done a good job with his research. Happy is a Hell's Angel and it's been confirmed that Rusty Coones will guest star this season. I also loved that they gave Sonny Barger a cameo as Lenny The Pimp.

Was that Happy who got shot in the brothel on last night's episode?  There was a gunshot, then the cops rushed in and one of the Sons was in cuffs, bleeding from the stomach.  I think it was Happy but it didn't really stay on him long enough for me to get a good look.

LoudLon wrote:

^^^ I kind of feel the same way.  Harold Perreneaux (sp) is an excellent actor -- loved him on Oz -- but he just doesn't scream "villain" to me.

Mistress -- SOA creator Kurt Sutter spent a lot of time hanging out with real biker gangs while he was developing the show and one thing he promised them was authenticity.  I've known a biker or two in my day and while the crime aspects of the show are sensationalized (for dramatic purposes, obviously) the brotherly code, the power structure, the stress outlaw biker gangs cause on their loved ones, how women are seen in the context of the club -- that's all spot-on.

so very true Lon

anywhoo im hooked on the show.. im catching up on the last 2  episodes now

Did you see this???

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/27/showbiz/h … topstories

I think the guy playing the pope is doing a good job.

Ms.Gorefiend wrote:

Did you see this???

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/27/showbiz/h … topstories

Jesus Christ.  That poor woman.  Not that it matters when compared to the death of an innocent old lady, but this will certainly stain any viewings I have of the first two seasons of Sons, that's for sure.

An interesting interview with SOA's Kim "Tig" Coates:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7F7-otF … re=related

Incidentally, I was just thinking...with Opie having met his gruesome fate now, that frees actor Ryan Hurst up to do other things.  I'd love to see him show up on that other great FX show Justified...

RIP Half Sack

Ah Shit, you guys I was just ready to call it a night, but after reading the comments I have to watch the next two episodes now! The first episode of the new season was crazy, Tig and his daughter.
Good to hear they are moving ahead with two more seasons as I heard earlier that after this season they were done.
Lon, thanks for spoiler alert.

i'm finally about to play catchup either today or tomorrow on this season and then finally remember to set my DVR...grrr

Interesting insight from Sutter about episode 3. Do not watch this if you haven't seen episode 3 of this season.  http://www.soafanatic.com/2012/09/wtf-s … on-5-ep-3/

Woah! That was some heavy shit they dropped on us. When Jax was explaining to Opie about what Pope wanted I knew right away Opie was the guy. When his death came it was easy for me already knowing.

I'm still not over it. So sad. I understand why Sutter did it, but still sad

Oh Lon that wasn't happy that got shot, but some random dude at the brothel.