Re: Last horror movie you watched?

The Hole(2009)

Check this out if you haven't yet.  Fans of Poltergeist, Gremlins, and basically anything great from the 80s should find pleasure in this film.

BASSI wrote:

Apollo 18 (2011)

I liked it a bit more for the complete solitude, no help at all atmosphere.  Especially since I had previously read about possible missing cosmonauts (Wiki link).  Nice camera work, chilling ending.

I'd go 7/10, but I'm a space buff so, <shrugs>.

I just finished watching The Tall Man..

Now when the movie first started with the suspicious townspeople I though this is going to be shit.. But that was only a piece of the puzzle..

When the BIG reveal was made I really liked the movie. Especially the very last scene with the narration.. I have to be honest and say I cried at the end.. I'm just really close with my family and something about that hit home.. Somewhere I didn't expect the movie to go.

Now the scene where she is in the jail talking got VERY heavy handed and was my least favorite part of the film. It was way to preachy I think they should have kept it more vague. But I really liked the film. I didn't think it was going to be very good but man..

Sound of my Voice (2011) 3.5/5.

Chained (2012) 3.5/5.

House of Voices 3.5/5.

Tormented (2009) 3.5/5.

Elfie Hopkins (2012) 3/5.

Children of the Corn

Children of the Corn III: Urban Harvest

Just finished watch Manhattan Baby for the first time. Pretty entertaining movie, I sense some influence from the Exorcist, but done Fulci style. Less extreme gross out compared to some of his other movies, but still relatively gory.

The Tall Man (2012) - 5/10

Last edited by flamethrower (2012-10-02 06:06:54)

I saw the Antichrist (2009) last night, really surreal movie, it the start of movie was really well shot, with the slow motions and music makes that scene even more affecting.

The whole movie was really well made. This movie wasn't really horror movie but more of drama, with some really good chilling scenes in the some parts.

The acting was really good and the whole movie was great watch! .

The Tall Man-- Didn't much care for this movie, but did have good atmosphere.
5/10

Student Bodies. I laughed so hard at the meowing dog.

Junkyard Dog... This flick was garbage.. I started watching because I heard it had a Halloween vibe.. Don't watch it.

Lovely Molly - This wasn't too bad.. It was really good in the beginning but it started to get weird.. Like most of the time I don't like to be told exactly what happened but in this film I kind of wanted to know. They just kind of gave you a possible way. Otherwise a solid flick.

Book of Blood (2009) 

This movie for me,  I like bloody death near the start of the movie after that I i just could get into first part of the movie.

I stuck with it and the second part of the movie were i really go into the movie, i found it a lot more enjoyable.

There were some really good ghost scenes in movie but nothing that really scare you or creepy out.

I have mixed feeling about this movie.

The Tripper

Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky (1991) - After his girlfriend commits suicide, Ricky kills her dealer and finds himself in prison where the prisoners have no rights and are constantly abused.  Pretty damn silly, but entertaining none the less.  2.5/5.

^You make the movie sound so rational. It's absolutely hilarious. It's essentially communist propaganda with over the top violence.

I just finisahed watching The Body Snatcher for the first time. It's a Val Lewton production featuring Boris Karloff as the body snatcher. This is a great movie with very creepy atmosphere and superb acting. The first murder, though shrouded in darkness,  is absolutely chilling. The chemistry between characters and actors is perfect, and results in many power struggles between Dr. Macfarlane, his assistant Fettes and John Gray the body snatcher. Even Bela Lugosi shows up as a minor character, a servant of the doctor who hears too much. Overall a very entertaining and well executed movie.

Last edited by Theli (2012-10-02 15:55:47)

^
Ah. I love me some Karloff and Lugosi. Ill make sure to check this one out soon.

Haunted Honeymoon (1986) - 6.5/10

I love Gene Wilder, but meh. This was a pretty dumb movie. Funny in parts, though!

Dead Girl 2008 - I'm a huge Martyrs fan, so when I read on different blogs that Dead Girl was on par with it, I couldn't wait to watch it. Son, I was disappoint.      3.5/10

Machine Head (2000) - What a piece of art, seriously. The bad acting, the horrible cinematography, the hilariously cheesy plot and the fact that the school students all look like they are in their late 30's, it's brilliant, honestly.  8/10   Props to the main character, he's up there with Ash and Arnold.

^^^
Yeah I agree, Dead Girl was so damn bad. The only thing I liked about this movie is when he drills a hole in her belly to fuck her.

GIRLS GONE DEAD
Was waiting for this one and man, I wasn't disapointed at all. Boobs and blood, can't go wrong. I liked the old slasher kinda style and there was some hilarious moments. H3LL that dude Beetlejuice is freaking funny as mad!!! Cool acting, cool story, cool weapon for the killer. Yep, enjoyed it very much. Was worth waiting for. 8/10

The Tunnel (2011) - 6.5/10

The Shining (1997 miniseries) - Much closer to the book but drags in parts. I liked that the importance of alcoholism as it related to the story was very present in this version. That's something Kubrick's film lacks. Seeing the book on screen, even though the acting left a little to be desired, was like being given a glimpse into King's life. 6/10

Drag Me To Hell (2009)... One thing I have to say first before reviewing this... never... EVER! Watch this film alone. Or in a hotel room with lights on and with your grandma sleeping and watching the film alone...

This movie is honestly one of the greatest, scariest and most creepy acted modern horror film ever made. Sam Raimi managed to combine both Psychological/Drama Horror and Supernatural Horror in this ultra creepy PG-13 film about a young woman cursed by an old woman.

The storyline was very original and the whole Lamia thing was just plain creepy I mean this is pure horror guys!!! One of the most saddest, most suspenful and most terrifying film I've watched in midnight (even thou I'm not alone and the lights were on.)

This film is absolutely NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED THING PEOPLE OR WHATEVER THEY ARE CALLED I DON'T CARE!...

On how original and well made this film is after resting for horror flick sometimes Sam Raimi create the ultimate nightmare which keeps me awaken and read like 5 chapters of Christine before falling asleep. I give this movie a 9.3/10

Grave Encounters 2 (2012)

I am half hour into this movie, I wasn't really big fan of first movie, i did see ut twice, it did not work for me, this one is much worse, i still watching, while i am typing this, that how bored I am at the moment.

Also there are putting to many funny scenes, which are not funny like seeing farts in some camera colour.

Last edited by BASSI (2012-10-03 10:49:19)

BASSI wrote:

Grave Encounters 2 (2012)

I am half hour into this movie, I wasn't really big fan of first movie, i did see ut twice, it did not work for me, this one is much worse, i still watching, while i am typing this, that how bored I am at the moment.

Also there are putting to many funny scenes, which are not funny like seeing farts in some camera colour.

I am so looking forward to Grave Encounters 2.I am big fan of the 1st part...As I can see you are not the fan of found footage movies and you don't get the point of it.Maybe looking boring to you in the first 20-30 minutes,but then bang ! Total contrast. The best horror in 2011 imo.

Last edited by flamethrower (2012-10-03 11:25:23)