Topic: Do you still buy horror movies for VHS?

I still do. Even if its something like The Howling, I'd still buy the old VHS tape of it. Gotta love the old VHS front cover artwork for some horror movies and whatever else.

Plus some horror movies are better off in VHS since there are a few of horror movies on VHS that are uncut and unrated like Hellraiser 2 and Nightmare on Elm Street 5.

Even Town that Dreaded Sundown is still in VHS form

Re: Do you still buy horror movies for VHS?

I do, but usually only if it's an old release -- old, as in original print.  Big Plastic Boxes are what I'm always on the lookout for, though lately the purse strings don't have quite as much give as they used to. lol

Yep I look out for the ones that aren't on DVD. But otherwise no I don't buy VHS.

No, not since I gave away our VHS player to a 5 yr old kid who's family couldn't afford a dvd player. I only gave away our Disney and family movies though, and kept all my horror ones.

I have VHS player , i still do watch horror movies that brought VHS,
It's only this year, were have stopped recording movies from TV!

I think I have recorded over 400 movies from TV!
Shame i can not do that anymore!

I bought Evil Dead 2 and Psycho (William H. Macy version) 2 days ago.

I picked up City of the Living Dead, Graveyard shift 2, and The Entity last weekend.  big_smile 

I really only buy the ones I can't find on DVD

I have resorted to buying/reselling to support myself now, so anything on VHS that is worthy is snatched up and sold at a fair price.

I buy horror on VHS all the time. About 1/4 of my collection is VHS.

The stuff is cheap, and you can usually find them a buck a flick at most pawn shops. May not be as good as the DVD quality, but I'll settle. I love tapes.

@UnderDog- You never cease to amaze me with your awesomeness.

I haven't owned a VCR in probably 10 years

I have two, both were given to me by relatives smile

DirtyGirl wrote:

I picked up City of the Living Dead, Graveyard shift 2, and The Entity last weekend.  big_smile 

I really only buy the ones I can't find on DVD

Ooooh I would love to find a copy of the entity around. I have been scouring pawn shops for rare films lately but so far nothing.

I don't have a VHS player but I collect VHS horror for the cover art. Found Braindead for 50c a while back big_smile

Some of the art featured on the VHS covers alone are what make them worth buying.
I have a neat copy of Night of the Living Dead on VHS, released on...Old Time Classics...something like that. Just wish it was one of the hard cases.

Sometime I'll have to go back to that thrift store and buy some more old VHS tapes. I swear horror movies VHS tapes had the best scary artwork on the front cover.

But also I see tons of James Bond movies for VHS at the store also. They're so dull and boring to look at especially the Die Another Day VHS front cover.

God I wish I had The Howling II for VHS right now along with Once Bitten

My local record swap has the whole Nightmare on Elm St VHS set for like 15 bucks.  The Box set.  Looks so fucking cool I almost bought it without having a VHS player.

Haven't owned a VCR in a while and I only have some VHS tapes lying around from when I was younger. Won't ever collect 'em, too bulky.