Re: What R U Reading?

War of The Worlds.

A Lost Boy wrote:

War of The Worlds.

Great book. Wells is a great writer. 'The Time Machine' was also very good.
His 'Invisible Man' I have yet to finish from a year ago, however.

Finished Catching Fire now reading MockingJay

Im reading Dark Sides book on the video nasties 'Seduction of the Gullible'. A good critical account and record of the media and societal response to the whole scandal with regular excerpts of tabloid headlines , the most famous of which was probably 'BURN YOUR VIDEO NASTIES'. I bought it at Frightfest so i got it signed by Andy Ryman who shared his views on the issue in the documentary 'Video Nasties: Moral Panic, Censorship and Videotape big_smile. Plus i got a free copy of the novel Ash and The Last Werewolf.

Last edited by Vasquez (2012-08-31 10:19:21)

The Creature wrote:
A Lost Boy wrote:

War of The Worlds.

Great book. Wells is a great writer. 'The Time Machine' was also very good.
His 'Invisible Man' I have yet to finish from a year ago, however.

I didn't got the chance to finish The Time Machine though. I read it at the end of my 7th grade and I was nearly at the end. ****!

^^ ****!  Your a fast learner, Lost Boy.  Lon, is always watching! big_smile

Wolverine: Goes to hell

Rules Of Prey

Ideas & Opinions by Albert Einstein

Hopefully this collection of his letters and essays will help me get a closer look at the mind of a great scientist and a great man.

Last edited by The Creature (2012-09-10 19:51:12)

Power Of The Dog

Taking a break from horror and reading smut this week.

street lawyer by John Grisham for school

Just finished Anatomy of Evil by Michael Stone and now back to finishing the complete Marquis de Sade...at 120 days of Sodom.

Just bought Arnold Schwarzenegger's autobiography, Total Recall.  Gonna start reading that right now.  Started another book by Vince Flynn I believe his name is.  It's an action series involving CIA and coverups.

Game of Thrones...still.
I get distracted. And I'm trying to catch up on tv shows and movies.

Just started the 1st book in Peter Hamilton's Void series.

The Wettest County in the World.  Finishing up Maquis de Sade.  Looking to start something new by the end of the week..not sure just what yet.

Finished up my reading of Surfing Through Hyperspace by Clifford A. Pickover.

It's not bad. Pretty entertaining & fun, but it may seem a bit rehashed to a researcher already knowledgeable of Flatland & hyper-dimensional phenomena.

The Thing by Alan Dean Foster for the like 6th time already.

Just picked up Terence Mckenna's Food of the Gods: The Search For The Original Tree of Knowledge.

I'm only through the introduction/1st chapter so far, but I can tell this is going to an be excellent read. Terence has mad writing style. However weird or bizarre his theories on hallucinogens/hyperspace/Timewave Zero may be - ya gotta give it up to the man. His work is fascinating and his rants/lectures are inspired and sincere.

Last edited by The Creature (2012-11-02 20:37:18)

Floating downstream....Reading Leary's The Psychedelic Experience alongside The Electric Cool-aid Acid Test as a companion..

I'm reacquainting myself with some of HP Lovecraft's earlier works.

Getting back over my favorite comic books of all times, the extraordinary SKY-DOLL which is not only so well drawn but also has an incredibly cool story.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_Doll

JackBurton wrote:

Floating downstream....Reading Leary's The Psychedelic Experience alongside The Electric Cool-aid Acid Test as a companion..

That's some good hippie literature right there, JB. lol

I've read The Psychedelic Experience. Honestly, I can't remember very much about it, but I remember it being interesting at least. The Tibetan Buddhists' book, Bardo Thodol, is fascinating enough...connecting that text to the LSD Experience is even more wild and captivating.

I haven't read The Electric Cool-aid Acid Test, but it's on my list.

...Now currently reading 'Real Alchemy: A Primer of Practical Alchemy' by Robert Allen Bartlett.

I put 'Game of Thrones' on hold. Page 730 out of 1200 on my iPad. Need to give it a break.
Read 'Passion' by Lauren Kate.
Currently reading some Japanese literature. 'Grotesque' by Natsuo Kirino

I'm reading one of my all times favorite classics along with Le Petit Prince, THE ALCHEMIST by Paulo Coelo. Truely amzingly great story.