Re: What was your saddest Character death in a Horror movie?

I found a huge lack of sympathy for the characters in Carrie apart from Carrie really. I really don't warm to bullies though.

Of the ones mentioned so far, the only ones I felt much sympathy for was Ben's death in NotLD. The little boy in the Orphanage was disturbing and sad too. Jacob's Ladder was sad, but came with a sort of acceptance, a truly moving movie.

Also in Frankenstein '32 the scene where the Monster throws the little girl into the pond is tragic. Not just for the characters death, but needlessness of the accidental death, which leads to the ultimate destruction of the abused and misunderstood monster, perhaps even more tragic than the young girls own demise.

Same could be said for the Wolfman '41. You can't fault Chaney's character for anything that's happened, and he's generally a good guy, but you know his death is inevitable. And it's tragic nonetheless

Well in one of the alternate endings in The Butterfly Effect Evan Treborn (the main character) alters the past and prevents his birth from ever happening and I just found the whole scenario to be sad because he pretty much wanted this to happen. I'd go on about the whole time travel thing but it's just too complex for me but nonetheless for an alternate ending I thought it was a shock.

Tripod wrote:

Well in one of the alternate endings in The Butterfly Effect Evan Treborn (the main character) alters the past and prevents his birth from ever happening and I just found the whole scenario to be sad because he pretty much wanted this to happen. I'd go on about the whole time travel thing but it's just too complex for me but nonetheless for an alternate ending I thought it was a shock.

The problem with that ending and most time travel type flicks is the constant problem of the paradox, or the infinite multiverse theory, either way you can't really go back in time to change anything.

Still for the emotional impact it was kind of impressive.

Jamie Kennedy in Scream 2. Felt like I'd lost a family member tongue