Topic: Old School Movie

I am looking for an old school movie.I thoguht it was called horror movie or scarry movie..It is the predesser of nightmare on elm street.Its about a guy on death row..but doesnt really die in the electric chair and well lets just say hes just like in your dreams guy from elm street..Need help to find it..Must be from the 70's or early 80's...any help would be wicked!!

Re: Old School Movie

It's called "The Horror Show," (1989) starring Lance Henriksen and late, great character actor Brion James.  Decent flick, but don't bother with the cut version.  Unrated's the way to go on this one.  Confusingly, it's also known as House 3, even though it has nothing to do with either House (1986) or House 2 (1987).

More info here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097527/

Yeah, as Lon has already proffered you're almost definitely thinking of House 3. I use that title as that is its name here in Englaned, even though it's totally unrelated to the House films. The only other suggestion I could give is that you may be confusing House 3 with Shocker, which bears simillarities but I'm pretty certain that Loudlon has solved this for you.

Should be easy to tell the difference-
House 3 had Lance Hendrikson (from Knights, lol )
Shocker had Mitch Pillegi (from the X-Files)

^
Oh YOU!
Yeah but House 3 also starred Lawrence Tierney from that Tarantino flick about a heist gone belly-up where everyone was called mr colour something and they all shoot each other and Shocker starred Heather Langenkamp who was in that film about a skinny chap with a snazzy jumper and finger-knives who drags mothers through 4 inch wide front door windows so the two films are inextricibly linked! lol

I haven't seen Horror Show in many years.  This thread reminded me I've been meaning to check it out again, so I DL'ed it last night and will be watching it this weekend.  I remember it being a solid horror flick; maybe not the best thing since sliced bread but better than a lot of crap passing for horror at the time (and even today).

Incidentally, I'm still trying to figure out how the OP came to believe The Horror Show was a precursor to Elm Street.  The script for ANOES had been kicking around since the late 70s, easily a good 6-7 years at least, before New Line finally made a deal with Craven for it.  So Nightmare pretty much precursed itself. lol

The whole "precursor to Elm Street" thing was why I threw Shocker out there, just in case the OP was thinking of a botched electric chair execution film specifically by Wes Craven. In which case, I'm right, and you sir, are...

WRONG!!! lol

^^
You just went into a, let us say, dangerous area. 

I'm going to hide for a while.

Also, I just listed the top 2 guys in the films, since they are so recognizable.

Fulcento wrote:

The whole "precursor to Elm Street" thing was why I threw Shocker out there, just in case the OP was thinking of a botched electric chair execution film specifically by Wes Craven. In which case, I'm right, and you sir, are...

WRONG!!! lol

True, but the chances of that being so are roughly equal to the chances of the average duck-billed platypus suddenly being able to out-arithmetic a Japanese teenager.

Which is to say, not much of a chance at all. big_smile

In all seriousness, though, it could have been either/or but then the OP mentioned he thought it was called "horror movie" or "scary movie" so that pretty well narrowed it down.

^^
Dang, and the whole time I thought it was this film.  Bummer.

Fulcento wrote:

May I ask -

You most certainly may not.  You may, however, inquire.

For more fun tricks click on the "BBCode" button at the bottom of the page.  But for urls, here you go-

Type [url=http://www.horror-movies.ca]This is an awesome site![/url]
The "This is an awesome site" will be an underlined red link.

Such as, This is an awesome site!

Last edited by azathoth (2012-10-04 16:04:27)

Where is the OP to solve this?  I was thinking Shocker as well, and you know, we are just a few days removed from...

On October 2nd, mass murderer Horace Pinker was put to death.  Now he's really mad.

Oh, SON OF A BITCH. 

Fulcento -- my apologies.  I meant to quote your question above, not edit it.  Completely my mistake, and I feel like an idiot because of it.

Jesus, Lon...fuck up much? hmm

^^
Don't worry, you were channeling your inner monkey.  tongue

Those damn edit and quote buttons are so close together, and I was so tired... lol

LoudLon wrote:

I haven't seen Horror Show in many years.  This thread reminded me I've been meaning to check it out again, so I DL'ed it last night and will be watching it this weekend.  I remember it being a solid horror flick; maybe not the best thing since sliced bread but better than a lot of crap passing for horror at the time (and even today).

And boy was I wrong.  I just finished watching it and all I can say is my taste at age 17 was apparently in my ass.  Wow, what a bad movie!  Horrible continuity, ripe acting, missing sound effects, a shower scene where a girl is obviously wearing a top, a two story fall where the corner of the fall pad flips up into screen on impact, the slowest fall down a set of stairs that I've ever seen, massive, missing gaps in story and Brion James over-acting so shamelessly I'm amazed he didn't win a Razzie.

The only good points: an appearance by Terry Fitzgerald (though his brief performance here is a far, far cry from his superior work in Day of the Dead -- note: he was the black guy) and Lewis Arquette (father of David, Roseanne, Patricia and Alexis).  Oh, and the nerdy guy from Rip Tide, though his is a thankless role.

Jeez.  Now I can't sleep, because it's awfulness has jolted me awake. lol

LoudLon wrote:

Those damn edit and quote buttons are so close together, and I was so tired... lol

Can I have the power to edit others posts please. I promise I won't abuse it and make every post seem really random, like. for eg - make it seem like everyone is  chatting about fish stocks in Lithuania. Wow, I'd love an universal edit function, but remember Lon, with great editing power comes great editing responsibility and editing power currupts and absolute editing power corrupts editing absolutely. Now please entrust me with the power to edit other's posts. I will not abuse it, cross my heart and hope to die, stick a needle in my eye pinky promise!!!
Yeah, right! big_smile

Last edited by Fulcento (2012-10-05 14:18:41)

^^
Fulci (hey, new nickname!)-
They won't even let me be a mod, and I'm the only one with a monkey horde here!  (On the other hand, they are quite right in not letting me be a mod as I would everyone and be king of the very lonely board.  And I'm 80% insane.)

^^^ This still baffles me.  Azzie's WAY more responisble than I am. lol

Fulcento -- it's simple to edit anyone's posts.  All you have to do is become a mod.  Like me. big_smile

LoudLon wrote:

^^^ This still baffles me.  Azzie's WAY more responisble than I am. lol

Fulcento -- it's simple to edit anyone's posts.  All you have to do is become a mod.  Like me. big_smile

I am a mod, I listen to Paul Weller and I've seen Quadrophenia 5 times! I even ride a vespa now bestow on me the power to change everyones msgs to mad comments about Scandinavian wallpaper trends!!!I'd make a damn fine moderator and I would NEVER abuse my position!!! Swear down! lol

^^
He meant a moderator, not some crazy British person who has bizarre fetishes.  We have enough of them already, tongue .

Heck between Wolfy, Howdy, Puppymonster, UV, HQ... oh, forget it.  And don't get me started on the Aussies...  lol

azathoth wrote:

^^
Fulci (hey, new nickname!)-
They won't even let me be a mod, and I'm the only one with a monkey horde here!  (On the other hand, they are quite right in not letting me be a mod as I would everyone and be king of the very lonely board.  And I'm 80% insane.)

A monkey with too much power is scary , liable to give the finger to everyone. lol

http://gifsoup.com/view/101170/ape-o.gif

^^
This annoys me so much.  I've seen the movie and I can't remember the title.  I'm also so tired with talking to Lon for 4 hours I can't be bothered to try and search for.

Please be kind and remind me of the title.

That would be the korean rip-off version of King Kong - A*P*E.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/bf/APE_Korean_poster.jpg/432px-APE_Korean_poster.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/eb/Apeus.jpg

Aoparently goes by other title names like "Attack of the Giant Horny Gorilla" lol and "Hideous Mutant".

Last edited by fmvgamer (2012-10-06 06:38:14)