Topic: What Movie/TV Show Would You Like to See Made into a Video Game?

The video game - to - film thread got me thinking of this.

Doesn't have to be horror, but what movie or tv show do you think would make a cool game?  How would you have it done?

Burn Notice -- I can see this excellent TV show as a Grand Theft Auto-type video game.  Burned spy Michael Westen pulls odd jobs for people in need while trying to find out who burned him, why he was burned, and how to get his old job and life back.

Psych -- this could be done like the very good Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper game.  You're Shawn Spencer, raised by a cop father to by hyper observant with genius-level deductive reasoning.  And you're also a smart ass. With the help of your best buddy and straight man Gus, you,  the gamer, have to uncover unnoticeable clues, and link them together to find the culprit.  Suffice to say, there would have to be a pineapple involved in every case.

Friday the 13th -- Unlike the really shitty NES game from back in the day (which I still have, incidentally), and despite it being based on a -- let's face it -- cheesy movie series, this has potential to be a very cool, splattery, creepy game.  You're Jason Voorhees, a super strong mongoloid with one single objective -- to punish those who killed your mother.  A crime which you, in your own "retarded Hulk" way, basically attribute to anybody who falls into your direct line of sight.  This game could be the next Manhunt as you are given a wide variety of methods to execute your victims.  But you have to be quiet and cunning -- if you give yourself away or if the victim's "fright meter" gets too high, they get away -- and you lose.  Of course this kind of gaming platform would also lend itself quite well to a "Halloween" game.

Gran Torino -- You're Walt, a mean, unneighborly Korean War veteran who hates anything not white or American.  Until you make reluctant friends with the Hmongs next door, then decide to take action when they're victimized by a local gang.  Your goal in the game is to rid the neighborhood of the gang, Death Wish style, while tooling around in your mint Gran Torino.

The Fog -- you're Stevie Wayne, DJ and weather reporter for a small, oceanside village.  You notice an unnatural fog creeping in that doesn't appear on the radar.  You call your buddy at the radar station and hear him murdered over the phone.  You take action and investigate his murder, only to find others in town are being killed in various grizzly ways, as well.  You probe deeper and deeper, until you discover the true secret of the fog, and what it's going to take to stop it.  Like the movie, this game could work on atmosphere alone.  I'm thinking a Silent Hill kind of approach; a misty, haunting town, but instead of ghostly apes and other animals lingering in the mist, it's leperous ghosts, and they want YOU.

Silly fellow that I am I think of this kind of crap all the time.  I watch a movie I like and it just happens: "I wonder what kind of video game this would make?"

How about you?

Last edited by LoudLon (2011-01-10 17:16:19)

Re: What Movie/TV Show Would You Like to See Made into a Video Game?

Kill Bill, Planet Terror,Evil Dead  and the grand finale:

.......... GLEE

Right on.  Now how would you have them done?

I can see Planet Terror done along the lines of Left 4 Dead.  Playing as Cherry, every safe room provides a new, more powerful gun for you to strap onto your leg stump. lol

Kill Bill would just be your full on kill all the baddies at each location with a boss showdown at the end of each level. Might not be a gaming masterpiece but would be good fun.

Think you got the right idea for Planet Terror.

The evil Dead game would be serious based on the first film but due to it being a single location I think it would have to be an xbox arcade game, no reason for this not being a good game even so. As for The Army Of Darkness game they could really go wild with that with a full game of deadite ass kicking action.

Whilei'm in the train of thought I would love a Dead Alive a.k.a brain dead game. This would be like dead rising. You would have to complete challenges i.e. stopping your zombie mother from eating people etc. whilst at  the same time killing zombies she created in ever increasingly inventive and gory ways. Obviously the big boss at the end would be your mother.

I would love to see a CowBoy Bebop live action film but not if its going to star Neo...lol

Human centipede or Antichrist for the Wii

Zombieland as a GTA style shoot-em-up or a straight forward FPS

Awesome...I'm glad I'm not the only one who sits around and think of this stuff lol But just about everything I think of is an open environment (GTA) style of game, I would love for there to be a GTA style zombie game where you just roam the vast wasteland and explore killing zombies along the way. Ofcourse all the while working toward your main objective and rescuing survivors and other various missions along the way.

I've actually thought about a Friday the 13th game also, but my version played kinda like the Hitman games. Basically in each "mission" you would have a certain person or persons you was trying to kill and there would be multiple ways to go about it. You go the stealthy/sneaky route or just bust in swinging the weapon of your choice.

Last edited by ChainSaW80 (2011-01-10 18:34:56)

The Walking Dead: Your able to play as any of the main characters and have to interact w/other members of your group in decision making on where to go, whether to separate or stay together, and who has weapons. While having to defend yourself & your group against other surviving groups of non zombies, and random zombie attacks, in your quest for survival.

...Also in the areas you choose to go there are stores with food, medicines, guns/ammo. Of course there are risks you take in doing so. The stores may or may not have zombies or may not have any supplies to help? You can meet up with others survivors and choose to take them into your group or not. Some of these survivors may turn against you and some may help the group...ie... a doctor, nurse, good fighter, S.W.A.T team member, military, etc...

Just thought of another one. Phantasm would make an awesome open world game, and there would be customizable weapons of-course (quadrouple barrel shotgun anyone?) and you would cruise from one small town to the next in your black Hemi powered Baracuda!

I want a really decent Terminator 2 game. Anyone one remember the Terminator 2 game on the Sega Mega Drive, I think it was called Sega Genesis in the States. Anyway it was awesome you could walk around and shoot and even had the chance to ride on his motorbike! It was so awesome, I want that redone.

Also the Terminator 2 arcade game was sweet, would love to see that one get a make-over.

Also Robocop, used to have that badboy on the Commodore 64, it was badass! They should totally revamp these games. This is what I want, if anyone here would like to make them for me I'd be happy to pay big_smile

A video game version of The Dark Knight or for that matter The Dark Knight Rises. I think they could incorporate alot of things Nolan probably couldn't  such as villains like Black Mask, Hush, and The Penguin but then again we have Arkham Asylum and the upcoming Arkham City.

I guess yall zombie voters havent heard of Dead Rising 1 & 2 (XBOX 360 only) its awesomely fun

I'd like a Halloween game. Kinda tie all the movies together into different missions

Ooh, and a Super 8 game! We've had 1 unsuccessful ET game, but we could get a better alien game if a Super 8 one is made.

And 17 TTs to Tripod for not being bipedal!

Deth_Banger wrote:

I want a really decent Terminator 2 game. Anyone one remember the Terminator 2 game on the Sega Mega Drive, I think it was called Sega Genesis in the States. Anyway it was awesome you could walk around and shoot and even had the chance to ride on his motorbike! It was so awesome, I want that redone.

Also the Terminator 2 arcade game was sweet, would love to see that one get a make-over.

Also Robocop, used to have that badboy on the Commodore 64, it was badass! They should totally revamp these games. This is what I want, if anyone here would like to make them for me I'd be happy to pay big_smile

Deth Banger get's 216 TT's because he's so bad ass!!

300 TTs to -Z- for the hell of it!

I think Pan's Labyrinth would be a fun ass game (: just turn it English speaking instead. Like you start out as Ofella and after you do a mission or two, switch over to the good maid (can't remember her name) and have to sneak around to help the resistance and then back to ofella and do her creepy book missions. [:

^^^
Hmm, I have this weird vision of your idea in a Lego's Star Wars game format, where you can switch between characters on the fly.  Lose the Lego part, of course.

the twilight zone... it would be sickkkkk

Sleepaway Camp video game. It would be like the Friday the 13th game you guys mentioned, just with Angela Baker. Also, I have been working on an rpg Sleepaway Camp game. Not sure if anyone is interested. I can post the download link of what I have so far. It's pretty bad ass.

Shaun of the Dead and the Dead Trilogy. Probably also a game called: Stephen King's Nightmares. Jacob's Ladder would be pretty scary since it was an inspiration for Silent Hill.
Phenomena got a weird  inspiration that looks like a real game for it. Suspiria would be nice. I like having a The Lost Boys one.

Last edited by A Lost Boy (2012-08-09 04:38:43)

I would love to see Ghost Whisperer tv show as a video game. Its not a scary tv shows its a supernatural show and I love this show very much.

Watch CSI Miami Episodes Online , Watch CSI NY Episodes Online

Any slasher would make a fun video game.  Like roaming Camp Crystal Lake AS Jason and using strategy to kill the counselors.  Would be so much fun.