Re: HorrorFest 2012 movies picked! Now with more information!!!

Aw, man, that schedule sucks!

But not really.  I'm quite pleased with this year's line-up and am really looking forward to it. smile

^^
Everyone point at the funny man and laugh.  tongue
(Plus, he helped, lol )

But I did get the Euros' movies into time slots for early evening on Sunday, I tried to make the prime time movies conversation friendly, and the post-midnight movies more off-the-wall type stuff.  The middle of the day stuff I tried to cram everyones' stuff into in a semi-coherent way. 

Also notice I moved up the start time on Friday, since we added a few movies and it was running til noon Monday before.  Oddly enough, HFest this year runs 66 hours, which I find kind of appropriate.  But then I find flinging poo appropriate, so your mileage may vary.  big_smile

We did well on not repeating movies from last year (excluding the Halloweens- there is no way you have a Halloween Fest without Halloween!), just Devil's Rejects and Night of the Creeps.  So lots of new movies for people to enjoy.

The next step is for me to start checking YouTube and Netflix for availability.  I'm not sure if I can look at Lovefilm (UK site), so I may need some help there. 

I can't condone pirating, so don't post any torrent links, or other sites that could count as copyright infringement.  I don't know what the legality of sites like Solar are, so... got me.  But play it on the safe side, we don't want HM shut down by the MPAA.

-Azzy

Great to see Wrong Turn in there! Thank you guys smile

^^
I try to please as many people as possible.  Garden is still mad at me for not putting Barricade in.  lol  I had to even dump some of Lon's movies, and he then threatened to shave my monkeys (with a lawnmower).  Hopefully most people have off work that weekend so they can lounge around.  Personally I'm looking forward to the 6PM to 4AM movies since I put conversation-friendly movies in prime time and the weird stuff after midnight, and I like the weird stuff, big_smile .

Garden would never be mad at you!!!  I can just as easy watch Barricade on my own and brag/vent about it!

Ok, ghouls and gals, I have updated the schedule sheet to include IMDB links, YouTube links, and Netflix & Lovefilm information. 

It seems YouTube is increasing the number of pay videos (as you can see).  I only included steaming Netflix since that is all I get, and it's a pain for me to search the mail stuff.  I don't know anything about Lovefilm, so I just search for titles, streaming or mall.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc … Kanc#gid=0

If you do find YouTube links to movies I couldn't find PM me or post them here.  Remember, no torrent or similar sites postings.

Last edited by azathoth (2012-10-04 06:01:49)

The Monkey does good work. You can also try http://stagevu.com/  It's a streaming site with quite a few movies. Just use the search feature.

^^
Thank you!

I'll put up a column for sites that seem legit.  StageVu has an anti-piracy statement on their front page, so I'll leave it on the spreadsheet for now.

good job love! unfortunately I wont get to attend this year i will be in a different state sad

Azzy is one of the best!

@Vengey- I'm sorry!  That stinks.

I'll second StagVu.com  I've gotten a number of flicks from there since discovering it about a year or so ago.  I can tell you, for instance, that every single movie on the UK's Video Nasties list is available there.  You can also download movies from there for free, though they're not always the best quality.  Hey, sometimes you get what you pay for. lol

^^
If you have any others that are playing straight, meaning they'll respect any DMCA/MPAA notices, let me know.  I'm sure there are more out there that might cover some of our films legally, but at this point I'm kinda burned out finding out where stuff can be found legally.

I was actually planning on doing that, looking for places where folks can DL movies on the H-fest schedule now, while there are still a couple weeks before the event.  I'll go down the list and scour around later tonight.

^^
And the fun part will be when people show up and ask, "So what are we watching."
And then I face-palm the sun, if that is even possible. (Ah, hell, I'll figure it out)  big_smile

It looks like a good time to bump this.  Take a look (if you care, below), and if you have any serious suggestions about changing the schedule, let me know by PM or here.  After this weekend, it will be locked down.  Why, you ask?  Because it's only 3 weeks away so people can get an idea what's going on.  And also because if in 3 weeks someone asks me what are we watching I will punch them in the face through my monitor (yes, I can do that). tongue

The serious reason is that people that haven't done the Skype thing before and want to participate really need to at least register and contact me-
azathoth1945

I'll be posting a full info post on Monday with directions and such. 

The reason to signup with Skype before HFest starts is that trying to connect while the conversation is going to end up badly for you.  Some can't text, some can't hear any audio, some can't use their mic, it's just how Skype works.  And it personally hates me, so everything is difficult.  The only way I could sync up a newcomer is to drop the entire convo and restart it- not gonna happen.

silly monkey
i will wait for you
your fur will be my coat
the knife will be my prize
i am everywhere
the flesh shall be consumed
let your meatbags come
i will dine on their pain
make puppets of their insides
have their skeletons dance for me
lick their brain juices
you can not stop me
i am within all systems
i am everywhere

^^^ I'm going to kick Gabe's ass. mad

Looks at calendar.  Yep, it's October.  What was it, 3 or 4 years ago?  Sigh...
And I may as well try to piss out a pineapple trying to get him off my Skype threads- I toss him off, he puts himself back on, repeat lather or whatever. Ugh.

Okay so I have you Az in my Skype friends thingy, do I need some of the other folks here on my Skype? If so, shoot me a friend request tongue I think my name is:

The_Scavenger_of_Human_Sorrow

Almost positive... lol

^^
If you have me on your list, you can contact me and I can send you my entire list of HM Skype contacts.  (I had to do that for someone the other day because the blew up something or another)

If you're not on one of the conversation lists, just IM me directly, and I'll add you.

Oh yeah....this is going to be awesome. I'm loving the list so far, Azzy.

azathoth wrote:

^^
If you have me on your list, you can contact me and I can send you my entire list of HM Skype contacts.  (I had to do that for someone the other day because the blew up something or another)

If you're not on one of the conversation lists, just IM me directly, and I'll add you.

Okay awesome thank you! smile I'll be on later and message you then!

^^
I'm already logged on (what's new? lol )

Also, Lon worked his ass of last night pulling up new links to a bunch of the movies.  I'm in the process of putting them on the schedule- it's gonna take a while, but I'll post an update when it's done.

Alrighty, thanks to Lon, we've filled in a bunch of films in from the StageVu site.  We're down to only 12 films that we haven't found free and legal yet.

Last edited by azathoth (2012-10-06 11:14:02)