Topic: The Parent Thread

A thread to discuss parenting and whatnot, as well as your kids. After the Navy I have hopes of either raising a son or a daughter, I just want one kid but I don't know if it should be a boy or a girl but if it's a boy I will probably name him Ashton and if it's a girl I'll probably name her Penny. So yeah.

Re: The Parent Thread

tripod and his kids ... wow now I'm a happy camper

I think this one needs to be handled by actual parents.  I would suggest that non-parents (such as myself) refrain from making jokes about the topic.

Oh guys I'm not having a kid by the way, lol. what gave you the idea I was?

Last edited by Tripod (2012-10-05 19:24:55)

^^
"...I have hopes of either raising a son or a daughter..."
I don't know, that kinds of gives it away, ya think?  lol
I think we got the point that you are not having a kid right now.

Last edited by azathoth (2012-10-05 19:28:25)

@ tripod wtf????? lol

its cliche but its true being a parent is the most important job you will ever have.

^^
The only counter-example I can think of is the guy carrying the "nuclear football" and the US President.  But I think we can discount such outliers.

azathoth wrote:

^^
The only counter-example I can think of is the guy carrying the "nuclear football" and the US President.  But I think we can discount such outliers.

Or being Charlie Sheen's bodyguard. big_smile

HOLY SHIT Meh I havent seen you post in fuckin ages buddy.... but bein a daddy really got yur craw for sure thats good but holy shit man I thought you gave up on your little baby here left it to lonny to his confusion LOL

HEY I'm a MOD in the waiting!

My kid's lived in Canada her whole life so I'm a long-distance parent.  I do my daddy thing over the phone. lol

I have two girls and holy shit, it's a full-time job.

way to go daddy lon its the best I guess....
and gorefied gimme yur kids I'll awakin them to reality to make your job hard

ha I was kiddin in case ya thought Im some child molester sleazing on the horror boards

I didn't take offense Demon. You could try to wake them to reality all you want, they have their own ideas lol They've just reached the age where they've started to conspire against me, the little heathens.

I didnt think you did litle mis gorefiendhoun d I hear ya... I dont have kids but teach them well they are our future!

^^^ My daughter tried to co-consipre with me a few weeks back.  Her mom grounded her from her DS so she's like, "Mom made me so angry!  I want to hide her hairspray" lol So I had to do my daddy thing and tell her, "No, your mom loves you, she feeds you, keeps a roof over your head...you should respect her, don't be mean" in my most loving daddy voice. lol

Lonny sorry man I cant I dont haave anything to say to that that execept ///..... freak me out baby! I wanna get it on!!

You're not really my type but I guess if you get me drunk enough... lol

^ That's funny. Mine have become fast friends, but they still refuse to pass up an opportunity to tattle on each other. It's actually a good thing though. It's taken my youngest daughter who has Autism, a long time to warm up to her big sister so it's really hard for me to get mad when they get in trouble together.

be back gotta check out the outside party fire man dont wan them to burn be down

I have 3 kids form my first marriage, and now have 2 ( step kids)  more from my second marriage. Being a parent is easy. Being a good parent isn't! You have to make a lot of sacrifices as a parent. Not to mention all the $$$ it costs to raise them.  And those nights you stay awake half, if not all night ,when they are sick, and you still have to go to work. Whewww...

But all-in-all; I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. My kids are the BEST thing that ever happened to me! Now if only they could go to work for me when I'm sick smile

So, if your thinking about having kids some day?? be prepared to be broke most the time. Be ready, and willing, to watch lot and lots of PBS kids programs. And also, you and your spouse's sex life to be at an all time low! big_smile  Don't say I didn't warn you.

I thought thought this thougt of aat hought was this tyhought noooo no it was the othe thought jyst to get ya goin I my buddy aw I forget his user name its saturday night biteme than he knows where im at and you dudes too

it was the big thought of the time