Topic: Welcome to My Nightmare

Has anyone here seen this Amazing Stories episode?  Amazing Stories was Spielberg's television show back in the 80s.  I own the first season on DVD and was a little disappointed at how stories like "Ghost Train" simply just weren't scary.  First season does have a few gems but I just downloaded the second season and it is clearly more horror driven.  Welcome to My Nightmare is directed by Todd Holland(Tom Holland's brother) and it is about a kid who spends all of his time watching horror movies.  So much so that he can barely tell the difference between reality and fiction.  It was a very enjoyable 22 minutes of 80s Fright Night style horror. 

There is an episode from the season called To the Head of the Class directed by none other than Robert Zemeckis as well, and it is an hour long.  Amazing Stories season 2 seems where a lot of the director's from Tales From the Crypt got their start with Horror anthology.

Re: Welcome to My Nightmare

My favorite one was where they where making a mummy movie, and somehow a real mummy comes to life, and confusion reigns.  I forget the name of the episode.

I used to watch that show all the time and the mummy episode is the only one I remember. lol

^^
Kung-fu mummy!

I laughed my teenage ass off at that episode.  It was the guy being unable to talk and having to mumble everything that kept me in stitches.  I saw that episode again about five years ago (found it somewhere online, IIRC) and loved that it still held up and still made me laugh some twenty years later.