Topic: Horror films you want to see be novelized

Just as the title says. I'll state the ones that I picked first:

Jacob's Ladder (even thou I think Silent Hill has tons of novelization I think this one should have it's own novel.)

Suspiria (not the Suspiria De Profundis)

Predator (I heard there's spin-offs, I want the original)

When A Stranger Calls (remake) (only a novella would be alright)

The Serpent And The Rainbow (I want to read the original book but I think I want a novel for the film first)

Scream (must be terrifying)

CUBE (I think this will be a novella due to how lame the shooting locations are lol)

Black Christmas (Old school canadian horror slasher would be great)

Eraserhead (hahaha I wonder how will this one goes)

The Evil Dead trilogy (I'm hoping on comedy for the last two movies)

Phantasm (well this is a weird film, I hope if released Mike will be the narrator)

Re: Horror films you want to see be novelized

A good and intriguing question, Lost Boy. The only one i can think of right now is Near Dark. I would enjoy knowing more about Severin's character and a greater exploration of it would be very interesting to me.

^^ I never watched that film.

A Lost Boy wrote:

^^ I never watched that film.

If u liked Aliens im sure you will love Near Dark, it basically has almost the exact same cast.

The only novelzation I've read so far was The Thing so lol fail. tongue I'd like to read Videodrome but that book is so rare.

They should totally make a illustrated novelization of Nekromantik lol

Last edited by Vasquez (2012-10-08 12:19:17)

Any slasher film series would be an awesome novel series.  At least I'd love reading them!

The Butterfly Effect. I'd love to read more about time travel.

Creepshow

Some of the films mentioned came from novels or comics/graphic novels.

^^^ Word.

I'd be much more interested in novels which should be adapted as movies.  My first nominee would be Hobgoblin, by John Coyne.  Did a book report on it back in 8th grade.  My english teacher gave me a D, based solely on the subject matter (my writing itself was the shit, even back then big_smile ).  She was vehemently opposed to kids reading stories about murder and rape.  Can't blame her, but jeez, don't shoot the friggin' messenger...

I wanna see a R rated version of World War Z NOW! not this big budget pg-13 crap we are going to get.

I'm down for a WWZ R-rated film.

It's sci-fi, and will never happen because it would cost about a billion dollars to make, but the Reality Dysfunction series by Peter Hamilton would be the next Star Wars.  It does have the dead coming back to life and extremely hard to kill, though, so I guess there is horror in it.

I'd love to read the Halloween novels but they aren't easy to find and cost quite a bit.

^
Halloween novels, cool when were they written?

^^
This is not the one MsG mentioned, but it looks cool as hell.

edit- reading the reviews, it seems that the eBook version is missing one story, and there seems to be some typos in the actual book.  Just letting you know.

Last edited by azathoth (2012-10-08 17:28:15)

I actually wouldn't mind having the Friday the 13th Novelizations, especially part VI.  Granted I'm not the BIGGEST fan of these films, but as collector's items I imagine the novelizations would be worth some scratch.

Vasquez wrote:

^
Halloween novels, cool when were they written?

The novelization of the first movie was written by Curtis Richards in 1979. Halloween II followed in 1981 and was written by Jack Martin who also penned Halloween III in 1982. Halloween IV came out in 1988 and was written by Nicholas Grabowsky. The books are highly collectible and range in price from $10 (Halloween III) to close to $500 (a rarer version of Halloween IV). There's also a young adult series set in the world of Halloween by Kelly O'Rourke.

Show off.

What? cool

I forgot to mention there are also comics. http://www.halloweencomics.com/

Last edited by Ms.Gorefiend (2012-10-08 19:41:59)

Showing off is MY thing.  Go find your own schtick. tongue

Oh so you're the only one. I get it.

Every time I show up I get arrested.  I must be doing it wrong.  <shrugs>

Ms.Gorefiend wrote:

Oh so you're the only one. I get it.

Damn straight.  I'm the Sheldon 'round here, missy.  You can be the Leonard. big_smile

Azzie -- That's what she said.

BAM!  You just got she-said'ed.

If we were talking books into movies...then I would love to see The Anita Blake series as a TV show or a movie.