Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Kill List (2011) - 8.5/10
Maniac (1980) - 9/10

azathoth wrote:

^^
Thanks Goon.  Stuck it in my Netflix queue.

Too bad my excited review wasn't enough to do that tongue

^^
Sorry, I must have missed it.  sad   I try and catch all previous posts, but ya know, sometimes things are missed.  Like that one time I ran over Vampy with the tractor.  It took 2 whole rolls of duct tape to patch her up!

^^^
You're a very funny monkey azathoth, you always make me laugh a lot. lol

Watched Solstice.
Amanda Seyfried, don't need to day more. 7/10

The Dead Zone - 8/10

Had a pretty great cast.

Kill Theory - Another one of the AfterDark's films, this one with a Saw vibe. Not a bad one but certainly not one of the best ive seen. 6/10.

Halloween: H20

This movie is beyond lame, and still to this day I do not know why I re-watched it again and again.

Rating: 3/10

Oh, a brilliant film by Syfy called Goblin (2010).  Kind of like Jeepers Creepers or the Tooth Fairy, sorta, but really sucks.  Throwing my monkeys in front of a camera would be better FX than this film has.  And they can act better.  The girls are cute, but after 5 minutes you just want to punch them in the face (figuratively, I do not condone violence against women).  I'd also recommend punching the guys in the face, but that's fine.  lol

Last edited by azathoth (2012-10-08 02:30:36)

TOKYO GORE POLICE
One of the movie with the most blood splattering I've seen. Loved it, asians are just plain freaking NUTS!!! But I like it. lol
9/10

Chop - Awhile back someone told me Trent Haaga was in this.. Well he is not an actor in it but he is the director... It's not bad although I think it drags on a little too much. You can kind of see the undertones of a Troma movie as well.. Just from the aesthetic.

Chernobyl Diaries (2012) - Four friends on Vacation in Europe are joined by another young couple on an extreme tour of the abandoned city of Pripyat, once home to the workers of the Chernobly reactor.  But once insisde the city, they realize that they are not alone.  Better than I was expecting, I know a lot of other people didn't care for it, but I actually enjoyed it.  Good creepy atmoshere and locations.  3/5.

The Fields (2011) - While his parents try to work out their marrital problems, Steven is sent to live with his grandparents on their rural farm.  There he and his grandparents are terrorized by an unseen prescence in the corn fields.  Tara Reid is in the film for all of about 5 minutes, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, and probably the best thing about the film was Cloris Leachman as the grandmother.  It ends up being very different from the way that the film was marketed and not in a good way.  2/5.

Dream Home (2010) - Wow what a difference good subtitles make.  The first time I watched it the subtitles were pretty poor, so it was confusing with all of the flash backs.  Much better on the 2nd viewing.  4/5.

kXnPunk wrote:

TOKYO GORE POLICE
One of the movie with the most blood splattering I've seen. Loved it, asians are just plain freaking NUTS!!! But I like it. lol
9/10

I agree with your rating, it's a awesome movie.

Friday the 13th part 4 (my favorite of the series)

Halloween:H20

Woman In Black

Hatchet 7/10

Shivers (1975). Cronenberg's debut feature and my fav of his 9/10.

^^
Was just talking with Vas about this; it's on YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfglzsgahSA

kXnPunk wrote:

TOKYO GORE POLICE
9/10

Have u sen Vampire Girl v Frankenstein Girl. I have it on DVD. perhaps not quite as good as TGP but enjoyable if u like that kind of film. These types of films are to me classified as in the 'Bat-shit crazy jap' sub genre.

You should check out the Thai and Indian horror films, too.  They're also quite funky.  And Honk Kong.

The House By The Cemetery - 7.5/10

Some creepy images in this movie, some top-notch gore effects - but one annoying little boy (at least, the English dubs for him were just bad)!

edit - Oh! And that 'bat' scene was badass! big_smile

Last edited by The Creature (2012-10-08 18:21:41)

Vasquez wrote:
kXnPunk wrote:

TOKYO GORE POLICE
9/10

Have u sen Vampire Girl v Frankenstein Girl. I have it on DVD. perhaps not quite as good as TGP but enjoyable if u like that kind of film. These types of films are to me classified as in the 'Bat-shit crazy jap' sub genre.

If you enjoyed those two, you may also get a kick out of Machine Girl, Stacy (aka Attack of the School Girl Zombies), Junk, Versus and Wild Zero. smile

Return Of The Living Dead
This movie just doesn't get old, love it!

^^^ Agreed.  I love that flick to death.

Friday the 13th Part 4: The Final Chapter - 9/10

It's been a few years, I've forgotten how awesome this flick is.
I'm now ranking this Friday as my all-time fav. Yep, it's replacing Part 6: Jason Lives.

Just started The Tall Man!!!  God bless Netflix for adding this to the instant queue