Re: Last horror movie you watched?

I've been writing all day and am ready to call it quits, and will be watching Child's play later.  But first, the kick-ass Hong Kong "Girls with Guns" flick The Avenging Quartet.  Nichiko Mishiwaki and Yukari Oshima and Moon Lee, oh, my!

Grave Encounters 2   
eh, it got off on a slow start. ( reminded me of Megan is Missing) then once they got to the asylum it took off . Same type of weird incidents and jump scares.. the ending was ok. I appreciate the fact that they seemed to try to build an storyline thay could justify an sequel.. but boy was that storyline WAAAAAY out ther.  lol   

overall I give it a 6/10 ( cause I like haunted asylum movies)

Documentaing The Grey Man
I didnt like the characters and got bored.. was distracted halfway through and only half-paid attention the the rest of the movie.
3/10

A Woman In Black

Oh my god, so I just finished THe Tall Man....what a piece of crap.  Sorry to those who liked it, but it was TERRIBLE

Blood Night: Legend of Mary Hatchet, it has plenty of flaws but has a huge slasher fan I can't help but like it. 7/10

Gardenofstone10 wrote:

Oh my god, so I just finished THe Tall Man....what a piece of crap.  Sorry to those who liked it, but it was TERRIBLE

I am disappointed in your lack of horror knowledge.. Heh jk bud.. I really liked that flick.. It's definitely not for everybody.. The ending was really the kicker for me.. Me and my father are pretty damn close so something about that movie hit me at home.

The Ward.. Not bad but the ending was disappointing.. I wouldn't have even known this was a John Carpenter film unless it said so.. Much different then his other work..

The Descent (2005) - 9/10

The Haunting of Julia - Effectively creepy and atmospheric. I enjoyed it. 7/10

Don't Look Now - Highly interpretive piece of cinema. It was beautifully filmed and acted. 7/10

Maximum Overdrive: Well, after hearing all these bad rumors about it, on how Stephen King was the worst director ever, I found this film cool and funny.
It was scored by AC/DC, which is a band that rarely go hearing, the music was awesome in this movie, but it didn't scares me like the music in like... The Lost Boys.
The acting wasn't really bad at all, I liked Emilio Estevez's character pretty well but I don't see him at a protagonist at first. (Wonder why he got a Razzie nomination)
It has a SK cameo: "Honey! This machine just called me an asshole!" LOL it was funny.
Speaking about funny I found this film cool in the terms of machines and action sequences, the kill scene with the machine gun has terrible effects. Still it remains a fun film because of the cheesy and laughable death scenes and moments.
There was only one scene that scares me... where the guy suddenly revived and try to pull his kid. (but the music ruined the moment so tongue)
The plot is somewhat predictable and this is also the "public type film".
Overal... a cool film to watch but not very good, I give it a 6,6/10

Overal, a fun film to watch but not scary

The Creature wrote:

Friday the 13th Part 4: The Final Chapter - 9/10

It's been a few years, I've forgotten how awesome this flick is.
I'm now ranking this Friday as my all-time fav. Yep, it's replacing Part 6: Jason Lives.

It seems as though Final Chapter gets quite a bit of love.  It is definitely my favorite, right up there with the first one.  It is the perfect blend of 80s fun.  Friday the 13th 2 is very good, 3 is good but the cast is somewhat annoying.  Then 4 comes with Crispin Glover, Corey Feldman, all kinds of beuatiful women, and then just a huge ending.  It also seems 3 gets a lot of love but I've always been a little bored by that one.  I'm going to give it another go one of these days.

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

Halloween: H20

This movie is beyond lame, and still to this day I do not know why I re-watched it again and again.

Rating: 3/10

HAHHA

I love the part when Joseph Gordon Levitt says something like "Jimmy's been in detention for 3 weeks" when he's looking for Michael Myers at the beginning.  Not one of my favorite flicks either but it is very watchable.

Fell asleep to Paranormal Activity 3 for the 2nd time.  Might see if I can get Prometheus tonight for something a bit more engaging.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre the beginning

The Barrens (2012) - While on a camping trip with his wife, teenage daughter and young son, Richard Vineyard becomes convinced that they are being stalked by The Jersey Devil, the legendary beast that supposedly roams the New Jersey Pine Barrens.  Is his paranoia getting the best of him, or is there really a monster out there intending to harm him and his family?  Has the look and feel of a SyFy production, minus the cheesy CGI.  Boring and uneventful for the most part, playing out as you would expect, but they do throw in a little twist at the end, which for me was the only saving grace.  2.5/5.

^ Yea I agree The Barrens for the most part is pretty boring..

The Lost Coast Tapes - This is also pretty damn boring. The entire film is nothing but noises and suspicion.. It was tough sitting through the whole thing.

Deadly Blessing (1981) - a great forgotten gem of a Wes Craven film with some very striking imagery. 9/10. Its criminal that it only has a 20% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

Last edited by Vasquez (2012-10-09 16:03:12)

^And how about the ending of TLCT, was that bad or what?

YES! I don't know what they were thinking.

The Pact (2011) -- I found it okay, wasn't quite the same ole but on the other hand they left out parts of the story.

7/10

Smiley (2012) -- hated it! 3/10

I'd kinda consider this horror:

Watching the Martin Scorsese remake of Cape Fear

Well, this is ALMOST the last movie I watched. It will be in an hour and  a half! big_smile

I LOVE this old classic thriller with Elizabeth Montgomery!!!

Out Of Contention

Who else has seen it?  smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Asj1WfVZ4ho

Dracula's Wife

I Spit On Your Grave (2010 remake) - 8/10

Damn good remake. It stays true to the original, but it also stands on its own. The revenge section of the film is of course contains some of the best parts. Painful to watch, but it is well done. And we get a good lead too (Sarah Butler)!

Often this film is compared to the remake of Last House On The Left, and in my opinion, I Spit On Your Grave is the better remake.

Last edited by The Creature (2012-10-09 19:40:37)

DarkMistress wrote:

Well, this is ALMOST the last movie I watched. It will be in an hour and  a half! big_smile

I LOVE this old classic thriller with Elizabeth Montgomery!!!

Out Of Contention

Who else has seen it?  smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Asj1WfVZ4ho

Dracula's Wife

Ok, this movie was based on a true story!  I did not know that! But then I have not seen it in years.  The extended ending here shows the real names.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLHbKCf83w8

The Creature wrote:

I Spit On Your Grave (2010 remake) - 8/10

Damn good remake. It stays true to the original, but it also stands on its own. The revenge section of the film is of course contains some of the best parts. Painful to watch, but it is well done. And we get a good lead too (Sarah Butler)!

Often this film is compared to the remake of Last House On The Left, and in my opinion, I Spit On Your Grave is the better remake.

I loved the original!  Have not seen the remake. Did not know there was one!

Salvage