Re: Last horror movie you watched?

DarkMistress wrote:
The Creature wrote:

I Spit On Your Grave (2010 remake) - 8/10

Damn good remake. It stays true to the original, but it also stands on its own. The revenge section of the film is of course contains some of the best parts. Painful to watch, but it is well done. And we get a good lead too (Sarah Butler)!

Often this film is compared to the remake of Last House On The Left, and in my opinion, I Spit On Your Grave is the better remake.

I loved the original!  Have not seen the remake. Did not know there was one!

The original is a (cult) classic that's an excellent grindhouse/exploitation flick. The 2010 remake certainly doesn't have that same feel, but it doesn't shy away from any of the disturbing brutality that the original 'packed its punched' with, so to say.

Trollhunter - This was filled with beautiful shots of the landscapes. I felt this movie could have been a lot better with better creature design.. I must say though the last battle with the Troll is awesome.

The Creature wrote:
DarkMistress wrote:
The Creature wrote:

I Spit On Your Grave (2010 remake) - 8/10

Damn good remake. It stays true to the original, but it also stands on its own. The revenge section of the film is of course contains some of the best parts. Painful to watch, but it is well done. And we get a good lead too (Sarah Butler)!

Often this film is compared to the remake of Last House On The Left, and in my opinion, I Spit On Your Grave is the better remake.

I loved the original!  Have not seen the remake. Did not know there was one!

The original is a (cult) classic that's an excellent grindhouse/exploitation flick. The 2010 remake certainly doesn't have that same feel, but it doesn't shy away from any of the disturbing brutality that the original 'packed its punched' with, so to say.

Couldn't agree more. The revenge is really wild, she's got crazy ideas. The dude on the tree, the acid in the bathtub, the gunshot at the end. Extremely vicious. But she was raped a vicious manner too. So I understand her totally. And yes, the original was good but I prefer this remake.  I like Sarah more. She played is marvellously

Lovely Molly: Wasn't expecting such a good movie. I was tired when watching it, so I am going to watch it again this wk end. 7/10

The House That Dripped Blood (1971) - 9.5/10
I'm so into horror anthologies this days,planning to watch Tales from the Crypt, Black Sabbath,Asylum,Tales of Terror...

Jason X

Goon wrote:

Trollhunter - This was filled with beautiful shots of the landscapes. I felt this movie could have been a lot better with better creature design.. I must say though the last battle with the Troll is awesome.

I really enjoyed Trollhunter:)

I am watching (1955) Tarantula

I was so shocked that never even heard of this movie before Burning Bright (2010)
Where did this come from, I Loved plot of the movie.

Tiger lose in the house, while all windows and doors are boarded up because of the Tornado,

I saw some parts of the movie, I really enjoyed the parts I saw, 
but could not  get into the movie,  as my family Member kept interrupting  telling me to do stuff, while I watching it, I had pause this movie 7 times in 50 minutes

as not seem the whole movie so, 7 out of 10

Body Parts (1991)

This was really good gruesome thriller.

Story is self was not all that great, A Guy loses his arm and He get's Killer Arm, which is can not control's at times.

I like the fact movie flowed really well, there were not boring at all, there were some very gruesome deaths scenes near the end of the movie, which  I did not expect all at all.

I really enjoyed the whole movie, I liked how the story ended.

The acting from everyone in cast, well some of cast were really good, there could have been better.

I don't if it was acting or not, his really annoyed me at times.

Overall I give this movie 7 out of 10 really Good movie.

Last edited by BASSI (2012-10-10 12:54:40)

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, this one was really hit and miss for me. I love the story and the gore, but it had some really crappy CGI effects and it seemed very rushed and forced. 6/10

^^
Was it the major studio one or the Asylum ripoff?

PA 3- Better than #1, not quite as good as #2 (but with worse camera work).  I dunno, I'll go with a 6/10.

I was watching The Gathering lastnight but I fell asleep. I plan on finishing it tonight after dinner.

The Cabinet of Caligari (1919). Very interesting since it was my first viewing of a silent era Horror film. As expected some very striking, almost mesmerizing imagery (that reflects the psychological aspects of the film?) typical of german expressionism during this period. Good acting from its cast, particularly Dr Caligari. Man that guys looks downright creepy from everything to his general image to his manic and sinister expressions. The story is also very engaging,complex and interesting and certainly drawed me in for the length of its running time. Overall a 9/10.

Inside (2007) for the first time, one HELL of Amazing movie

The first scene is very bloody, there already been crash, we only see the aftermath.
The rest of the first half of the movie,  start's of little slow, the build up the tension slowly.

There ws one dream scenes really got to me, I know U be think of that tonight, then the movie goes bloody messy.

There was some really good intense moments, I was thinking of even turning away from watching it.

The second half of the movie  was so bloody, as this movie keeps on going it's getting even more bloodier and nasty until the end of the movie.

The only downside to this movie is that some scenes are little to dark that you can not make things out.

The acting form everyone in this movie was outstanding

Overall this movie  superb  9 out of 10

(This as got be the best movie I have seen this year)

Last edited by BASSI (2012-10-10 16:34:39)

BASSI wrote:

I was so shocked that never even heard of this movie before Burning Bright (2010)
Where did this come from, I Loved plot of the movie.

Tiger lose in the house, while all windows and doors are boarded up because of the Tornado,

I saw some parts of the movie, I really enjoyed the parts I saw, 
but could not  get into the movie,  as my family Member kept interrupting  telling me to do stuff, while I watching it, I had pause this movie 7 times in 50 minutes

as not seem the whole movie so, 7 out of 10.

Definitely has one of the more ridiculous sounding plots for a horror movie, but the movie itself is genuinely scary and well done.  I really enjoyed it.  Definitely finish watching it Bassi.

Grave Encounters 2 (2012) - Not much more that I can add to what others have said about it, suffice to say that it was not very good.  2/5.

Wrong Turn 2: Dead End

Let's Scare Jessica to Death - I'd heard a lot of good things about this one and it seemed like it would be right up my alley. Unfortunately, it fell flat. I liked the atmosphere, but the plot was weak and disjointed. I did enjoy the dreamlike quality of the film, but I won't be adding it to the collection 5/10

^^^ I felt pretty much the same way.  I thought it was slow and a chore to sit through most of the time.  Why most other fans tend to rate it highly, I haven't a clue.

Last movie i watched Frankenweenie, Its good horror and comedy movie....

Original or the new one?

The Final - It's an interesting movie.. I wouldn't say this is great though.. It's pretty average. Kind of a revenge flick.

Tales from the Crypt (1972) - Another anthology classic.

Hostel Part III and The Faculty

Red Sin Tower

flamethrower wrote:

The House That Dripped Blood (1971) - 9.5/10
I'm so into horror anthologies this days,planning to watch Tales from the Crypt, Black Sabbath,Asylum,Tales of Terror...

I'm not seeing Creepshow there why?

Chopping Mall  - I though this movie was really disappointing. I didn't enjoy it at all.

Clad it was a short movie, there was just too much silly-ness going on in the movie,

The acting was really bad in this movie, almost un-watchable 

3 out of ten