Topic: Dracula 3D

I'm really excited to see this one and I hope it gets a U.S release in theaters. I'm really looking forward to seeing Argento's take on this film. How about you guys?

Re: Dracula 3D

Me too!  I love a good vampire movie. Argento, I think is well suite to give us a good one.

* Is his sexy daughter gonna be in it?

Last edited by Underdog (2012-03-09 20:23:31)

The trailer looks good...looks like it is a gothic movie too:)

http://youtu.be/1oemn4VbbFg

Trailer for Dario Argento's Dracula 3D starring Asia Argento as Lucy, Thomas Kretschmann as Dracula, Marta Gastini as Mina, and Rutger Hauer as Van Helsing. Miguel Angel Silvestre and Miriam Giovanelli.

^ I guess that answers my question about, Asia. Gracias, DG.

I can't decide whether I loved that trailer or despised it...not sure I like their casting for Dracula...some of the dialog was horribly cheesy and the cgi, although it did say "work in progress" was really lame still. At the same time the sets looked kinda neat, really looked like an old Hammer film.

^ Could not agree more.

Hmm, Rutger Hauer, Asia Argento, and it looks like a Hammer film.  What's not to like?  big_smile

^^^ Monkey's on board.

^^
I just had to post the YouTube clip in honor of your avatar.

It's a classic.

so anyone seen this yet , is it any good or what !!?? looks pretty good

It looks....not so great. I know it says the effects are a work in progress, and I may be alone on this, but it looks like a cheap imitation of a Hammer film. I don't particularly care for the actor they cast as Dracula. And wtf is with the giant praying mantis?

I'll probably still see it. But I have to say, a Hammer style, Gothic version of Dracula by Argento done in 3D sort of sets my teeth on edge. Call me a snob.

Ms.Gorefiend wrote:

It looks....not so great. I know it says the effects are a work in progress, and I may be alone on this, but it looks like a cheap imitation of a Hammer film. I don't particularly care for the actor they cast as Dracula. And wtf is with the giant praying mantis?

I'll probably still see it. But I have to say, a Hammer style, Gothic version of Dracula by Argento done in 3D sort of sets my teeth on edge. Call me a snob.

I agree. The effects sorta remind me of a video game and the actor playing Dracula doesn't quite fit in my opinion. I still am curious to see it though (mainly because of Asia Argento wink ), but I'm not going to have high expectations.

Ms.Gorefiend wrote:

Yep I have to agree. I was confused by the praying mantis too. Don't recall that from the story. I hope it does get better when the effects are finished. I like Rutger Hauer as Van Helsing though. Not so sure about the guy cast as Dracula not very charismatic which is what Dracula should be.

I just wish they would quit remaking Dracula. I respect the story because without it we wouldn't have all the vampire stories we have now, but there are so many other versions of vampires that I think are way more interesting and would love to see.

hope this will be the movie.....

I haven't checked the trailer, but on paper this movie has tons of potential. One of the greatest directors in horror movies, along with one of the best stories (I like almost every adaption of this book), and a good cast.

Dracula seems to be a thing of the moment. Eli Roth is producing one with Russell Crowe now.

Eli Roth and Russell Crow?  Now there's a combination I wouldn't think would ever happen... lol

Doesn't look that great IMO.

@Theli- I heard the same thing about Bram Stroker's Dracula, and that turned into a mess.  In my opinion.

I'm not a Roth fan, and I don't know if Crowe could pull off a better Helsing than Jackman.  Of course, it's all about the script, they are both excellent actors.