Re: Crocodile Hunter Death Footage

What if it were tastefully released as part of an overall documentry? Personally I don't have much interest in seeing it, but I think it should be the faniles decision. There are times in the past were deaths were released such as with The Twilight Zone movie. Hollywood didn't see a need to edit out the deaths of 3 people.

Last edited by Greg (2006-09-27 10:58:29)

The Twilight Zone deaths were odd to see...you can actually see the helicopter blade cut at least one of the people, though it happens extremely fast. 

I have no interest in deaths of this sort being released, but I must admit that I'd watch it if it popped up somewhere.  I'd probably even feel a bit guilty afterward, truth be told, but it helps to extinguish the mysticism around it and lets you see it for what it actually is...a very unfortunate thing that happened to an undeserving person.

I suppose it's human nature to be facinated by death and when it's the death of a star it becomes something kind of surreal. I think we try and step aside and pretend it's not real or that it's o.k. because they were a public presonality and we have the right to every aspect of their life, even their death. We watch it in movies all the time and sometimes laugh at it because we know it's fake. I believe when you watch actual footage like Steve's death or the guy in Iraq that has his head cut off or the Faces of Death movies (not sure if they are real or not) I believe you cross a line and make a decision that the fake death you see on TV and movies is not enough for you anymore. Which is fine but it's your decision and you have to deal with the emotional and mental consequences. I myself feel that fake death is good enough, I can watch a movie and be grossed out or scared but at the end I know they will all get back up shake hands and appear in the sequel. it's just the way I feel and I do not look down on or am angry at anyone that make a different decision then the one I make.

Fascination is one thing, but what gets me steemed are the people who are supposed to be putting this video on their websites or uploading them to a video host. Using someone's death to get hits is something that can't be redeemed by any words or excuses. I love me a fake demise in movies, but when it comes to the real thing I steer clear.

Agreed, that's crap. I am with you guys I pretty much steer clear of that stuff.