Re: Last horror movie you watched?

FDR: American Badass! (2012) - Okay, so it is low budget, cheesy and down right goofy, but it still was a fun watch.  2.5/5.

BASSI wrote:

Chopping Mall  - I though this movie was really disappointing. I didn't enjoy it at all.

I loved this movie when I saw it in highschool (around '88 or so) but I bought the DVD a few years back, first time I watched it since way back then, and was really disappointed.  It wasn't near as entertaining as I remembered it being.

But I actually think that just speaks more to the age difference than anything.  Teenagers might get a kick out of it, but then most teenagers don't watch horror for substance; they watch it for splatter and boobs -- which is about the only thing this flick is good for. hmm

Silver Bullet - Decent enough King adaption. 7/10

golem09 wrote:

I'm not seeing Creepshow there why?

I have watched it recently and too many times,so now looking for something new and the movies I watched long time ago smile

LoudLon wrote:
BASSI wrote:

Chopping Mall  - I though this movie was really disappointing. I didn't enjoy it at all.

I loved this movie when I saw it in highschool (around '88 or so) but I bought the DVD a few years back, first time I watched it since way back then, and was really disappointed.  It wasn't near as entertaining as I remembered it being.

But I actually think that just speaks more to the age difference than anything.  Teenagers might get a kick out of it, but then most teenagers don't watch horror for substance; they watch it for splatter and boobs -- which is about the only thing this flick is good for. hmm

Chopping Mall aint that bad. Sure it aint no Rosemarys Baby but its a decent enough flick if ur in the right mood - and well sometimes some fun cheesy 80's splatter and boobs is the perfect ticket (Still hated Hathet though)

Last edited by Vasquez (2012-10-12 07:25:31)

I've been rewatching some good old fashion witchcraft movies.
I watched The Devil Rides Out yesterday. I love the movie. It doesn't have an overly dark or creepy atmosphere, but it does have some disturbing scenes. They did their work researching the occult when they made this movie. Really the only movie that might compare as far as a well researched occult movie is Wickerman.

I also watched Horror Hotel. That's two Christopher Lee movies in a row, though in this one he's the wtich and not the hunter. Pretty damn good movie. Really creepy atmosphere in the town of Whitewood, fog machines going 24/7. Not as in depth as The Devil Rides Out, but runs more on emotional impact of the dark arts.

Horror Hotel for me is the best Horror movie of ALL TIMES. The camera, acting, story is just freaking BRILLIANT.

Sphere which contains a lot of GREAT actors. Samuel L. motherfucking Jackson, Dustin Hoffman and ohhhhhh yummy Sharon Stone. Damn WIIILD story. Loved it. I cannot do any different, Sharon is in it. lol 9/10

Alien: Resurrection with the oh so cute and talented Winona Ryder and fabulous Ron Perlman. Sigourney does as she ever does in everything she does. Pull out an amazing acting performance. 10/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2012-10-11 20:36:17)

Dolores Claiborne - 9/10

^ Not sure if that is considered horror, I'd think more drama, but it was great. Kathy Bates can play one cold stone bitch in her films...she's fantastic, as always.

The Initiation - 1984.  It was ok.  Slasher fans may like it.

The Devils Business 8/10   2nd time watching...Loved it !!! great atmosphere and had the old school 70's feel to it !!!

Red Lights 7/10 - great acting.  well filmed although not truly horror- more of a suspense film

I re-watched Re-Animator. It's easily one of the best horror/comedies around. It's just sick and over the top, but so damn satisfying. Herbert West is an awesome character. A great adaptation of the Lovecraft story.

I also watched John Carpenter's the Thing again. Not exacly Lovecraft, but clearly influenced by it. The movie boasts some of the best special effects of it's time. I love the animatronic and the grotesque models. The movie really captures the feeling of isolation and paranoia too. Top notch.

Sinister

Saw it with friends last night. Wow. I had seen pieces of the trailer (which I wouldn't recommend seeing as, like most other trailers, spoils too much) and really wanted to see it. Sinister is a spooky movie, and full of jump scares. Some predictable, some not. Regardless, pretty much every jump scare got me, which wasn't good for my heart. Good to hear the entire theatre screaming. Maybe some were a little too forced, but it still made for a fun experience.

Anyway, the found footage element of the movie is very good. It looks kind of surreal and has a mesmerizing quality - the music that plays is also creepy - and the imagery is quite disturbing. The story itself is passable, and learning about the reels of footage, and the backstory, is particularly well done. Ethan Hawke was well suited also.

Recommend it, though it probably isn't for everyone with some of its cliched scares. But I was uncomfortable throughout waiting for the big shocks.

8/10

Dolls (1987)

I normal hate it when the a movie as dream scene near the start of the movie, for this I found the dream scene really fun and a little cute.

Judy step mum- is one hell of Evil Nasty bitch, God what the hell is wrong with her and her Dad as  to one most nasty and silly parents in the world.
(She better off without them)

I just could not wait for the  dolls to kill them, they got what they deserved, 

some of the dolls were really creepy and all the razor sharp teeth makes look even more scary and there was some bloody moment in this movie, I would not say gory.

I love effects near the end of the movie, the scene. what happens to the father was really good, the good old cheesy 80's effect are great fun to watch.

The acting was really good from everyone in the movie

8 out of 10 Great fun movie.

Chomper wrote:

Sinister

Saw it with friends last night. Wow. I had seen pieces of the trailer (which I wouldn't recommend seeing as, like most other trailers, spoils too much) and really wanted to see it. Sinister is a spooky movie, and full of jump scares. Some predictable, some not. Regardless, pretty much every jump scare got me, which wasn't good for my heart. Good to hear the entire theatre screaming. Maybe some were a little too forced, but it still made for a fun experience.

Anyway, the found footage element of the movie is very good. It looks kind of surreal and has a mesmerizing quality - the music that plays is also creepy - and the imagery is quite disturbing. The story itself is passable, and learning about the reels of footage, and the backstory, is particularly well done. Ethan Hawke was well suited also.

Recommend it, though it probably isn't for everyone with some of its cliched scares. But I was uncomfortable throughout waiting for the big shocks.

8/10

Oh man, I'm DEFINITELY gonna watch this. Sounds like fun. smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2012-10-12 08:31:44)

Nothing lke a good old 30's Lugosi.
Island Of Lost Souls http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0024188/ is fantasmabulous. The plot is wild. Strange as we ALL love.

Cinematography, soundtrack is just amazing. What beautiful images all the movie.

And man, Lota of the house of pain's just brilliant.The Panther Woman too. Bela pulls off the Sayer Of The Law perfectly like he always does. So does Arlen, Laughton [which I truely love] and Komai.

Kinda shows how surgery at that time was pretty fun. For the blood lover that I am. lol

The beast men kick ass totally.
And what a wonderful ending.

"I'll make her human again!!!"
Yeah you can try as long as you want. lol

10/10

Black Sabbath (1963) - 9/10

Captain Kronos: Vampire Hunter (1974) - It was pretty good, though a tad on the slow side for me.  3/5.

Behind The Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon

8.7/10

High marks from me!

Last edited by HORRORKID (2012-10-12 14:29:46)

kXnPunk wrote:

Nothing lke a good old 30's Lugosi.
Island Of Lost Souls http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0024188/ is fantasmabulous. The plot is wild. Strange as we ALL love.

Cinematography, soundtrack is just amazing. What beautiful images all the movie.

And man, Lota of the house of pain's just brilliant.The Panther Woman too. Bela pulls off the Sayer Of The Law perfectly like he always does. So does Arlen, Laughton [which I truely love] and Komai.

Kinda shows how surgery at that time was pretty fun. For the blood lover that I am. lol

The beast men kick ass totally.
And what a wonderful ending.

"I'll make her human again!!!"
Yeah you can try as long as you want. lol

10/10

One of faves aswell. 10/10 is the right score.

Last edited by Vasquez (2012-10-12 15:33:48)

HORRORKID wrote:

8.7/10

High marks from me!

http://bloody-disgusting.com/legacy/images/smilies/beerchug.gif

flamethrower wrote:
HORRORKID wrote:

8.7/10

High marks from me!

We can only hope for a sequel.

HORRORKID wrote:
flamethrower wrote:
HORRORKID wrote:

8.7/10

High marks from me!

The end looks opened for a sequel,so it would be nice.

flamethrower wrote:
HORRORKID wrote:
flamethrower wrote:

The end looks opened for a sequel,so it would be nice.

I thought plans for a sequel fell through? and now they are doing a prequel?

Just watched Scream 2 for the first time. I'd seen parts of it before, but never the whole thing. I watched the first one for the first time this year too. I gotta say I enjoyed both of them quite a bit. Sure they fall into some cliches, but they break a lot of them too. I like the mystery element to the series too. Without that most slasher films (or at least their infinite sequels) fall into redundancy. I also like the little references to other horror flicks, or specifically sequels in this Scream 2. The movie within a movie at the beginning was cool, I was getting flash backs of Demons at first. Overall a good sequel and enjoyable movie.

This.^^^