Re: 2012 MLB Thread

Padres are riding a big ol 4 game winning streak. With a season record of 56-70, only 14 games out of first place, we still have a chance to win the division; NOT!

To be able to compete in the NL West next season they will need some strong pitching! Being that the Padres are a small market team, they mostly rely on their minor league players to emerge. Hopefully that will happen??

I wish for you for the Pads to up their game, man.  Being a Cincie fan I know what it's like to be continually disappointed season after season.  The Reds are doing well this year and did well last year, but for a long time they were straight up abysmal. hmm

^^ If they ever win a World Series? I can die in peace big_smile

You never know, Undie.  With the way teams have been fluctuating in ability over the last several years it wouldn't at all surprise me if they were number one this time next year.

Well, Lon, our series was a wash.

@UDog- don't feel too bad, Philly went 24 years without a title in ANY sport, lol

Yeah, they split it two and two.  So can I have my thousand Toe Tags back? lol

EDIT:  Oops, no, Phillies won three of four, didn't they?

Nah, we split.  If you sent me the Tags, I'll send 'em back.

Woo-to-tha-mothahfuckin'-hoo!!!  It's been several days since I've checked the NL standings and I'm pleased to see that Cincie has taken back not only the NL central lead, but the NL lead in general.  Keep it up, fellas!  October's right around the corner!

^^
You're welcome, we swept the Nats for you.  Now we're only 10 games out of the 2nd Wildcard spot, lol  !

Lon- we're playing again.  1K TTs per game again?

You betcha.  I'm ridiculously confident in my Reds right now. big_smile

the halos are surging again won 8 of the last nine to pull within 2.5 games of the second wildcard spot little nervous about jarod weaver and his sore shoulder but we'll just have to wait and see what happens. They're hot hot hot right now 15-3 in the last 18 and they swept 3 of the last 4 series with a 3-2 win over detroit today.

Last edited by daxter (2012-09-09 17:33:41)

Lon- saw your Reds have clinched the Central.

Phils are still 3 or 4 out of the 2nd wildcard- not gonna make the post-season this year.

Yeah, and I missed it.  No cable TV at the moment and all.  And it's frustrating having to check their website every day.  I would have loved to see that 6-zip shut-out against LA.

^^
ESPN and SI.com have some nice real-time gamecasts.  It's only play-by-play and graphics, but I guess it's better than nothing.

Homer Bailey threw a no-hitter last night, striking out 10 batters all the while. Even though the Reds had locked up a spot in the playoffs prior to last nights game. Baileys no-no should give him confidence headed into the post season.  After a big let down last season, as their middle relievers couldn't hold late game leads. The team has since fixed that flaw this year, and are gonna be a team to be reckoned with.

( side note) I was looking at Bailey's career record over the last few yrs and noticed the guy only gets better as the season progresses, and especially in Sept/Oct, when it really counts.

Lon is digging life, I'm sure.

@ Az-- Remember the 69 miracle Mets? It could still happen my friend.

^^
Nope- we got eliminated yesterday.  sad
I have hope for next year, though; out youngsters started looking good.

I don't watch the Reds...ever, but they put it on in the middle of the BYU football game last night, very impressive by Homer, very happy for him, first since 1988 also very impressive

azathoth wrote:

^^
Nope- we got eliminated yesterday.  sad
I have hope for next year, though; out youngsters started looking good.

^ That was short lived. smile

The O's are now tied with the Yankees, with 4 games left to play.
I'm not a O's fan, but love to see an Underdog win. So..." Go O's!"

Who likes having a second wild card team? I do.

Last edited by Underdog (2012-09-30 10:53:09)

Go UnderDog!

Go Tigers!  Cabrera is doing some work

Gardenofstone10 wrote:

Go Tigers!  Cabrera is doing some work

Cabrera is in the running for the Triple Crown.  Last I read he had tied Hamilton for HR lead.

* Cabrera now has the BA lead over Trout.

Last edited by Underdog (2012-10-03 07:58:33)

Sorry Lon.  The Reds came back from a 6-0 deficit to make it 6-4, but couldn't pull it off.

Eh, it's just as well.  I was just telling Undie earlier that as much as I'd like Cincie to take the whole thing this year, even moreso I DON'T want them to win the WS this year because having no cable, I would miss it AGAIN -- just like I did when they won in '90, while I was in basic training.  You think I held it against them THAT time...if they'd done it again this year I'd have taken it as a sign and sworn off them forever. lol