Re: Totally random

@Lon - You summed it the best possible, when people see some of the t-shirts and/or jumpers I wear they seem to think I strictly listen to Rock/Metal which is wrong. I love old Rap and Hip-Hop, it was so good. These days it's a joke, people like Lil' Wayne and such. A joke. My music taste is varied as sh*t, and people say that people who listen to Metal only listen to Metal? I love Classical music a lot too, it gets me thinking and the creative juice flowing sometimes also.

I had to get that off my chest.

Azzie -- I LOVED Ice-T and his Bodycount/F*** tha Police/There Goes the Neighborhood Days.  When I was chatting with Brooke on Skype last week we talked about that and I mentioned I wished Ice T had done more in the metal genre.

My only real complaint about Ice T -- as well as Dr. Dre, Ice Cube, Flava Flav and some others -- is that there was a time when they were head-to-toe legit, rappng about real shit, coming from real places.  Now you've got Ice Cube doing family movies, Flava Flav's a reality TV star and a complete joke, Dr. Dre manages idiots like Eminem (all the while backing up how "street" Eminem is when you know damn well that cracker's from the suburbs and that Eight Mile was a work of pure fiction) and Ice T stars in Law & Order: SVU.

I won't begrudge any of them their successes; you can't remain pissed off at the world forever.  I just never thought I'd see the day when Snoop Dogg would show up on 90210 or LL Cool J would star in a TV show with Chris friggin' O'Donnell. hmm

Punk -- I'm the same way.  While I might have a preference for metal/grunge/alternative, I have a wide and diverse taste in music.  Look through the music folder on my PC and you'll see everything from Gnarles Barkley to Anthrax, Harry Connick Jr. to Frank Black, Kelly Clarkson to Pantera, Motley Crue to Beastie Boys, Metallica to Elvis Presley, Wendy O'Williams to Paula Abdul...just all kinds of stuff. lol

Call Me Maybe is such a catchy song. I can't help but sing the chorus.

Lon-
I guess they just ran out of the fire, or ideas.  Of the guys you just mentioned, I got to admire Ice-T for his acting after rapping.  New Jack City, Trespass, a funky appearance in Johnny Mnemonic, and I really like him in SVU.  Though he needs to pick up the angst that Chris Meloni imbued with the show previously.

I'll admit I find that Gangnam Style song really catchy. It's like the Macarena and The Cotton Eye Joe dance. God I remember those dances, they were so awkward..

Look at me and you Tri, admitting we like songs tongue We should be proud of ourselfs lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1jPUB7g … ure=relmfu

What am I doing with my life, listening to this song...

... lol

I am so happy, finally got a subscription download  of Tell Tale Games The Walking Dead and its just as Sweet as everyone says it is:)

^ I haven't got to play Ep.4 yet, I'm dying too pick it up soon though.

Rage monkey is in effect.  I was told I should be a janitor.  Don't ask.

Last edited by azathoth (2012-10-11 17:08:46)

Today I am thankful to be alive smile for the first time in a long time Im happy to be here

^^
And we are happy that you are here!  smile

Now, I just need a spammer to show up tonight.  The rage is strong tonight.   ... I'll be waiting...

Last edited by azathoth (2012-10-11 23:34:00)

I updated my avatar for the Halloween season. 
Braaiiinnnssss...

I want to go mall and pick up Dishonored and a few movies, but I have to wait for the Postman to deliver my book this morning. If I miss him, I have to wait till Monday. 

And that's not going to happen.

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

And that's not going to happen.

What if I stop you?  tongue

LoudLon wrote:

Azzie -- I LOVED Ice-T and his Bodycount/F*** tha Police/There Goes the Neighborhood Days.  When I was chatting with Brooke on Skype last week we talked about that and I mentioned I wished Ice T had done more in the metal genre.

My only real complaint about Ice T -- as well as Dr. Dre, Ice Cube, Flava Flav and some others -- is that there was a time when they were head-to-toe legit, rappng about real shit, coming from real places.  Now you've got Ice Cube doing family movies, Flava Flav's a reality TV star and a complete joke, Dr. Dre manages idiots like Eminem (all the while backing up how "street" Eminem is when you know damn well that cracker's from the suburbs and that Eight Mile was a work of pure fiction) and Ice T stars in Law & Order: SVU.

I won't begrudge any of them their successes; you can't remain pissed off at the world forever.  I just never thought I'd see the day when Snoop Dogg would show up on 90210 or LL Cool J would star in a TV show with Chris friggin' O'Donnell. hmm

Punk -- I'm the same way.  While I might have a preference for metal/grunge/alternative, I have a wide and diverse taste in music.  Look through the music folder on my PC and you'll see everything from Gnarles Barkley to Anthrax, Harry Connick Jr. to Frank Black, Kelly Clarkson to Pantera, Motley Crue to Beastie Boys, Metallica to Elvis Presley, Wendy O'Williams to Paula Abdul...just all kinds of stuff. lol

I concur with the "old school" rappers going mainstream these days. Can't blame them though. It's all about the Benjamins. I saw NWA back in the day, and they were pretty damn good. They opened for U2's Joshua Tree tour.

I sure would have liked to see Dre put out another solo album about ten years ago. I like his beats. Now he's too busy producing and promoting other groups. Ahh well...

^^
OK, mind blown.
The UDog rappin' out?  HM gets more awesome by the hour.

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/557751_4651935780929_1889931552_n.jpg

...guess what came in the mail today for me? big_smile

http://pottytrainingsolutions.com/images/Everyone%20Poops%20Book.jpg
..Guess what also came in the mail today? big_smile

The first page of the book says:

"For Carley, who was a better person than I am even though she was a dog"

lol lol

Everyone may poop.  But how many fling said poop?  That is the question.
big_smile

my foot is asleep and I am cold

Misfits show tomorrow in sayreville!

Underdog wrote:
LoudLon wrote:

I concur with the "old school" rappers going mainstream these days. Can't blame them though. It's all about the Benjamins. I saw NWA back in the day, and they were pretty damn good. They opened for U2's Joshua Tree tour.

I sure would have liked to see Dre put out another solo album about ten years ago. I like his beats. Now he's too busy producing and promoting other groups. Ahh well...

Always loved the Aerosmith/RUN DMC collaboration.

Dang munchkins just ruined my back again.  lol