Re: Is Evil Dead even funny?

^^ I don't have amazon. And for something as expensive like that I'd rather buy it directly.

It's a website.
http://www.amazon.com
But oh well, do as you please buddy was just trying to help. smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2012-09-01 23:00:26)

^^I know what it is lol. But I have Ebay but currently only using to buy books. FAIL tongue

Hahahaha Ahhh alright. Ya, FAIL indeed. big_smile

Not a comedy horror film at all.

I found some of the deeper and more hopeless scenes break through with comedic effect in the first 2. Is does seem to be the complete and utter ridiculousness and hopelessness of the situation Ash is in that you find funniest, almost like you have to laugh to completely cope with it. Like if I don't laugh, I'll cry!

Well I guess same thing happens to The Lost Boys, and the Scream franchise.

There are also unintetionnally comical movies like Dawn of The Dead (1978) and Day of The Dead (1985) are packed with laughable scenes. Most of them were zombie killing scenes.

Oh, the humor in both those films was very much intentional.  Romero's sly like that. wink

But the remakes remove that.

The remakes are another story altogether, yeah.  I enjoyed the Dawn remake for what it was -- a straight action/horror flick.  But that Day remake...Christ on crutches, man, that was god-awful.  Zombies crawling on the ceiling???  What the hell Ving Rhames and Mena Suvari saw in that screenplay I will never figure out, and shame, shame on director Steve Miner.  He should know better.

Zombie movies...

The only funny thing to come out Raimi is Spider-Man 3 because his attempt at making a good Spider-Man movie. If only he hadn't crammed in unnecessary characters, villains, and plot points. But since this isn't about Evil Dead I'll stop ranting. tongue

^^I liked SM 3(SM? These two letters remind me of something). Spider-Man is actually the only superhero movie series that I watch lol. Never got the chance to go watch Cpt America, Thor...

Whaaat?!! Spider man the only one you like?!? Batman much! Madness wink I actually thought Raimis spiderman was alright tbf. Great if you just want some action with no deep storylines etc. It's fun to just sit, watch and enjoy.

And you gotta love the weird faces Tobey Macguire makes. He looks like he's about to crap himself whenever he's crying to Mary Jane or trying to save people. I mean, doesn't he?
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m78783gfHm1ra4j24o1_500.jpg

Last edited by Tripod (2012-09-03 05:18:10)

I think Spider-Man 2 is one of the top two or three superhero flicks ever made to date.  The other two...enh.  And The Amazing Spider-Man wasn't too bad, though the story could have been better.

some tymes they seems very funny due to their behaviour.........

Okay we all know that Raimi's S-M series is amazing but this is about The Evil Dead right!?

^^
It's called "being de-railed."  It happens.  I've de-railed my own threads.  But then I'm a zombie monkey, so thems the apples.

Anyway, Evil Dead is not very funny.  ED 2 is funny.

^^ Already said so.

Stoopid monkey.  big_smile

Are they derailing again? God I've missed you guys!

I was just talkin to a guy I work with who said He just watched Army of Darkness last week. He never heard of it before SO I had an obligation to tell him about the trilogy! Actually he turned it off somewhere during it but I told him he needs to see the first one well at least the second one to get the last one.
I think Evil Dead was a humorous take on horror. Evil Dead II was a comedy take of the original (it was really a remake of the original) the third was a comedy. So Raimi and Campbell had their own comedy style infused into all 3 of them, but yea the first was more serious but still had a flavour of humour in it, come on, it sure as hell wasn't straight horror!!

Yaa, the evil dead II was  horror and funny American movie..............

Last edited by speedt (2012-10-17 00:06:00)