Re: Last horror movie you watched?

*kXnPunk nods

Kill Theory - It's not a bad little slasher.. Well kind of a slasher with a nice twist at the end.. It's worth taking a look at.

ATM - This movie just didn't do it for me.. The killer/stalker is pretty lame and you have no idea who he is.. No back story no motivation.. I guess he is just supposed to be crazy.. That works in real life but in a movie.. You have to have some context for the killer.

The Original Classic: John Carpenter's Halloween (1978): One of the most scariest films you'll ever see in your entire life.
This film is a marvelous film, it's like almost EVERYTHING in it are perfect:
-The lighting, how director Carpenter filmed each scenes with the main antagonist/protagonist Michael Myers was just plain creepy. It will scares you even thou you're not letting it.
-The music, composed by John Carpenter himself, has a very unique tone which burrowed in to my memory when I was a kid along with The Exorcist's, Jaws's and Saw's theme. It set up the mood for the film too. How it was used in different scenes and how the soundtrack varies it's just... plain creepy!
-The cast, well, it wasn't very well acted but the characters are ultimately perfect for this haunting fillm. Very scary...
-Michael Myers... well this guy should have been in the character section but he was like so unique. Silent and creepy with his Captain Kirk from Star Trek of which I've never watched a lil' bit of them mask. He is the ultimate horror movie killer. I would be terrified if the guy suddenly appears in my room for his trademark I dunno which mark kitchen knife.
I dunno why somebody who directed the marvelous films like Christine, The Thing, Halloween, They Live, The Fog, Escape From New York... is so stupid at these times (like when he directed Village of The Damned, Ghost of Mars...) yeah, sucked big time.
with little gore and lots of creepy Michael scenes and an effectively something I dunno, makes this film a legendary horror classic. I rate it... 9.9/10 One of the ratings that I don't usually give.

A Lost Boy wrote:

The Original Classic: John Carpenter's Halloween (1978): One of the most scariest films you'll ever see in your entire life.
This film is a marvelous film, it's like almost EVERYTHING in it are perfect:
-The lighting, how director Carpenter filmed each scenes with the main antagonist/protagonist Michael Myers was just plain creepy. It will scares you even thou you're not letting it.
-The music, composed by John Carpenter himself, has a very unique tone which burrowed in to my memory when I was a kid along with The Exorcist's, Jaws's and Saw's theme. It set up the mood for the film too. How it was used in different scenes and how the soundtrack varies it's just... plain creepy!
-The cast, well, it wasn't very well acted but the characters are ultimately perfect for this haunting fillm. Very scary...
-Michael Myers... well this guy should have been in the character section but he was like so unique. Silent and creepy with his Captain Kirk from Star Trek of which I've never watched a lil' bit of them mask. He is the ultimate horror movie killer. I would be terrified if the guy suddenly appears in my room for his trademark I dunno which mark kitchen knife.
I dunno why somebody who directed the marvelous films like Christine, The Thing, Halloween, They Live, The Fog, Escape From New York... is so stupid at these times (like when he directed Village of The Damned, Ghost of Mars...) yeah, sucked big time.
with little gore and lots of creepy Michael scenes and an effectively something I dunno, makes this film a legendary horror classic. I rate it... 9.9/10 One of the ratings that I don't usually give.

Greatest Horror Film Ever.

^^ One of the best...

Just finished watching People Under the Stairs. I remember being absolutely blown away at was I was seeing on the screen the first time I watched. The whole premise of the movie is complete nonsense and it seems to follow no logical path. Which makes for an incredibly entertaining and orignal horror film. It's so absurd it's enjoyable.

Eli Roth's Hostel (2005): A watery gory horror film about three students going around Europe I think for the main purpose is to have sex with lots of gal lol, but ends up...
This movie was way better when I'd expected it to be, it was suspenful, gory and scary, I honestly dunno why they really hated this, but I also found that it wasn't very good at all.
Yeah they said that this was gory but not THAT gory.
Aside from being good because of it's gory nature, this horror flick was saved by lots of stuffs, like the amazing soundtrack score by Nathan Barr which matched the film's atmosphere very well, other ***** like the sexiness, disgusting of the film and the multi-language stuffs (or Paxton being a handsome smart-ass who likes to go ******* whores).
This film is kinda like Saw due to the fact that there are like very gory stuffs, the suspenful thing, the color (the green-yellow light which appears mostly in the prototype posters of Silent Hill) and like... lots of 'em...
I think I will give this a 7.2/10 to incourage Eli Roth on to making better films like this because this was (and also it's sequel) is just.... Also interesting film to own on DVD.

Last edited by A Lost Boy (2012-10-13 06:07:09)

^
The difference between Saw and Hostel is that Saw (the first 1 at least) managed to be suspenseful and didn't need to be explicitly gory (save for 1 or 2 scenes) to achieve it. Hostel was explicitly gory but didn't manage to convey any suspense whatsoever at least to me because of the annoying juvenile nature Roth incorporated into it.

Friday the 13th part 3 in 3D

6.3/10

^^ Oy, I thought I was the only person in this forum doing these specific reviews which I must write on a draft and make a scale before posting the conclusion. LOL idiot me.

^^
Everyone does their own thing.  A little background and info about the movie is appreciated, but not required on the forums.  If you submit a review to be posted in the Tomb, it requires some depth.

Smiley (2012) - I got about half way before I had to call it quits, and I usually don't give up on a movie. Smiley is a very bad experience and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. All I knew about it beforehand was that it: a) had a stupid looking killer, b) involves the internet. Thought that didn't sound like a bad mix; just wanted a cheesy movie to switch my brain off to watch.

The premise involves 4chan's /b/ board (yes...) and anonymous. Couldn't believe that a filmmaker would choose that as a subject, and if you've heard anything about that site it just makes the movie that much more cringeworthy.

The creator of the film has received death threats from 4chan over this, not that I'm surprised.

Also, the embarrassingly bad "urban legend" of Smiley uses a variation of the bloody mary legend. Except to incur the wrath of Smiley you have to type "I did it for the lulz" three times into some chatroulette knockoff. It created a new category of dumb.

Also included: insufferable characters, a script inspired by the comment section of youtube, and terrible direction.

Like I said, only watched half of it, so no rating from me.

Slaughterhouse- An 80's slasher about a killer who makes pig sounds and carries an enormous meat cleaver. Surprisingly good for a blind buy. I expanded on the film here

http://www.followingyourfears.com/2012/ … house-1987

...if you're interested.

Just watched Shocker for the first time. It was a pretty entertaining movie, some gory stuff but really not that scary in anyway. The main character comes across as a little slow and looks like a horse. His girlfriend on the other hand is smokin, wonder how the hell that happened. I honestly have the feeling Wes Craven is just incredibly out of touch with humanit. His movie from the late 80's/early 90's are pretty out there and seem to have completely un-relatable characters. I loved the soundtrack, tons of get metal songs, and a cameo from Alice Cooper. The implied spiritual necrophilia at the end was pretty awesome too.

John Carpenters The Fog. Been meaning to watch this for a while. Quite impressive. Certainly one of the most suspenseful, creepy and sometimes downright scary film i have seen recently. i think this is as a result of the excellent sound design and very striking imagery and well shot sequences. Quite light on character development but the aforementioned aspects make up for it. 8/10.

Last edited by Vasquez (2012-10-13 17:10:03)

The Thing (2011) again, I seen a few time, Not Good as JC but it's still a great watch

The Descent

Fantastic ending. Scary from start to finish.

8.4/10

Beetlejuice (1988): One of the best Tim Burton films I've seen.
It has a very cute Winona Ryder in it, and ridiculously funny moments, very Tim Burton.
I liked Beetlejuice's character fine because of his funny, perverted personnality.
The main characters were very uncommon with these family-horror films like these.
It is interesting to see Tim Burton making movies like these due to the fact that they are funny and creative, wish the guy would make more stuffs like this.
It's weird that I first thought the story or atleast the screenplay was wrote by Burton himself, turns out he's only the director of the film.
It kinda reminds me of a fantasy-horror film I watched when I was a kid lol.
I had a really fun time with this film and suggest EVERYONE to watch it because of: The Super Cute Winona Ryder, The Awesome Tim Burton, the film's music, Beetlejuice, 'cause it's a family horror film.... (be cautious of Beeteljuice's perverted personnality)
I think I will give this film a 7,6/10 + 0.5 for having Winona Ryder gives it a score of 8.1/10

Dario Argento's Suspenful Giallo Masterpiece Phenomena (1985):
One of the most and also one of the best horror film ever made by Dario Argento. This film contains  constant suspense which don't even let me take a break to take my dictionnairy to translate some parts of the film.
It has the very cute, pure and innocent young Jennifer Connelly in it, which makes it awesome.
The whole film was also, like Suspiria and other Argento films, very bizzare and surreal with the metal music and the awesome Main Theme by Claudio Simonetti, with bizarre and brutal murder scenes performed by Bobby err... I mean Patua.
This film merely combines movies genre that I likes: Horror - Mystery and Suspense - Supernatural...blablablablablablabla.... Very good!
The acting was brilliant, I liked that Donald Pleasence portrayed doctor John McGregor in the film, his role really matched him! And for Jenny's caracter: Jennifer... No complain about her.
This film managed to scares me alright, with it's excellent make-up, loud shocking scenes and terror filled scene along with the music makes this one of the scariest films I've seen. A very good giallo film I must say, not a must-see but effectively scary. I will give it a 9.5/10

^^ Also I think Jennifer Connelly said about four times profanities in this film.

The Mothman Prophecies (2002)   

I been trying to see this for while, After hearing the plot, it did have hint of a Final Destination feel to it, 

However this movie has the gloomy ambience that the FD movies should all have. The first one did come close and so did the fifth one but the rest  sold out for gory shocks. (Still Love FD SERIES)

With The Mothman Prophecies (2002)   what makes this movie, is  the impending sense of doom in Mothman is the best thing about it.

Mothman is incredibly suspenseful movie and makes you think it is also as some really good chilling moments

The actin was really good, the effect the bridge scene were really well done, I love the whole dreams that come true.

This movie was tad to long for a plot like this but, they did drag out any scenes for too long, they made the movie flow really well, there one moment where I was bored,  with or with act action scene.

This is not really a horror, it more of a Thriller, that a really chiller movie.   

Really Good movie 7 out of 10, what the Hell I give it's 8 out of 10

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter (2012) -- Not bad, pretty entertaining for what was, some parts were a bit too over the top. It would have been a little better in 3Dthe I think.

7/10

Twilight Zone: The Movie - 7.5/10

Very enjoyable film, I thought. A little slow here and there, but it picks up during the last half. John Lithgow did a GREAT job for the final segment, "Nightmare At 20,000 Feet". The opening sequence directed by John Landis was excellent, and Scatman Crothers is always a joy to see on film.

The downer with this film lies within the history of the helicopter crash that killed three people on set. One of the them being the star of the first story, Vic Morrow, and the others being two Vietnamese children. It sucks when a group of great people work together to make something awesome and then just end up being killed. Very sad.

Last edited by The Creature (2012-10-14 13:13:49)

Phantasm (1979) - 9.5/10

Once Bitten - 7/10