Re: I finally did it!

azathoth wrote:

^^
I think we had this discussion a few days ago somewhere (something about Sphere, I think)- read first then watch, or watch then read?  I'm a watch first guy.  Text, or graphic novels/comics, give a much more expansive space to tell a story, normally.

a few days ago??
more like a few years ago man

hey Fulcento you are only alowd a few times to get it right the first time

ignore this ole bastard who crawls in the meadows on his knees lookin for the speciaal shroom which works for him!

Fulcento wrote:

^ Shit, I've left one of my trademark rants in the middle of a quote again! Soz Lon, you 'll have to clean that up again! big_smile

This is one of the few forums on the board I don't have mod abilities in so I can't fix it for you. lol 

You can edit it, though.  Just enter your text after the [ /quote ] in the message you're quoting. smile

Fulcento wrote:

I beg to differ about the travesty known as The Office US.
It had 3 good seasons, season 1 was a shot-for-shot remake of the English version, season 2 immediately made Jim this untouchable hearthrob type and season 3 rapidly descended into typical American schmaltz. Ever since then it's been unbearably unfunny and the last season was godawful. At this point may I offer my sincerest apologies that we gave you Catherine Tate. It wasn't our fault. It was an experiment that went hideously wrong and we can only offer our most heartfelt reparations for that horrible hag we unleashed on your fine country. It was a terrible faus pas on our part and I, personally would like to apologise for her. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive us as a nation for that horrible woman. It wasn't our fault, she slipped through the net and somehow managed to become manager of Dunder Mifflin. Again, I am deeply ashamed we didn't drown her at birth!!!

I would also like to take this opportunity to express my sincerest apologies for giving the world Coldplay.

Sorry.

Eh, to each his own and all that jazz.  I still dig the US version quite a bit and prefer it to the UK version, which I also really dig nevertheless. 

Though I will agree with you on that Catherine Tate chick.  That broad's painfully unfunny and just plain irritating. lol

@Demon- Good point, the read vs. watch discussion pops up about every 2 months.

I'm a read first kinda person but I don't do graphic novels so in this case I'm watching only. Got to ep 5 last night. I'm loving it! I hate Laurie. I wanna smack her in her arsey mush (face).

UltraViolence wrote:

I'm a read first kinda person but I don't do graphic novels so in this case I'm watching only. Got to ep 5 last night. I'm loving it! I hate Laurie. I wanna smack her in her arsey mush (face).

Laurie makes me want to hurl, I second the motion ultra, smack her good in her arsey mush face!!!!!!!!!

Laurie is the only character that didn't really change or improve in the first episode of season 3 either. She is still whiny and annoying, and the only character I still don't like.

Even the older lady (forgot her name at the moment) got some balls and learned to shut up.....Laurie though is still nagging Rick and being the