Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Saw.
First in my marathon that's not really a marathon cause it took me 2 days to watch the first one tongue
Hopefully I can watch the next 6 uninterrupted

John Carpenter's The Thing

9.4/10

Watching The Blair Witch Project with my wife...she's never seen it so I'm excited she finally can!

I did a SyFy double dip-

Haunted High (2012)
They put Charisma Carpenter's name on it and she's in it for about 2 minutes.  Standard story about teens locked in their school while the demon/ghost things come after them.  The plot was never really explained as to why there are ghosts there besides, "He was a Satanist."  All the kills are off screen with blood then thrown at a wall.  The girl demon was fairly cool looking.  Mostly a background noise movie.
4/10

American Horror House (2012)
Ghost haunts a sorority, killing off people and possessing their souls to make them kill for it.  Has a plot, but again skipped on how the person became a powerful ghost in the house.  Good bit of gore and nice FX.  Lots of girls prancing around in various degrees of undress or sexy Halloween outfits.  Doesn't really build up any tension since someone is getting killed about every 7 minutes.  I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it, but if it's on TV, give it a shot.
6/10

Hatchet 8/10
Hatchet 2 6.5/10
Sinister 7.5/10

Sinister - 8/10 - I really enjoyed this movie. The jump scares were well placed and didn't feel cheesy.

Re-Animator. 10/10

Incredibly inventive, and unexpected. Awesome.

Last edited by Psycho97 (2012-10-19 12:58:22)

Something Evil  (1972 )  I never heard of this movie before,  I had no idea that Steven Spielberg, was one who work in this low budget  movie.

It's was not bad movie, this were some good spooky moment in the movie, the baby crying was creepy at first but then got annoying as goes on for bit to long,

There are some scenes in this movie, which are ALL MOST the as is other movie that made 10 years later Poltergeist. (Is little Girl in both movies)

This movie was little short, i Thought, ending, it felt the story still going, then about then second later the credits are rolling,

I felt there should have been a little aftermath of just happened but no! 

The acting well, the both good and bad, this was a TV movie. 

Worth watching

Monster Squad, such an underrated movie,

Satan's Little Helper (2004) 2/5.
Hypothermia (2012) 3/5.
Prometheus (2012) 5/5.
Nosferatu (1922) 3.5/5
A Fantastic Fear of Everything (2012) 3/5.

I forget but a week ago or so I watched Chained which was ok but not as disturbing as I thought. Well if you want to see what that could have been when a serial killer takes on a protege check out Snowtown Murders! WOW! What an incredible film that is intense and brutal! It takes a lot for me to turn away but I have to say a couple of times it made me do so!

Snowtown Murders 9/10
trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcoCTA2IZ7c

Also watched one that seemed to be getting a lot of hype, Lovely Molly. UGH! What a waste of time in my book! It may have not been so bad had the story not been so disjointed. Did it want to be a pyschological thriller, a found footage film, supernatural, a ghost story, serial killer???? It was all over the place and didnt find it scary in the least.

Lovely Molly 4/10

BASSI wrote:

Something Evil  (1972 )  I never heard of this movie before,  I had no idea that Steven Spielberg, was one who work in this low budget  movie.

It's was not bad movie, this were some good spooky moment in the movie, the baby crying was creepy at first but then got annoying as goes on for bit to long,

There are some scenes in this movie, which are ALL MOST the as is other movie that made 10 years later Poltergeist. (Is little Girl in both movies)

This movie was little short, i Thought, ending, it felt the story still going, then about then second later the credits are rolling,

I felt there should have been a little aftermath of just happened but no! 

The acting well, the both good and bad, this was a TV movie. 

Worth watching

Yep one of my faves as a kid

Halloween III: Season of the Witch

6/10

The idea itself seems promising but the execution is so weak that it hurts the film significantly.

^I really liked that movie, I wish after Halloween 3 they would have continued with Carpenter's idea of just making Halloween themed movies instead of more Myers movies. I love Mike Myers but I just not super keen on infinite sequels, they get a bit repetitive.

I just finished watching Repulsion for the first time. It is a genuinely dark and disturbing movie. It's the story of a young woman and her sister living on their own in what appears to be Britain. Though it is never explicitly said in the movie it is assumed that the young woman, Carolyn, was raped as a girl. Because of this she has a fear of intimacy and men. Fear turns to anger and murder. There's not a lot of dialogue in the movie but the scenes of carolyn alone in the dark, dreaming, hallucinating, are just disturbing. I love the symbolism in the movie too, her choice of weapon being that of a man's shaving razor, and the house slowing cracking apart as she herself slowly breaks. There's some really great camera work too that adds to the feeling of isolation.

I watched last horror movie ..............Land of dead............it was released 2005..........

original Friday the 13th

Still on my old school movies watching trip and this one is my all times favorite along with Horror Hotel.

Bride Of Frankenstein 1935
Karloff with Lugosi are definitely my favorite actors of that era. Man they're so awesome.
Karloff delivers a VERY creepy performance in this one. Not only that but the very sinister feel of the whole flick is pretty damn wild. So is the soundtrack.
Could watch it over and over for weeks in a row.
Yeah, for me it's THAT GOOD. 10/10

^An absolutely brilliant movie. A good example of a sequel done right. That being said I do prefer the first movie a bit more, but I really like the direction they took with this movie. As far as Lugosi and Karloff go, I love them both, but Karloff is definitely the superior actor.

The first???
Woah, I thought this one was the first.
What's the one you talk about???
Couldn't find anything anywhere.

Watched Grotesque...don't know why..prefered Flower of flesh and blood..

kXnPunk wrote:

The first???
Woah, I thought this one was the first.
What's the one you talk about???
Couldn't find anything anywhere.

I think he's referring to the movie Bride is a sequel to, the original Frankenstein (1931).

Ohhh that explains it. Thanks!!! smile

Scream

Evil Dead..........it never gets old. 9/10

Rewatched the EXCELLENT The Suicide Club. What an insane movie. Crazy asians again. Everytime they freak me out. They have very different view than us north americans do. 8/10