Topic: The Faculty

Any Fans?

Watched this for the first time in years last night.  I didn't know how great it was though I should have expected it considering it is directed by Robert Rodriguez.  Pretty brutal, kick ass movie.  Not nearly as cookie cutter as it seems on the surface with the casting. 

Also in Cabin in the Woods they mention the only time they failed was in 1998, and it was the chem lab.  People seem to think Faculty is what the writers were referring too since nobody dies, and Zeke is a chemist who makes a substance that kills the monsters.  Sort of similar to the stoner being immune in Cabin in the Woods.  Just kinda interesting to think about.

Last edited by ExplorerPOD (2012-10-12 14:01:56)

Re: The Faculty

I love the Faculty.  Great cast, nice FX, most of the characters don't act stupid.  I find it to be wildly under-rated. Just rewatched it recently, and I forgot how funny it also is (OK, not Shuan of the Dead funny, but it has its moments).

This movie was really good, I really enjoyed this movie, it was a lot of fun.

Yeah, a really fun flick with a great cast.  Funny to see how young they all were back then.

Another fun one from the same era is Idle Hands, "Look and me, look at me, I'm Leatherface!"  I love that line.  lol

Quite a good film. Robert Patrick is classic bad ass in this flick.

Yep, I'm a huge fan of this, it's an excellent teeny horror. It's like The Breakfast Club meets The thing, stopping by The Hidden before arriving at Body Snatchers. It never takes itself too seriously and every woman in this flick is fit as fuck, especially Famke Janssen when she turns into that insatiable slutty alien type.
It was never going to win any awards, but then again it never aspired to, it's pure teeny schlock goodness and I, for one, loved every minute.
9/10
Turn your brain off, ogle at the fit women and enjoy the ride.
9/10. Loved it.

I distinctly remember liking it but I havent see it in forever. It's on lovefilm might have a look at it again soon. And Fulcento I love your description of it there big_smile

I enjoy this flick and break it out, oh, I'd say once or twice a year.  It's especially a treat for me because I'm a big fan of Jon Stewart and this features him in an uber-rare dramatic role.  Then you've got Robert Patrick, one of the better character actors out there. 

And of course the eye candy.  Famke Janssen, Salma Hayek, Bebe Neuwirth, Jordana Brewster, Clea DuVall (I may be the minority but I think she's a cutie).  The script by Scream's Kevin Williamson may be a hodge-podge of familiar invasion movie tropes but he adds freshness to it, and of course Robert Rodriguez's direction, while not as unrestrained as in his self-written/self-produced films, is still energetic and keeps things interesting.

Mind you this is ONLY MY OPINION, but since it's one most people seem to share, I doubt I really have to point that out.

It has some good perfomance from the actors, bad effects for the creatures thou...

LoudLon wrote:

Famke Janssen

Say no more - Famke was my first horror crush, I'd be revealing my age if I told you how old I was when The Faculty first came out but let's just say that the House on Haunted Hill Remake & The Faculty brought me to the attention of the one & only Famke Jenssen. She really was Gods gift to men in the mid to late nineties, the scene in The Faculty where she comes on to the drug dealer dude in the car park is the most seductive thing ever. I would've gone weak at the knees! What a man-eater! She also looks damn fine in the Hill remake. Good gravy she was stunning about 15 years ago.

I first noticed her in the Bond flick Goldeneye.  Hubba freakin' hubba, man...

^^
I think she caught my eye in the remake of House on Haunted Hill.  And I always love the wicked but not quite evil gal.

I give this movie some looovvveee, great cast, fun premise, it all works well together

I love The Faculty. basically a Invasion of the Body Snatchers for teens in the 1990s basically.

Impressive cast too from Elijha Wood to Clea Duvall and the only time I coudl stand Jon Stewart.

Im a huge Robert Rodriquez fan anyways, its obvious from watching the Faculty he is a huge fan boy himself. I love the homage to The Thing among other sci-fi flicks from long ago. A great cast, Rodriquezs' personal touch on the soundtrack is always enjoyable and the humor all make this a fun watch.

I loved it I watched it the other night again still really good

Huge fan, one of my favorite alien flicks. Great story, great cast and a awesome GTO. Whats not to like?