Topic: Watching films with oher people

I have noticed that when i watch a violent film with someone it seems alot more violent and more shocking and has more of an effect on me. However when i watch films on my own that are violent they don't seem shocking at all. I wonder why this is? Does this happen 2 any 1 else?

Re: Watching films with oher people

I like watching horror films by myself instead of being around other films. It's the feel outta the film for me.

Now for comedies I like to watch them with a group of people.

it depends if im really into it like i was wth Halloween and Saw i like to watch those alone. If im watchign jsut a no name movie where im into it but more into my girlfriend it depends on the movie. Sometimes i jsut say shut the fuck up and let me watch this movie comedies ont he other hand i love watchign with other ppl cuz it seems funnier

That's a reason why I am kinda waiting for Halloween to die down just a bit before I go to see it cause I hate watching a horror film in a packed audience and not being able to enjoy the film cause people are chatting or talkin g out loud toward the screen and I just wanna tell that person to shut the fuck up so I can enjoy the film.

Adam my guess is it seems more shocking because there are also reactions from others.  Something you may not think something is shocking but it may be to your other viewer and they react to it.  Because they react to the violence this may cause the illusion that more things were shocking since there were two people reacting to situations.  Between you and the other viewers you may have had reactions to a larger number of scenes as a group thus making it more shocking....

I base this theory off of comedies.  I think movies are often funnier in groups because of the laughing of other people.  Sometimes I notice I laugh more or enjoy a comedy more because of others reactions and laughs around me, so I guess the same can be applied to the shocking moments of horror/violent movies.

It can't be that because watching the films there were no reactions from the ppl i was with.

Well dont know what to tell you then. tongue It was just a theory.  Thats what I think it is for me.

I guess it's a mixture for me. I don't mind the whole atmosphere when seeing a movie in the theatre b/c you get the crowd's reaction. But when i'm at home watching a movie, i like to watch it by myself. I just like to have that silence. Just me and the movie with the lights turned off.

I think it might have to do with the atmosphere that it created by just the fact that other ppl r in the room.
Also most ppl havent got what i meant:P

I was actually just saying what happens with me. Which is a better feel. But now to your question, i think it has to deal with the atmosphere with a packed theatre and you're experiencing everyone elses reaction. But when you're watching it at home by yourself, you're not getting that same atmospheric experience. You just get that different feel when watching a movie with others and watching it by yourself.

I love to watch any kind of films with other people,but I especially love to watch horror with other people!