Topic: Remember this old horror movie?

I watched it a few times back in the early 1980s when VHS rentals were awesome.

Its some horror movie where a group of people had to help this one gal out because of some weird mortician and some big tall caretaker. Then something about an evil clown doll that would show up in mirrors or something.

Then at the end of the movie there was a gruesome scene where one of the guys fell into some some pool of white goo in the house and the white goo was dissolving his flesh.

I can't exactly remember what the exact title of the movie was called, but it involved Hell and House in the title of the movie so I dunno.

Re: Remember this old horror movie?

Sounds like a cross between Poltergeist 1 & 2 and Amityville: It's About Time.
Hope someone solves this.

Mortuary 1983?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087746/

Maybe Ghosthouse (1988)

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab101/DirtyGirlMovies/ghosthouse-movie-poster-1988-1020469523.jpg

Last edited by DirtyGirl (2012-10-15 16:14:11)

No to Poltergeist and Amityville Its about Time. Amityville Its About Time was in the early or mid 1990s. Not the movie I'm asking about.

That Ghost House might be it though since the lead female character would always be tormented by some weird ghost doll while the spooky villains were human like a mortician and his caretaker buddy who was an outcast or whatever.

And at the end of the movie, one of the guys that were good they fell into some hole in the house and was covered with this white goo that was like acid or whatever.

Guess I should go wikiepedia Ghost House

Damn. Ghost House was an Italian horror movie originally called Evil Dead II or whatever?

Why are these old movies like Ghost House so hard to try to remember these days and everyone else here thinks I'm talking about junk like Poltergeist for pete's sake?  tongue

urrutiap wrote:

No to Poltergeist and Amityville Its about Time. Amityville Its About Time was in the early or mid 1990s. Not the movie I'm asking about.

That Ghost House might be it though since the lead female character would always be tormented by some weird ghost doll while the spooky villains were human like a mortician and his caretaker buddy who was an outcast or whatever.

And at the end of the movie, one of the guys that were good they fell into some hole in the house and was covered with this white goo that was like acid or whatever.

Guess I should go wikiepedia Ghost House

Better yet, Here's the youtube video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxrRYvgO … xrRYvgOreE

PS.  It was the white goo comment that sparked my memory of this movie.  Very Cheesy and kinda creepy!

ok I just went to youtube and someone actually has Ghost House to watch for free in like 9 parts at youtube.

And yes Ghost  House is the movie that I have been trying to describe since my first post in this thread.  Back then movies like this came out of the blue and then decades later like today its really hard to remember the names until someone who's into obscure horror they post youtube videos of these old movies that I try to hunt down

yeah the white goo that the guy was covered with it was eating his skin an then the gal didnt know who he was until she saw his face a little bit. And yes that evil little clown doll is kind of creepy. Back then yes it was creepy but today people tend to ruin the fun and say the doll's face is cheesy and silly.

Really? LOL. Back then I and others who grew up in the 1980s were scared to death by horror movies like Ghost House and Creepshow. Back then the special effects looked awesome and creepy while today watching them all over again,  the dummies with the fake blood end up cheesy looking today even with Nightmare on Elm Street 2 where Freddy pops out of Jesse's body. Back then it was gruesome and gory. Nowadays today the old special effects in our eyes since we're older the special effects of the body dummies look a bit silly and kind of awful looking but hey... lol

DirtyGirl by the way thank you for that youtube link even though you're about 2 minutes slow just kidding. I found it before you linked it here. Thank you by the way.

It's really hard to dig through the internet when it comes to old obsure horror movies like Ghost House 1988

urrutiap wrote:

Why are these old movies like Ghost House so hard to try to remember these days and everyone else here thinks I'm talking about junk like Poltergeist for pete's sake?  tongue

I was only 'suggesting' Poltergeist 1 & 3 and Amityville 1992 as the decription sounded like a melange of those films. I solve tons of these inquiries on IMDb so I was only tossing some ideas out there. That's all.

Post a question about a movie and there is a 98% chance someone will figure it out.  There are only 2 that I know of that haven't been found.  1 was "kid's dad is the police chief, and the kid and his girlfriend gas the killer at the end."  The 2nd was a conglomeration of things that made all of us think that the guy was mixing up at least 2 movies.