Topic: Best Haunted House Experience

With 2 of our own working in haunted houses, I got to wondering what was the best and/or funniest HH experience you have had.  Could be as a visitor or as an actor in one.  I never was an actor in one, so here are my visitor experiences-

Funny-
One time my boss and I were on business travel, and decided to go to the local haunted house. We were in a group with 2 couples of college kids. About 3 minutes in, the girls abandoned their guys and were hanging onto us the rest of the way. (No, nothing happened afterwards, we're both married.) I would have loved to hear the conversations of "why were you hanging onto those other guys?" vs. "why were you running away from everything?" afterwards.

Scary-
Hard to describe.  It started off with a nice intro.  Had a bit of wait to get into the woods, then a bunch of stuff would come at you out of nowhere.  There were the set-pieces where you knew something was going to happen, but between them a "ghost" would fly right over your head, a guy would step out from behind a tree and start a chainsaw right next to you, that kind of thing.  The ride took a good 30-some minutes, so there was a lot of stuff packed in there.

Last edited by azathoth (2012-10-17 11:14:41)

Re: Best Haunted House Experience

I'm kind of a wuss when it comes to these things, so I try to avoid them...but that said..I've been lured in to quite a few.  Best one by far was in Niagara Falls.  It's total darkness save a small red light at the far end of the room that you have to follow through the madness...Lots of groping in the dark, people whispering in your ears...and you can't speed up because you never know if you'll run into something...if it wasn't for some forsight on my part, I surely would have crapped my pants.

I don't scare easy, and when I go through a Haunted attraction, I laugh, cuz I am having so much darn fun!! So I usually giggle my way through. My Dad and I went through a house when I was in my teens, and yes you have to grope in places so dark. Dad was groping away trying to figure out what it was in front of him. heh it was a girl in an angora sweater, yep he had her breasts!! GO Dad Go!!! He was so embarrassed, I teased him forever about it:)

^^
Didn't you post about a week ago you made some guys scream when you scared them at your place?

I've had two really fun haunted house experiences.

The first was when I was in the Army and our CO came up with the idea of converting our company barracks into a haunted house, that he let me organize.  For my own attraction, I converted the med unit into a mad scientist lab.  I played the mad scientist in Claud Rains Invisible Man get-up, and had my buddy Flood play the victim.  We gored him up with prosthetics and the idea was that when visitors entered the room, my back would be to them, and I'd be hunched over the table where Flood was lying.  I'd touch his arm with a rubber syringe as a cue and he'd sit up screaming.  So the first night, we get our first visitor.  I hear the door opening behind me.  I hold up the syringe, show-boating.  I touch Flood's arm with it.  He sits up screaming and drooling.  And we hear this SCREAM.  I look over my shoulder, and see that our first visitor is our CO himself, and his 7-year-old daughter was crying her eyes out.  He shut the whole thing down later that night and the next day ripped me a new one.  But I didn't care, because it was totally worth it.  We scared the piss out of that little girl. lol

The second was an attraction called Industrial Nightmare back in '97.  Got to meet Kane Hodder as we emerged from the exit.  That didn't go too well (dude was a major prick and, thanks to my roommate, for a second I thought Hodder and I were going to have a throw down LOL) but what made that particular night so much fun was the group of hot chicks who were immediately behind my roommate and me.  Everytime there was a scare, the girl behind me would grab my shirt and bury her face into my back, just holding on for dear life.  If I hadn't been so anxious to get through the attraction and meet Hodder, I probably would have hit that. lol

Honestly never been to one. But, I am going to the Goretorium in Vegas when I go back in Feb.

@Lon-
I always love that Hodder story.  He's, what, 3 feet taller than you?  tongue

By the way, check your PMs, I have a question for you.

Last edited by azathoth (2012-10-17 12:29:24)

I'm 5'9".  Hodder's 6'3".  That's half a foot.  But y'know what's funny, when I met him?  He didn't seem that tall.  I would have guessed two, three inches taller, max. hmm

Oh, and check your PMs. wink

^^
I know, just joking on that height convo we had a few night ago.

Checked the PM, thanks for the advice.  Always helps to get a 2nd opinion.

Before my youngest was born, hubs and I went to Universal's Halloween Horror Nights two years in a row. Always such a fun time. Since then we haven't been able to go to any of the Halloween attractions. Finding a sitter is next to impossible now with our situation being what it is. There's a haunted trail set up just north of us that's supposed to be a really awesome experience where you're chased through the woods by chainsaw wielding psychos among other fun / scary things. Sort of like what Az described in his second scenario, I imagine. Busch Gardens does Howl-O-Scream every year and I've been dying to go to that too, but I'm going to have to wait until the munchkin is older.

I just went to Scarborough, which is a seaside town about an hour away from me, and they have a haunted house called 'Terror Tower' there. It is epic. You literally tour sets from a ton of different horror movies (and Jurassic Park, for some reason ?) and live actors walk around dressed as horror characters. I loved it.

At one point, we were coming through the Bates Motel bathroom and you have to wait at each door to pass through. My brother pushed the door and there was a guy stood there in full Jason costume right in front of his face. My brother jumped back and was ready to punch the guy. I laughed very hard big_smile He's not a big horror fan lol. He walked past us and just stood staring at me, probably wondering why I was grinning all over my face rather than looking scared

And right at the end, you walk through the last door and turn around, and Leatherface chases you out with a chainsaw. I totally loved it, I would definitely recommend to anyone! http://www.terrortower.co.uk/

Last edited by HorrorQueen17 (2012-11-06 00:16:28)