Re: Snapping Noises Trailer - By Vamp_Slayer

Oh, I didn't take it as you holding anything against anyone.  I was just expressing my general view on SOV filmmaking.  I wasn't trying to imply anything. smile

I liked it a lot. I love films where the female lead isn't a girly wuss, even if she's the villain, and the premise of the thing seems really up my street. The snapping noises is an intriguing feature and I'm really looking forward to seeing the whole thing.

I didn't think the acting was bad, but like some of the others have said, there are much more important things for me personally in a film than the acting. The plot, build up, pacing and ideas behind the film are what I look for. I also loved the switch from dark to light, and the lead kind of reminded me a little of Lola from The Loved Ones, definitely a good thing!

Thanks, I hope he actual movie can make a good impression on people. The idea really stemmed from my love of female characters going crazy to be honest, movies like May, Black Swan, The Loved  Ones and Repulsion and others like that. Not that I am saying it is as good as those but that I really wanted to try for a movie in that vein. I'm glad you mad such comparisons that is what I was aiming for.

Vamp_Slayer wrote:

Hey all, so I said I would post the trailer to the short film that I made so here it is. I have submitted it the festival that I originally created it for and I will let you know if it gets in! If not then I will likely just post the whole thing online later on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU4zLROd … e=youtu.be

this is nice work vamp. keep going. you have potential so I'll share with you something I learnt from my experience. It takes a lot of courage for someone to give an honest but negative comment on your work. And it goes a long way if we apply it in the right way for our growth than to fight it. Because this is not your masterpiece. Your masterpiece is waiting somewhere out there.  and if you get stuck by one negative comment then you will never make your masterpiece.

Thanks man for the encouraging words. I don't feel discouraged at all I can only gain experience by trying and continuing so I hope to do just that.